Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,394 members, 7,864,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Is It Scriptural For The Husband To Give His Wife Offering Money To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Scriptural For The Husband To Give His Wife Offering Money To Church? (427 Views)

Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be / Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos) / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Scriptural For The Husband To Give His Wife Offering Money To Church? by wunmi590(m): 11:49am On Oct 29, 2016
Good day house,

Though I have this in mind, but it always skip my mind to bring it up here.

When I was young I discovered that my dad used to give mum offering money to church, despite the fact that mum is working, not that mum go and ask dad and forcefully demand for the offering money.

Though he also give we the children our offering money constantly, even during week day "Mass" we are Catholic.

So I called dad and ask him why he has been giving mum money, despite the fact that mum is working and can pay offering herself, so he said, not scriptural, but just take it as his own responsibility as the head of the family.

He also said if I watch closely, I will discover she pay tithe from her own purse.

The main reason I bring this up is just to be more enlightened about the whole issue, because I have also been taking my dad steps, whenever my fiance come over to use a week and we go to church together, I give her offering money.

Your idea and contribution will help alot, and if I can get scriptural fact, I would be glad.

cc: Seun, lalasticlala, farano
Re: Is It Scriptural For The Husband To Give His Wife Offering Money To Church? by Greatzeus(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
We really need to grab the essence of marriage. When married,you and your spouse are One.Give your partner anything you can give yourself.
The bible says he that loves his wife loves himself.
Speaking generally, not just limited to this post.
Re: Is It Scriptural For The Husband To Give His Wife Offering Money To Church? by wunmi590(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Greatzeus:
We really need to grab the essence of marriage. When married,you and your spouse are One.Give your partner anything you can give yourself.
The bible says he that loves his wife loves himself.
Speaking generally, not just limited to this post.

Yes you are right with your write up, but i still need to be convince with scriptural evidence.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Pay Your Vows Instalmentally? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(wed. 16/11/2016) / Reasons Why Aliko Dangote Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019 (part One)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.