Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

$1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim (10276 Views)

Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV / Malabu Oil Deal: Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bribe Allegation / EFCC Clears Danladi Umar Of N10m Bribe Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by jchima14: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2016

Following the bribery allegation raised by the Ondo State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governorship candidate, Jimoh Ibrahim, against officials of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Segun Agbaje, has threatened to sue Ibrahim for defamation.

Ibrahim had recently alleged that an official of the nation’s electoral umpire demanded a $1m dollar bribe from him to accept some court documents.

Ibrahim also accused the REC of proposing a meeting with him in London to discuss the Ondo election.

Speaking on Thursday in Akure, the state REC said he was set to file a court case against lbrahim for assassinating his character.

Agbaje said, “I intend to sue him (Ibrahim ) for defamation but when our national headquarters has a step in that direction, I stepped down my action. INEC will not do anything that will reduce the credibility it has built through the years.”

The REC assured the state of a free and fair election, adding that he would not be deterred by Ibrahim’s allegation against him.

He warned that those alleged to be cloning Permanent Voter Cards, PVCs, if caught will be severely punished.

“We hear people are cloning cards to cheat during the election. Cloned cards will not work. The card reader will detect the cloned cards.

“Protect your cards, don’t sell them, it is a criminal offence. There will be enough card readers so that if any malfunctions, it will be immediately replaced,” he said.

It would be recalled that INEC yesterday replaced Eyitayo Jegede with Ibrahim as the PDP candidate in the state governorship election scheduled for November 26.

Source: http://nigeriabreakingnews.com.ng/1m-bribe-allegation-ondo-rec-threatens-to-sue-jimoh-ibrahim/
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by yeyeboi(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ok
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by galarbagalapazy(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2016
noted
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by galarbagalapazy(m): 9:01am On Oct 29, 2016
thevguy above is suffering from political ressertion
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by Bantino(m): 9:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Wonders (bribe allegations) shall never end in Nigeria

Meanwhile...

10 Likes

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by EnEnPeecee: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2016
Na wao

The allegation might be true based on the sudden removal of Jegede from the ballot by INEC.
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by MrSmith007: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2016
All this money yu people are calling... dariss Godu oo!
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by BjDreamchaser(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2016
N
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by African101(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2016
UK n Us can never wish Nigeria well cos i always wonder y every negotiations that against Nigeria Constitution happens in those countries.

1 Like

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by FagsamPHP(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2016
k
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by seunlayi(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2016
Nigeria ought to be a prison

3 Likes

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 29, 2016
Deadi body get accident, Yepa! Confusion breaki Boni, Yepa! Double Wahala for deadi body, I'm the owner of deadi body....
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by yedidiah(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2016
....or could his allegations be part of the reason why INEC chose to respect justice okon Abang's ruling in Ondo after failing to honour the same in Edo and PDP convention in Port Harcourt?
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by seunlayi(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2016
Even on pmb pre election charges on certificate and false affidavit, i doubt if money - - - - - was not involved.

1 Like

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by vickylincon(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2016
Mtchew, now we know those behind political violence. Imagine, real election haven't started o.. They've started violence.. What if the party now lose.. They will raze down the whole state saying the election is rigged. Bunch of clueless clowns

1 Like

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by Starships4u(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2016
only in 9ja.... but i'm surprissed america is really following suit....... all hail 9ja
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by Dinobi77: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2016
I hope all these drama prio to this Ondo election re not ploy to disqualify all pdp canditates from standing for the election. If it happens, it wil be left for only apc (Oke n Akeredolu).
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by BrutalJab: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2016
Jimoh shouldn't waste his money o.

He can't win his local government self...
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by skywalker001(m): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2016
All i see is dat APC is helping AD(Oke) to win dis election by causing chaos in PDP camp. If Eyitayo wil not b contesting then Ondo central votes wil b going to AD(Oke). And combining the Ondo south votes with central, that means AD(Oke) is already a winner

1 Like

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by muderkid(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2016
This is a PDP problem...wondering why the poster above me is trying to drag APC into this mess

1 Like

Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by simeonlakes: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
GOOD
Re: $1m Bribe Allegation: Ondo REC Threatens To Sue Jimoh Ibrahim by awayeyebundle: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim shall won the election come Nov.2016 either u like it or not....stupid people thinking only the central is born to governor the state at all cause....JIMOH IBRAHIM WINNING UP PDP!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NLC Mobilises For Protests Against Fuel Price Hike On Jan. 27th, Feb. 1st / A Lawyer's Explanation Of The Freedom Of Information Act 2011 / Court To Hear Fg’s Application To Detain Sowore For 20 More Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.