Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole (1854 Views)

The Entrance Gate To Willie Obiano's House In Aguleri (Photo) / 32 Retired Judges Drag Obiano, A-G To Court Over Unpaid Gratuities, Pensions / I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by dubemnaija: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
(Valentine writes from Awka, Anambra State)
Like the last three government before it, the present governor of Anambra state in the person of willie obiano has been very busy – doing absolutely nothing for the improvement of the state. A state with hard working men and women driven by desire and passion to excel in their fields of endeavor. An Anambra based journalist once said that “the present governor is sitting on gold chair and foundation casted by his predecessor enjoying state funds on frivolities.” I have to agree by that assertion and even more.

Anambra state has in the past been known as a state commercially poised to be the best in sub-Saharan Africa. With this great feat comes a challenge that needs to be tackled so the status quo can remain. Such challenge comes in the form of security lapses, bad or non existing basic infrastructures, social vices, hooliganism and cultism among others. The present government is saddled with the responsibility of seeing to perfection, the opposite of these challenges; but reverse is the case.

So much noise and hype has been made in the media about improvement in securing the lives and properties of people living in the state. I throw out a challenge to anyone who is willing though, to oppose me with facts, that in terms of security, positive change has been achieved.

Cultism and cult related killings are on the rise in the state. Just the other day, three able bodied young men were gunned down at the Obosi-Nkpor axis of the state by cultists; even more and heinous killings have occurred. To nip such ugly development in the bud, the authorities need to re-orientate the youths on the ills of cultism. Also, secret agents should be drafted into those Red areas to furnish the appropriate authorities with detailed information – as they unfold.

The issue of Agriculture in the state is moribund, as no vital agricultural policy has been initiated by the present government since inception into office. The man at the helms of affairs takes pleasure in media propaganda and public deception. We were all aware of the recent hype and falsehood being peddled in the media about the state exporting vegetables to foreign countries and earning forex for the nation; and the mass production of rice. The government thrives in such propaganda.

Until the Willie Obiano led government begins to focus on revitalizing the Agricultural sector through policy reforms and provision of Agricultural grants, we will continue to see food – just on the pages on newspapers and televisions. I implore Obiano to go learn such from his northern counterparts.

There has been varying degrees of protest in the state on reforms targeted at destabilizing the livelihoods of its citizens. Recently, the fruits and vegetables traders at Upper Iweka in Onitsha has been in the news protesting of the ill treatments meted to them by the government. Their nightmare started when the government, in the name of cleaning the state, relocated the market and chased the traders to a new site at Atani in Ogbaru Local government area of the state, without putting in place, structures to house the traders. On a visit to the new site of the market by our correspondent, nothing could be seen on ground in terms of development. No physical structure is on ground, except for the fence and gate put in place by the local government authorities and the market executive.

The issue of multiple and over taxation as being witnessed in this regime is well enough to make any true business entity seek for relief elsewhere. During the first quarter of the year, there was a stern warning by Banks and other financial institutions operating in the state to the government, threatening to go on strike if it does not rescind its policy geared at extorting huge sums from them – all in the name of tax. The poor traders in the state are feeling the heat the most, as they must comply with the wicked directive; else, their daily source of feeding and livelihood will be shut down. From Eke Awka to Oye Nimo, from Ose to Akuora, the story remains the same; people are compelled to fund the lavish lifestyle of the chief executive. Pure water hawkers, okada men, barrow pushers, artisans all inclusive in this excessive show of shame by the government. I urge those in charge of policy making to take into consideration, the plight of the common man. These people should be considered first; not just during elections and electioneering period. Willie Obiano is indeed a square peg in a round hole.

Mr Obiano should get his acts together and strive to make the state great. He should surround himself with intellects and not the vultures hovering around him, to scavenge on the commonwealth of the state.

http://www.dubemnaija.com/2016/10/willie-obiano-square-peg-in-round-hole.html

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by dubemnaija: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
hmm
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by renegade09(m): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
We got it very wrong with Obiano. He's dragging us back 20 years. He lavished the over 75billion naira left by his predecessor. Nothing on ground except 3 archaic and hugely inflated flyovers on a 2km stretch of Federal road. He only works on the pages of newspapers and on the internet. Still waiting on any meaningful developmental strides from him. In fact, truth be told, he is a failure!

5 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by drskyfly007(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
Better than other south eastern governors...

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by dubemnaija: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
renegade09:
We got it very wrong with Obiano. He's dragging us back 20 years. He lavished the over 75billion naira left by his predecessor. Nothing on ground except 3 archaic and hugely inflated flyovers on a 2km stretch of Federal road. He only works on the pages of newspapers and on the internet. Still waiting on any meaningful developmental strides from him. In fact, truth be told, he is a failure!

Obiano is a well experienced con artist

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by dubemnaija: 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
drskyfly007:
Better than other south eastern governors...

lalasticlala
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by WhoRUDeceiving: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Propaganda as usual. So far talk of all the non APC governors on nairaland today, yet APC itself is a joke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Their nightmare started when the government, in the name of cleaning the state, relocated the market and chased the traders to a new site at Atani in Ogbaru Local government area of the state, without putting in place, structures to house the traders. On a visit to the new site of the market by our correspondent, nothing could be seen on ground in terms of development. No physical structure is on ground, except for the fence and gate put in place by the local government authorities and the market executive.
And they did not protest?

If it were Fasola,Ambode or any SW governors that did this even with six months prior notice, you would have seen protests claiming the Igbo people are being targeted.

My brothers, I hail una.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by kcnwaigbo: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
who are exactly all this afonjas polluting the airspace? Any fool hoping APC has any chance in Anambra state come 2018 is dreaming!!!!Obiano is ten times better than all the APC Governors put together especially the Aboki at the Doughlas house Owerri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by GODISGREAT123: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
story

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by realglobe: 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
renegade09:
Stop taliking rubbish.. Obiano has done more for the state than all the previous governors combined since 1999. Keep waiting to see meaningful strides from obiano mr. blind man. Obaino is the best Anambra governor ever.. haters like you are irrelevant and will never stop the moving train.. get a life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by ahamonyeka(m): 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
You mean obiano knows nothing only to put pathing on his hair cut.

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by renegade09(m): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
realglobe:

Stop taliking rubbish.. Obiano has done more for the state than all the previous governors combined since 1999. Keep waiting to see meaningful strides from obiano mr. blind man. Obaino is the best Anambra governor ever.. haters like you are irrelevant and will never stop the moving train.. get a life
. You r funny indeed. I'm sure u don't even reside in Anambra state. Please stop chasing shadows and tell us where your hero has done any meaningful project in the state. Pls don't come up with the $5m ugu scam.

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by realglobe: 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
renegade09:
. You r funny indeed. I'm sure u don't even reside in Anambra state. Please stop chasing shadows and tell us where your hero has done any meaningful project in the state. Pls don't come up with the $5m ugu scam.
I dont discuss with people with village mentality. Obiano is the best Governor Anambra has ever had. Tell me a governor better than obiano in the history of Anambra or any governor in nigeria better than obiano currently and we can begin to compare notes

5 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
ahamonyeka:
You mean obiano knows nothing only to put pathing on his hair cut.

very correct

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
realglobe:

I dont discuss with people with village mentality. Obiano is the best Governor Anambra has ever had. Tell me a governor better than obiano in the history of Anambra or any governor in nigeria better than obiano currently and we can begin to compare notes

it's a huge insult comparing the performances of Peter obi and Ngige with Obiano. if you can point out just one thing Obiano has truly achieved since coming on board as chief executive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by CHANNELStv2020: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
OBIANO IS A KILLER OF HIS OWN PEOPLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by realglobe: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
dubemnaija2:

it's a huge insult comparing the performances of Peter obi and Ngige with Obiano. if you can point out just one thing Obiano has truly achieved since coming on board as chief executive
You are very foolish for mentioning that criminal called peter obi.. Mention one signature project peter obi left for the state after 8 years? Is it security? Infrastructure? Workers welfare, investments? You must be either blind or living in a cave to ask me what obiano has truly achieved as governor. rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by ahamonyeka(m): 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
dubemnaija2:

very correct
lol you no go kill me abeg.
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by onatisi(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
renegade09:
But for the past 2 years ppl have been saying he is doing wonderful well in anambra and that he has transformed the place into a mini African dubai

3 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Kingsley1000(m): 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
obiano is trying .....lets support him

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Kingsley1000(m): 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
i don't reside in anambra,since my people are contented with his style of governance,let him continue

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
realglobe:

You are very foolish for mentioning that criminal called peter obi.. Mention one signature project peter obi left for the state after 8 years? Is it security? Infrastructure? Workers welfare, investments? You must be either blind or living in a cave to ask me what obiano has truly achieved as governor. rubbish

you don't need to insult ur father to drive down ur point. if you are blind, Na you know

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Kingsley1000:
i don't reside in anambra,since my people are contented with his style of governance,let him continue

2018 will determine that
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by renegade09(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Averted:
you are a big fool .. pple like you that has never left your slum .talkmore of knowing what's hapening in anambra ..will be running mouth
..Willie is Working take it or leave it
. You r indeed a bumbling buffoon! Give me facts. Enough of the Willie is working garbage! Lowlife brain-dead slowpoke. Where is your Willie working? U have failed to tell us. Anambra has been going down daily. The roads r gone. Planlessness is the hallmark of this government!
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by ExInferis(m): 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
When would nigerians learn: placing a square peg in a round hole is an extraordinary feat bordering on magic.

It takes talent to pull it off.

Don't they always tell us to think outside of the box?
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by nonsobaba: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
renegade09:
. You r indeed a bumbling buffoon! Give me facts. Enough of the Willie is working garbage! Lowlife brain-dead slowpoke. Where is your Willie working? U have failed to tell us. Anambra has been going down daily. The roads r gone. Planlessness is the hallmark of this government!
You are really a hopeless goat! If you can't see Obiano's good works across Anambra in terms of infrastructure, attraction and stimulation of private investments, urban renewal, resuscitation of the 37 general hospitals in the state, prompt payment of salaries and pensions, law and order, then may you remain perpetually blind, ewu.

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by dubemnaija: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
good
Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by darlingtonNYIG(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
Must all these Willie Obiano online warriors insult people just to make a point? Let us argue in a mature manner; develop your points to disprove other contradictory points Made By others

In all, I think Obiano is below average in performance. He is extremely flamboyant. Imagine a governor receiving over five traditional titles. That's shameful and wrong.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:39am On Dec 19, 2016
When true sons of Ọmanbala speaks none of you will matter. Akpọkuedike till his tenure is over.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano: A Square Peg In A Round Hole by dubemnaija: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
NRIPRIEST:
When true sons of Ọmanbala speaks none of you will matter. Akpọkuedike till his tenure is over.

good that you know

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Igbo Senators To Visit Nnamdi Kanu At Kuje Prison / Masquerade Spotted Taking Selfie With His Phone In Imo State(photos) / 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.