Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No (2584 Views)

PDP Rejects Soremekun As Ondo INEC Chief, Alleges Plot To Rig Elections / Fayose Campaigns For Eyitayo Jegede In Ondo (Photos) / Friends Storm Airport To Welcome Eyitayo Jegede As He Lands In Ondo(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
Investigations by Leadership revealed that Amina Zakari had attended a meeting with the INEC Chairman at the at the presidential villa with president Buhari and clear instructions was given to the Commission to announce the name of Jimoh Ibrahim as the candidate of the PDP.
The Independent National Electoral Commission has named businessman Jimoh Ibrahim as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for the November 26 governorship election despite a recommendation by its Legal Department who investigation by Leadership newspaper has revealed recommended that Eyitayo Jegede be recognized as the authentic candidate of the party in a Memo signed by the Head of Legal Department which was sent to the INEC Chairman and discussed at an elaborate staff meeting yesterday. Part of the memo from the Legal Department reads thus:

The Legal Department recommends that Eyitayo Jegede be recognized as the candidate of the PDP because the Commission monitored the primaries that produced him in line with the Electoral Act. The Makarfi led Caretaker Committee (CTC) complied with the provisions of the Electoral Act by writing to the Commission as stipulated by law and gave the Commission enough Notice as stipulated by Law. This primaries was conducted and monitored in the state capital, Akure by the commission with all the national organs of the party present. The party fulfilled all the conditions stipulated in the Electoral Act for the conduct of the primaries. This is why the Commission must recognize Eyitayo Jegede as the authentic candidate of the PDP.

Jimoh Ibrahim’s name was forwarded to the Commission by the factional State Exco of the PDP in Ondo State against the stipulation of the Electoral Act that says the name of a candidate must be forwarded to the Commission by the National Executive Council of the party. That this was not done inline with the Electoral Act and the act also contravenes the position of the Supreme Court in Emeka vs Okadigbo which equivocally states that it is the national executive of a political party that can forward the name of a candidate to the Commission.

The decision of his Lordship Justice Okon Abang comes at a time when there are many conflicting judgements on this issue and also violates the Supreme Court position in Emeka vs Okadigbo which states that for a candidate to be recognized as the candidate of a political party, he must have participated in all the processes for nomination and election into the position he seeks to occupy and that Jimoh Ibrahim did not qualify for this as he was neither validly nominated by his political party or is there any evidence before the Commission to show that he participated in any primaries. The Commission also did not monitor any primaries in which Jimoh Ibrahim emerged as a gubernatorial candidate of the PDP.

There has been a restraining order from an Akure High Court restraining the Commission from recognizing Jimoh Ibrahim as the candidate of the PDP and it is the most recent order in the face of many conflicting orders. The Commission must do what is ethically and professionally right by not recognizing Jimoh Ibrahim as the PDP candidate since it is clear to the Commission that only the primaries that produced Eyitayo Jegede followed the provisions of the Electoral Law.

Despite the recommendation by the Legal Department, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim’s name was posted on an INEC notice board in Akure as well as on the Commission’s website. Further investigations by this newspaper revealed that Amina Zakari had attended a meeting with the INEC Chairman at the presidential villa with president Buhari and clear instructions was given to the Commission to announce the name of Jimoh Ibrahim as the candidate of the PDP. A source who was at the meeting said the Attorney General of the Federation was also at that meeting and advised that substituting of the name of Jegede with Jimoh Ibrahim was the right thing. Amina Zakari announced at the INEC management meeting where the final decision was taken to announce Mr. Jimoh’s name that the Commission had sought the advice of the Attorney General of the Federation and was advised rightly even when the members of the Legal Department raised several objections to her arguments in support of Jimoh Ibrahim.

The INEC source said before the INEC Chairman and Amina Zakari came into the meeting, it appeared their minds were already made up and nobody could do anything otherwise and you dare not oppose Amina Zakari because she is the most powerful person at INEC now. She is the one that nominated most of those appointed by the president, the source further added.
This implies that until a superior court gives a contrary judgment, Eyitayo Jegede, the candidate of the Ahmed Makarfi-led faction of the PDP will not be accepted as the party’s candidate.

A court order from an the Ondo State High Court on Wednesday restrained INEC from recognizing Mr. Ibrahim as the candidate of the PDP pending the determination of the substantive suit before the court.

Mr. Abang had on October 14 declared Mr. Ibrahim the true candidate of the PDP. On Thursday, Mr. Abang rejected a plea by Mr. Jegede seeking to be allowed to appeal the October 14 court judgement.

INEC has said it would have no choice but to drop Mr. Ibrahim if another superior order comes in favour of Mr. Jegede.

INEC and the PDP have gone on appeal at the Court of Appeal and the matter is to be heard today.

http://africanfreepress.com/ondo-how-buhari-and-niece-amina-zakari-ensured-eyitayo-jegedes-name-vanished-from-inecs-final-list-read/#.WBM5RnNwZAg
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lalasticlala,i think its necessary that everybody sees how this administration is striffling and killing the democratic institution that brought them to power.

I still state that the most myopic statement i heard in 2015 was the one people made when they said 'we will vote out jonathan and pdp,if buhari does mot perform,we will vote him out in 2019. I kept shouting that everybody is not Jonathan who will allow you a free and fair election that can vote him out.
At this point,it has become clear that it is only God that can remove buhari and his family by natural causes.

5 Likes

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Pavarottii(m): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
[size=15pt]R.I.P
Rule of Law. [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Marpol: 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:
Lalasticlala,i think its necessary that everybody sees how this administration is striffling and killing the democratic institution that brought them to power.

I still state that the most myopic statement i heard in 2015 was the one people made when they said 'we will vote out jonathan and pdp,if buhari does mot perform,we will vote him out in 2019. I kept shouting that everybody is not Jonathan who will allow you a free and fair election that can vote him out.
At this point,it has become clear that it is only God that can remove buhari and his family by natural causes.

An Abuja high court ruled that Jimoh is the PDP candidate, Eiyitayo went to another high court to get a restraining order? He should have gone to appeal. Wetin concern APC for this matter?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Samunique(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bye bye to democracy in Nigeria - Buhari May 29' 2016.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
Those protesting are mad. JIMOH IBRAHIM WILL FLY PDP'S FLAG N LOST TO AKEREDOLU

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by ificatchmodeh: 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
...and Mimiko rushed to villa to see Bubu. undecided

Bubu said.." I will look into the matter" grin

Buhari don turn Maradona...

RIP to our Democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
Marpol:

An Abuja high court ruled that Jimoh is the PDP candidate, Eiyitayo went to another high court to get a restraining order? He should have gone to appeal. Wetin concern APC for this matter?
I expected your counter.
You dont get listed in inec list by court rulings. There are laid down procedure and guideline for being recognised by inec as a party's authentic candidate. Now,go back and read the legal dept's rulings slowly. Jegede met all of it and Jimoh met none and yet despite having fulfilled all legally accepted pricedure,he got substituted by an illegality.
Also,by law,the primaries took place in ondo,why did amina zakari chose the ruling of the abuja high court to over ride that of ondo where the jurisdiction is.
And since zakari wants to 'follow court rulings',there is a subsisting court ruling that had earlier declared the sherriff led faction as illegal and hence any of its activities as null and void ab-initio. Why didnt she and her corrupt inec obey that.
Since the corrupt amina zakari and her uncle all of a sudden want to obey court rulings,yesterday,pdp got an injuction restraining her and her corrupted inec from substituting the name of jegede that had been on their list all the while. Why didnt she obey that.

I hate when adults will see the truth and place it upside down because of petty sentiments and party leanings. A true man should be able to stand for the truth,no matter the parties involved.
Very disappointed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Marpol: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

I expected your counter.
You dont get listed in inec list by court rulings. There are laid down procedure and guideline for being recognised by inec as a party's authentic candidate. Now,go back and read the legal dept's rulings slowly. Jegede met all of it and Jimoh met none and yet despite having fulfilled all legally accepted pricedure,he got substituted by an illegality.
Also,by law,the primaries took place in ondo,why did amina zakari chose the ruling of the abuja high court to over ride that of ondo where the jurisdiction is.
And since zakari wants to 'follow court rulings',there is a subsisting court ruling that had earlier declared the sherriff led faction as illegal and hence any of its activities as null and void ab-initio. Why didnt she and her corrupt inec obey that.
Since the corrupt amina zakari and her uncle all of a sudden want to obey court rulings,yesterday,pdp got an injuction restraining her and her corrupted inec from substituting the name of jegede that had been on their list all the while. Why didnt she obey that.

I hate when adults will see the truth and place it upside down because of petty sentiments and party leanings. A true man should be able to stand for the truth,no matter the parties involved.
Very disappointed

And I ask you why can't PDP get their acts together? They produced 2 candidates for Edo election, now same thing for Ondo elections. How is that APC fault?

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
Marpol:

And I ask you why can't PDP get their acts together? They produced 2 candidates for Edo election, now same thing for Ondo elections. How is that APC fault?
They have but there is a certain 'okon abang' whose job it is to always give life to a dead illegality.
And that abang is the 'voice of jacob but hand of esau'. He is the hatchet man doing the apc's bidding. If not,why would this jimoh ibrahim sudden enlisting be hatched in aso rock.
If you think its coincidence,then you are a learner

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Marpol: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

They have but there is a certain 'okon abang' whose job it is to always give life to a dead illegality.
And that abang is the 'voice of jacob but hand of esau'. He is the hatchet man doing the apc's bidding. If not,why would this jimoh ibrahim sudden enlisting be hatched in aso rock.
If you think its coincidence,then you are a learner

You are running away from my question. Why can't PDP get their act together? Is that APC fault too? Or are there no more elders in PDP?

1 Like

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Marpol:

You are running away from my question. Why can't PDP get their act together? Is that APC fault too? Or are there no more elders in PDP?
In every association,there are bound to be internal wranglings. Its normal. But when it persist despite every truce and discussions,just know that an external force(usually an enemy or opponent) is involved.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Marpol: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

In every association,there are bound to be internal wranglings. Its normal. But when it persist despite every truce and discussions,just know that an external force(usually an enemy or opponent) is involved.

And that enemy is APC? Not APGA?
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Marpol:

And that enemy is APC? Not APGA?

The enemy is a party that must have access to the federal might like the high court judge(to pronounce illegality)the police(to quickly act pro-actively to enforce an illegality despite all other legal pronouncements),the inec(to corrupt the democratic process) etc.
And you and i know the party with that. Stop dancing around the truth and face it

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by walex2(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Before comment, read the source of the news. Lol
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by AllTheWayUp: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
[size=13pt][b]Amina Bala Zakari again? embarassed embarassed angry angry embarassed embarassed angry sad sad

Amina Bala Zakari is a threat to Democracy

Amina Bala Zakari is Buhari's Niece acting the script of the Aso Rock Cabal in preparation of Buhari's 2019 presidential ambition.

She is more powerful than the INEC Chairman

Governor Wike has repeatedly raised alarm over Amina Bala Zakari negative and undue interference in Nigeria democratic process

Amina Bala Zakari is behind every inconclusive elections in Rivers State, Bayelsa State.

Amina Bala Zakari was behind the fake and contradictory results announced in the Edo Election which made Edo State APC has locked up and absconded from their party secretariat in benin city in order to evade being served with the Tribunal petition.

Amina Bala Zakari is the de facto Chairman of INEC

The current INEC Chairman Professor Mahmoud Yakubu is just a mere figure head and a ceremonial Chairman.

Ondo people should shine their eyes and be vigilant, INEC under the auspices of Amina Bala Zakari has already prepared fake results declaring Rotimi Akeredolu of APC as Governor elect of Ondo State.

Amino Bala Zakari is the de facto INEC Chairman [/b][/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by richidinho(m): 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
The way things are going now i doubt if there will be an election in 2019, we almost got it right in 2015 instead of Buhari to consolidate on the achievements rather he is dismantling everything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by gebest: 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
lies, court judgement is supereme
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by gebest: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Marpol:

my brother, i tire o
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by gebest: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Those protesting are mad. JIMOH IBRAHIM WILL FLY PDP'S FLAG N LOST TO AKEREDOLU
PERIOD
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by agabusta: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

I expected your counter.

Very disappointed

Which legal department? You guys formed a press release from your rooms and you are calling it INEC legal department memo.

Why not post the memo itself if indeed the person that wrote that trash had access to it.

Post the memo itself for validity. Otherwise, all these are speculations and fictional conjectures.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by eyeview: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
agabusta:

Which legal department? You guys formed a press release from your rooms and you are calling it INEC legal department memo.

Why not post the memo itself if indeed the person that wrote that trash had access to it.

Post the memo itself for validity. Otherwise, all these are speculations and fictional conjectures.

You seem learned so please answer this simple question. I believe you have a good knowledge of the required guidelines by inec(primaries witnessed by inec,must take place within the state,returned by the party's NEC etc). Please, tell us if Jimoh Ibrahim met any of the stipulated guidelines that warrants he being recognised by inec.
What is simple is simple. When people like you start trying to make it complicated,it shows that you have turned a blind eye to the truth
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Keballl: 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

You seem learned so please answer this simple question. I believe you have a good knowledge of the required guidelines by inec(primaries witnessed by inec,must take place within the state,returned by the party's NEC etc). Please, tell us if Jimoh Ibrahim met any of the stipulated guidelines that warrants he being recognised by inec.
What is simple is simple. When people like you start trying to make it complicated,it shows that you have turned a blind eye to the truth

He knows the truth, but he is just been mischievous and pained to know Justice Abang and gang will be shamed.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by agabusta: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

I already posted this on the other thread.

Is INEC not bound to obey a consequential order of a competent court of law??

There is actually no big deal here, all they have to do is to go to a higher court to prove their case. If a higher court rules in their favour, INEC will also follow that ruling.

If the case proceeds to Supreme court and they also give their ruling, INEC will also simply obey that ruling. INEC is a 'zombie' to a competent court judgment.

Justice Okon Abang has always been ruling in favour of Sherrif faction since the beginning of these their wahala.

What I don't understand is why they have not gone to a higher court to vacate any of those his rulings all these while.

Justice Okon Abang cannot rule against himself. Any case brought to him as regards PDP faction wahala, he will always rule in favour of Sheriff to maintain consistency in his judgements as he has earlier done.

It's only a higher court that can rule against him and as such compel him to rule in like manner in similar cases

It as simple as I expressed above. INEC is simply obeying a court order. If Appeal court rules tomorrow affirming Jegede, INEC will replace Jimoh Ibrahim's name.

It is only a court that can decide if Ibrahim was not validly selected as a candidate.

In the absence of any other superior court judgment, INEC will obey the subsisting judgement.

The implication of Justice Okon Abang's judgement is simply that INEC was wrong not to witness the primary where Ibrahim emerged.

That in itself may not nullify the process except if a competent court judgment rules thereof.

Let them appeal the Judgment of Okon Abang speedily and also ask the appeal court for accelerated hearing. You can ask for accelerated hearing on high profile cases.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by agabusta: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
Keballl:

He knows the truth, but he is just been mischievous and pained to know Justice Abang and gang will be shamed.

You are the one who seems pained. Why bringing sentiments into a purely legal issue.

It's not today that Appeal court has been overturning the judgement of a High court. It's not a big deal.

Supreme court also regularly overturns the judgements of the Appeal court. It's not new.

Instead of whining and making noise online, you guys should go and appeal that judgement. It's as simple as that. Eyitayo Jegede is a SAN, he should know this.

I just don't understand why they always go to another high court to counter Okon Abang's judgement instead of going to the appeal court.

Everybody, every layman knows a high court cannot counter the judgement of another high court.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Keballl: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
agabusta:

You are the one who seems pained. Why bringing sentiments into a purely legal issue.

It's not today that Appeal court has been overturning the judgement of a High court. It's not a big deal.

Supreme court also regularly overturns the judgements of the Appeal court. It's not new.

Instead of whining and making noise online, you guys should go and appeal that judgement. It's as simple as that. Eyitayo Jegede is a SAN, he should know this.

I just don't understand why they always go to another high court to counter Okon Abang's judgement instead of going to the appeal court.

Everybody, every layman knows a high court cannot counter the judgement of another high court.

What's with this silly post of yours. You are obviously too ignorant not know the Appeal Court is listening to the case now.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by agabusta: 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
Keballl:

What's with this silly post of yours. You are obviously too ignorant not know the Appeal Court is listening to the case now.

So appeal court is siting and you guys are wailing up and down. Oga sit your ass down and await the ruling of the appeal court.

Stop littering the cyberspace with wailings.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Johnnyessence(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Chikwado1991:
They the PDP really scared me this morning with there riot
bro pls do not be scared ooooooooooooooo that is how pdp operate.they are violence and bood sucking party.it is d masses that don't allow them to rule.d masses reject them in the polls.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Keballl: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
agabusta:

So appeal court is siting and you guys are wailing up and down. Oga sit your ass down and await the ruling of the appeal court.

Stop littering the cyberspace with wailings.

You came in here like a frustrated,ignorant and pained zombie frothing in the mouth.

You should shut up if you have nothing meaningful to counter the contents of thread.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by Johnnyessence(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
eyeview:

I expected your counter.

Very disappointed
zakari ahmed chose it that way cos' federal high court judgement is superior than state high court judgement.
Re: Ondo: INEC Legal Dept recommended Eyitayo Jegede but Amina Zakari said No by pedrilo: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
APC should enjoy, it's their time! But nothing last forever, not even power.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court 4 The Continuation Of His Trial(pics) / *CONTROVERSY* As GEJ Home Get Invaded After Obasanjo Visit!! / Sylvia Ekweremadu, Daughter Of Deputy Senate President Bikini Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.