Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! (643 Views)

15 Chinese Doctor Still In Nigeria-minister Of Interior / We Can Make 100-year-old Woman Pregnant — Nigerian Fertility Expert / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by Iyomomoreloaded: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2016
Did you hear the one about the 100-year-old gynecologist? Dr. Walter Watson of Augusta, Georgia still sees a few patients every day. Then, he drives himself down the block to University Hospital where he still serves as chairman of his department.

In recent years, Dr. Watson has delegated most of his duties to other doctors, which is good, because I followed him around the hospital for an hour and never saw him directing much of anything.

The staff clearly loves him, and he loves them. But it's the patients who seem to most appreciate Dr. Watson and his tireless, unending devotion to medicine. Between 1944, when Dr. Watson delivered his first baby, and 1995 when he stopped doing obstetrics, Dr. Watson ushered in a small army of satisfied customers.

Today, they're known simply as the "Watson babies." They range in age from 15 to 66 and their ranks are innumerable.

So how many babies has Dr. Watson delivered?

"Somewhere between 15,000 and 18,000," Dr. Watson said.

That's nearly 10 percent of the entire Augusta population. Many families have 3 generations of Watson babies.
"We went to a basketball game one night and he looked at the program and said, 'I delivered every one of these kids,'" said his wife Audrey.

Audrey says her husband delivered so many babies he rarely saw his own family of five. But Audrey says Walter told her when they got married she'd always be third in his life - behind God and his patients.

Dr. Watson plans on being around for a little while longer. He's even started taking new patients - three in the past couple of months

3 Likes

Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 29, 2016
That's really old mehn!!

Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2016
he wld b soaked in experience n for a field like medicine,dats wat matters d most
Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by thorpido(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2016
He should stay home and rest but on a second thought that might kill him quickly.

Telling a wife you will be third in my life.......hmmm.I don't think mamy women will like that.
Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2016
thorpido:
He should stay home and rest but on a second thought that might kill him quickly.

Telling a wife you will be third in my life.......hmmm.I don't think mamy women will like that.
he told her before hand.. It's her choice to make
Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2016
This is wat I call grace in abundance...
Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by GdexFolami(m): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Nothing to say than he loves hz salary ni.
Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2016
GdexFolami:
Nothing to say than he loves hz salary ni.
ask urself,Wetin dis kind old man wan use moni do again

1 Like

Re: 100 Year Old Doctor Still In Practice! by GdexFolami(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
ask urself,Wetin dis kind old man wan use moni do again
see u,na that one mke u no tok.lot of things

(1) (Reply)

Free Medical Outreach At IDP Camp Apo Sunshine Estate. / Miral Pharmaceuticals Unveils Plan To Stop Malaria / What Is Hemorrhoids/ "Pile"/ "Jedi Jedi"; What To Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.