Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri (411 Views)

Bomber Hits Maiduguri On New Year's Eve-punch / Twin Bomb Blast Hit Adamawa Market / Bomb Blast Hits Onitsha, Anambra State [Updated] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri by Pseudonymous: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2016
A twin bomb blast which rocked Maiduguri, Borno state, early this morning has killed at least six people according to witnesses.

The first blast was said to have went off at about 7a.m. at a coffee drinking spot near the Bakassi IDP camp, along the popular Maiduguri-Biu road. A resident of the area, Yunus Musa said:

“Six persons were reportedly killed in the blast and have been evacuated to the hospital,”

Shortly after that, at about 7.35a.m., another blast went off in a tricycle near the NNPC fuel depot along Damboa Road, killing a woman and the rider. It was not clear who the bomber was between the woman and the tricycle driver.

An official of the Civilian-JTF, Alhaji DanBatta, who also confirmed the two incidents, told PREMIUM TIMES that the first blast came from suicide bombers who were trying to invade Bakassi IDP camp, one of the largest displaced persons amp in Maiduguri.

“We have another sad day today, but we thank God the worst did not happen; because the suicide bombers actually wanted to enter Bakassi camp, and that could have been really bad,” Mr. DanBatta said.

“There was another one just opposite the NNPC Depot along Damboa Road. But I cannot give you the details of the casualties recorded immediately because we are presently conveying the victims to the hospital. I will get back to you when the doctors confirm their conditions,” he
said.

The city has not witnessed bomb attacks for months, and the twin blasts have created panic amongst residents who had started to let go of their fears of terrorist attacks, a
PREMIUM TIMES correspondent in the city said.

http://coldgist..com.ng/2016/10/6-killed-as-twin-bomb-blast-hits_29.html?m=1

Re: 6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri by zakim(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: 6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri by sarrki(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2016
God punish bokoharam

Punish all their supporters

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri by Dotwillis1(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2016
Even with no bomb I no say I go blow!
Checkout ma signature
Re: 6 Killed As Twin Bomb-blast Hits Maiduguri by Mynd44: 9:46am On Oct 29, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video: Oil Led Us Into Recession, Oil Will Take Us Out – Presidency / Igbos Are Bad In Politics.ex Abia Governor, Kalu / Jonathan: “no Nigerian Was Sent To Prison For What They Said Or Wrote Under My W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.