Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (100514 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 07, 2017
I will post it later because I left my Nikon camera at home. I will take more pictures later when I reach home.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2017
Told you they're EXTREMELY susceptible to Cocci. Others than that, they're great birds.
EMMAACHILE:
Compared to broilers, you have a difference here
1. It takes longer to raise noilers and more consumption to reach some weight as broilers

2. The meat is far tastier than broilers but more bony.

3. Some of the cocks are above 3kg at 14 weeks

4. Average expected weight at 14 weeks from my observation is 2.6-3kg

5. For personal consumption, noilers are still good to raise

6. The nemesis for noilers is coccidiosis because as at today, still seeing brown poo which is disgusting. My calendar popped up this morning alerting me of anti cocci treatment. But I decided to go organic since I may want to slaughter for my freezer during the week. I may not want to wait for the 14 days withdrawal period.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
I will post it later because I left my Nikon camera at home. I will take more pictures later when I reach home.

Ok
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 07, 2017
Turks:
Told you they're EXTREMELY susceptible to Cocci. Others than that, they're great birds.
Yes. Studying the use of bitter leaf some far have proved effective. All the brown poos have disappeared after three days of squeezing bitter leaf in 15 litters of water per day.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
Turks:

Yes they are. But i wish male and female could be sold separately. I would just buy only the male.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
Great job.
EMMAACHILE:

Yes. Studying the use of bitter leaf some far have proved effective. All the brown poos have disappeared after three days of squeezing bitter leaf in 15 litters of water per day.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
LOL. AMO won't do that; that'd be huge loss for them cos folks would abandon the females.
kayo80:

Yes they are. But i wish male and female could be sold separately. I would just buy only the male.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

There is. The wing web type, I think for birds that will stay up to 2 years.
I know there is a vaccine for fowl pox but I have not seen it in Lokoja.

I heard scent leaf cures it effectively. I also used raw Palm Oil And it cleared the skin pores under three days. My wife also put Palm oil drops in their drinking water to take care of wet fowl pox and so far looks very efficient as their slight cough stopped immediately.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
Turks:
LOL. AMO won't do that; that'd be huge loss for them cos folks would abandon the females.
But I have some female chicken looking very heavy oh like cocks.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
Of course. The birds are meant for meat purposes, nothing more. Their egg laying capabilities is just a plus.
EMMAACHILE:

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
Turks:

Yea, I guess so. And I guess I have to abandon Noilers for now. I will have to go with what I have dreaded all these years... Rearing Broilers.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I still want to see pics of them on a scale . From my own personal experience, average mature female Noiler of about 13+ weighs 1.8-2.2kg and the male weigh between 2.2-2.8kg. Anyone that disputes my claims should post evidence of them weighing otherwise. As much as I love Noilers, they ain't the way to go if you want to go commercial. People will price your female chickens as if they are pricing old layers... 1k3...not knowing how much you have spent raising them. No matter how much you get to sell the males, it can't make up for the shortcomings from the female side.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I know there is a vaccine for fowl pox but I have not seen it in Lokoja.

I heard scent leaf cures it effectively. I also used raw Palm Oil And it cleared the skin pores under three days. My wife also put Palm oil drops in their drinking water to take care of wet fowl pox and so far looks very efficient as their slight cough stopped immediately.

My birds haven't contacted it, I just want to vaccinate against it.

The reason why I am asking if it is sold in Lokoja is because here , they say they sell 1000 dose, and it is sold for #4000. In this recession fa! That's why I am looking for where I could purchase for even 200 doses.

My birds are 12 weeks and 4 days today. And it is advisable to vaccinate them 4 weeks prior to when they start laying, I don't want to take chances by not vaccinating them.

And alsoI noticed some are losing weight, maybe it is the feed that caused it, I don't know. There is what Igala called '' kpebuu''. The feed '' kpebuu'' and there is lice inside.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
LOL. Broilers are very easy to raise. Why you dreading them though?
kayo80:

Yea, I guess so. And I guess I have to abandon Noilers for now. I will have to go with what I have dreaded all these years... Rearing Broilers.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
I
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
Turks:
LOL. Broilers are very easy to raise. Why you dreading them though?

I keep reading about them dying. I never have those kinds of experiences with Cockerels or Noilers. I raised 102 Noilers for the first time, and I lost just 2...and that was due to my own carelessness.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
Try your hands on them. Follow the management practice of Noilers and you won't go wrong.
kayo80:

I keep reading about them dying. I never have those kinds of experiences with Cockerels or Noilers. I raised 102 Noilers for the first time, and I lost just 2...and that was due to my own carelessness.

3 Likes

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2017
Turks:
Try your hands on them. Follow the management practice of Noilers and you won't go wrong.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kripen(m): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
Pls house whitish watery poo is a sign of what. And if am to go about it what do I do. The birds are broilers
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
kripen:
Pls house whitish watery poo is a sign of what. And if am to go about it what do I do. The birds are broilers
Just look for any antibiotics for them.
Combine Est mix with Embazin forte
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
Will update the thread with pictures of weight of some cocks and female chicken tomorrow.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Will update the thread with pictures of weight of some cocks and female chicken tomorrow.

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
more

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
last two are female hen

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
Day 104
You can see the cocks are more active and very hard to remain on the scale and will jump at the slightest chance.

So far out of 51 noilers
2 lost
9 cocks in the pot/freezer
40 noilers remaining

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kentochi(m): 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 95
Looking to raise Zartech Cobb 700 broiler to 9 weeks or RTO Marshall broilers to 10 weeks.
I chose them before of their weight at those ages and their resistance to heat over Arbor Acres.

Looking at end of February 2017 for stocking when the end of my noiler project will be completed.
I will be creating a thread for it.

I hope to get the weights of my noilers this week with snapshots. Stay tuned.
thanks bro for creating this thread it motivate me to start poultry with 51 Zartech Cobb 700 broiler out of which i lost 1 bird remaining 50 birds they will complete 1 week by tomorrow Friday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Winniewatch22(f): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Goodevening House,

Pls I want to start a poultry farm (Chicken) with as low as 30k, how do I go about. Am a newbie pls
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
Winniewatch22:
Goodevening House,

Pls I want to start a poultry farm (Chicken) with as low as 30k, how do I go about. Am a newbie pls
Budget for an average of 20 broilers to 8 weeks

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
kentochi:

thanks bro for creating this thread it motivate me to start poultry with 51 Zartech Cobb 700 broiler out of which i lost 1 bird remaining 50 birds they will complete 1 week by tomorrow Friday.
You are welcome. I encourage you to do this as it will be interesting to you as the farmer and your household. My own 5 and 8 year old children even knows when it's time to change their water and food now.

Mine is strictly for personal consumption though with about 15kg meat in my freezer now.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Winniewatch22(f): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Budget for an average of 20 broilers to 8 weeks

Ok. Pls are there other species apart from broilers? Can I interbreed them? what kind of feed can i give to them. Thanks
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Winniewatch22:

Ok. Pls are there other species apart from broilers? Can I interbreed them? what kind of feed can i give to them. Thanks

Cockerels =20-24 weeks
Noilers = 14-16 weeks
Broilers= 8-10 weeks

If you want to free range, your best bet is cockerels.
Feed is best on commercial feed.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
raiz01:
my noilers and cockerels ( 1 week 3 days old) no morality so far

How is your farm doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster? / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.