Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' (1343 Views)

Sister Afia And Freda Rhymz Nearly Fought At TV3 / 22-Year-Old Nina Causes A Stir With Her #10YearsChallenge Photos / Yinka Ayefele Celebrates 20th Anniversary Of Accident That Nearly Killed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' by Talentteam100(f): 4:22am On Oct 28, 2016
SHOCKING photos of Hannah Koestler, 22, days away from death after weighing just five stone and having a BMI of 11. A normal or healthy BMI (Body mass index) is said to be from 18 to 25. However Hannah’s BMI was 11 which was way below the accepted BMI.

In November 2011, at age 17, Hannah was diagnosed with Anorexia nervosa. She stated that at a point in her life, she was feeding on just 3 rice cakes a day and wore a dress size of a 10 year old girl. She even suffered from organ failure and hair loss because of her eating disorder.

‘I know that the pictures are graphic, but they’re my journey and we shouldn’t shy away from the truth’ she said ‘Anorexia is a cruel illness that ravishes the body and mind. I hope that my pictures will deter other people from developing eating disorders and inspire those in its grips to get help. Looking at old pictures always brings back all the memories of what happened to me, but I’ve never been happier than I am now and I want people to know that.’

Source:

Re: Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' by Dsaintprodigy(m): 5:16am On Oct 28, 2016
Strange illness. undecided
Re: Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' by avril9(f): 6:07am On Oct 28, 2016
For me anorexia is more of an illness of the mind trying to control the body with an ideal way to look and be accepted by society(for personal reasons or trying to look like an ideal model).
Re: Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' by SAMBARRY: 6:42am On Oct 28, 2016
Smh. Amala and goat meat with ewedu will restore your lost senses and body
Re: Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' by Talentteam100(f): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
avril9:
For me anorexia is more of an illness of the mind trying to control the body with an ideal way to look and be accepted by society(for personal reasons or trying to look like an ideal model).

I agree, it's got to do with self consciousness, trying to look in a way that deems right in the society.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Pic: 'anorexia Nearly Killed Me’ 22 Year Old Girl Days Away From Death' by ookesanjo(m): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
God will save us sha.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Damond Platnumz’s Girlfriend’s Baby Shower / Photos Of Popular Nollywood Producer Jude Legemah Doing What He Does Best / Apostle Suleman Saga: ‘if You Love Your Life, Leave Him Alone’ – Stephanie Otobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.