Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? (783 Views)

Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing / President Buhari Speaks on Biafra: ''What Do Igbos Want?'' / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 4:37am On Oct 27, 2009
If not why not?
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 27, 2009
yes they do.

especially the ones in the remote villages with over half a million people.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 4:44am On Oct 27, 2009
Show us the proof? Or did you mean to write that the land Igbos bought with their money and build shops on, or shops they were forced to pay for for 3 years are being taken away and demolished as Fasola is doing?
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

Show us the proof? Or did you mean to write that the land Igbos bought with their money and build shops on, or shops they were forced to pay for for 3 years are being taken away and demolished as Fasola is doing?

1. Enugu doesnt comprise the whole of Igboland so readjust your post and thread title accordingly.

2. Go and make sure these "Enugu" Yorubas arent actually Igbos, then get back to me.

3. Am I the one involved here -ie am I in Enugu.

thank you.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 4:47am On Oct 27, 2009
You are just a serpent.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

You are just a serpent.

and you are a snake.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 4:48am On Oct 27, 2009
Are those Yoruba in Onitsha also not Yoruba?
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

Are those Yoruba in Onitsha also not Yoruba?

go and ask them
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by No2Atheism(m): 4:59am On Oct 27, 2009
@tpia

let it go , it's not worth it . . . . there is nothing more painful to people than wen u actually actively ignore them (even wen ur whole body is iching to speak back)
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 27, 2009
No2Atheism:

@tpia

let it go , it's not worth it . . . . there is nothing more painful to people than wen u actually actively ignore them (even wen your whole body is iching to speak back)

let him continue getting itchy over the matter oh.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by ezeagu(m): 5:05am On Oct 27, 2009
undecided Yoruba bail out. grin
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by sjeezy8: 5:17am On Oct 27, 2009
they sure received free education
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 5:21am On Oct 27, 2009
Which free education?

Would yo stick to the topic??

In any case, there is free primary and secondary education in Abia since the time of Orji Kalu, and that benefitted everyone, including the Yoruba living there
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 27, 2009
in fact, what is nchara saying?

trips/pilgrimages to both Mecca and Jerusalem are subsidized by the federal govt.

I'm not aware of any tribal distinctions- correct me if I'm wrong.

In fact, if you're Igbo and want to make the trip to Mecca as a Muslim, even here on Nairaland plenty of people will sponsor you, talkless elsewhere.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 5:32am On Oct 27, 2009
TPIA,

When did Enugu become the FGN to be giving money to muslims for Hajj?
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

TPIA,

When did Enugu become the FGN to be giving money to muslims for Hajj?

The FGN is supposed to disburse the money to interested states maybe.

I dont know the logistics.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 6:01am On Oct 27, 2009
So are you saying that Enugu state took FGN money meant for Hajj and refused to use it for that purpose? Is that what the article says?
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by AloyEmeka6: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

The FGN is supposed to disburse the money to interested states maybe.

I dont know the logistics.

There is no constitution in Nigeria where FG allocates money for pilgrimage and hajj . FG did help through different organizations that plan pilgrimages by making sure they get visa easily but not paying for the trip. Poor man no de go pilgrimage and if you don't have money, stay home and continue with your okada business.

No southern state funds pilgrimage either. This Enugu issue could be that the govt pays a percentage of the trip or something. Muslims for some reason use Enugu state as their eastern vatican city and I don't know why. May be they are having some influence over the state because I know that a story like this in Imo state will sound ridiculous. Give me money for hajj; give me money for to marry 3rd wife; give me money to carry ashewo; in a country where over 60% live in poverty. Nonsense.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by udezue(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2009
Well Sullivan Chime aint playing stupid games with em or trying to please em so the days of Enugu being vatican for muslims is over. Go and leech elsewhere outside the East.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by pcicero(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
touche
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

So are you saying that Enugu state took FGN money meant for Hajj and refused to use it for that purpose? Is that what the article says?

that's certainly what you are saying.
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nchara: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
Tpia,

Why is the Yoruba community in Enugu asking for Hajj money from a state govt instead of from the FGN?
Re: Do Igbos In Yorubaland Receive Free Land And Free Religious Trips To Israel? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nchara:

Tpia,

Why is the Yoruba community in Enugu asking for Hajj money from a state govt instead of from the FGN?

jeez- how and why am I expected to know?

am I the one asking?

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua Should Hand Over To Vp Now – Akunyili Tells Fec / N6 Billion Set Aside To Stop Jonathan / Jonathan Seeks Support To Fight Almajiri Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.