Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (100517 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nice one!! You're pretty observant. If I were you, would have given Vitacox. Let's see how it pans out sha. Great job boss.
EMMAACHILE:

Day 37
Danger: saw blood poo in two places. I had to locate the victim and isolate outside the pen.
I am suspecting it of contracting it from a three week old litre in my garden who was filled and used as manure for my bitter leaf and scent leaf tree.

Pictures to come later.

Treatment: I mixed prococ and keproceryl in 6 litres of water and 1.5 litres for the victim isolated outside.

I have cleared the garden and wait for it to dry before releasing the chicks outside in the evening.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
Turks:
Nice one!! You're pretty observant. If I were you, would have given Vitacox. Let's see how it pans out sha. Great job boss.
I thinking of getting est wsp mix. I have to get another antibiotics since it seems they are resistant to prococ.

I notice two others this evening slightly not too active. On my way to get either vitacox or est wsp mix
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Great job! That you know those drugs alone is enough. Those are my choice of drugs and they've never failed me. Think they've developed some sort of resistance to the prococc. You could add Vazuril to that list. But vitacox tops the chart for me followed by E.S.T Mix and then Vazuril. Well done sir.
EMMAACHILE:

I thinking of getting est wsp mix. I have to get another antibiotics since it seems they are resistant to prococ.

I notice two others this evening slightly not too active. On my way to get either vitacox or est wsp mix
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
I got the E.S.T mix this evening and administered it but there is sad news for all of us at home, we recorded our first ever loss during the rearing of a poultry.

Before I came back, the first isolated noiler this morning gave up the ghost and surprisingly it was hopping up and down this afternoon when I went out and was very lively.

The second isolated one refused taking water and food, so we force fed it with a 250ml spoon.
We went out and came back around 7pm and met it dead too.

The third isolated one actually was not very weak and the popo was actually watery normal looking faeces so we let it join others in the house.

We are still blaming ourselves as we believe the three week old litre from the pen house we used for manure in our garden actually caused their deaths.

Tomorrow morning I will update again.

After 37 days, we now have 49 noilers only out of 51 alive. It's sad news for us but also a learning experience to not ignore little mistakes like we just made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jfkenny(m): 12:37am On Dec 04, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
I got the E.S.T mix this evening and administered it but there is sad news for all of us at home, we recorded our first ever loss during the rearing of a poultry.

Before I came back, the first isolated noiler this morning gave up the ghost and surprisingly it was hopping up and down this afternoon when I went out and was very lively.

The second isolated one refused taking water and food, so we force fed it with a 250ml spoon.
We went out and came back around 7pm and met it dead too.

The third isolated one actually was not very weak and the popo was actually watery normal looking faeces so we let it join others in the house.

We are still blaming ourselves as we believe the three week old litre from the pen house we used for manure in our garden actually caused their deaths.

Tomorrow morning I will update again.

After 37 days, we now have 49 noilers only out of 51 alive. It's sad news for us but also a learning experience to not ignore little mistakes like we just made.
It is well...

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Day 38
All the noilers are back to their active self. Our hybrid grower feed mixed with roasted soybeans is finished.
I will be purchasing broiler finisher/chick mash this time. Grower will be delayed to the 7th week.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
I will be uploading pictures of the Saturday drama tomorrow. I have been busy all week.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by olaide68(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
I will be administering gumboro third week of the noilers life. It was supposed to be given today but I deliberately delayed it since its recommended after three weeks
Gunboro should be given at 10 and 18 days for 1st and 2nd doses.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 05, 2016
olaide68:
Gunboro should be given at 10 and 18 days for 1st and 2nd doses.
I know from the various vaccination schedule seen around but the company recommends it after three weeks.

Most times the second dose is only needed if the first one was not successful.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 06, 2016
Day 40
After the lessons of the death of two of noilers, I switched to a feed with medicated additives in it.

I switched to Rico Gado broiler finisher (N3100) because of the presence of medication in their broiler feeds known as coccidiostat and a growth promoter and oxidant Narasine/Nicarbazine.

Rico Gado is a product from Atiku Abubakar with headquarters in Yola.
I was told to stop all coccidiosis treatment after this week since the feed has a cure and prevention for coccidiosis.

Below is the composition of their broiler finisher
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS
Crude Protein (Min) 18.10%
Crude Fibre (Max) 3.9 %
Crude Fat (Max) 7.00%
Calcium (Min) 0.85%
Sodium (Min) 0.15 %
Available Phosphorus (Min) 0.70%
Lysine 11.3 g/kg
Methionine 4.2 g/kg
Metabolisable Energy (Min) 3155 Kcal/Kg

ADDITIVES
COCCIDIOSTAT E 772 83 mg/kg

ANTIOXIDANTS
E 321 BHT 12 ppm
Narasine/Nicarbazine

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sign of coccidiosis immediately i entered the pen last saturday.
I lost the bird that evening due to heavy loss of blood. The birds were all agile a day before

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Suspected site for coccidiosis oocyst. This is the site where we used their litter for manure for my bitter leaf and scent leaf

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Suspected site for coccidiosis oocyst. This is the site where we used their litter for manure for my bitter leaf and scent leaf

Sorry for the loss, bro.

Is scent leaf harmful to birds when they eat it? We have in the compound, very close to their pen. Whenever I open their door they always rush to eat it.

2 Likes

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jfkenny(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=IdisuleOurOwn post=51718988]

Sorry for the loss, bro.

Is scent leaf harmful to birds when they eat it? We have in the compound, very close to their pen. Whenever I open their door they always rush to eat it. [/quote
Not harmful bro, in fact it is one of the leaves used in organic farming.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jfkenny(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Sorry for the loss, bro.

Is scent leaf harmful to birds when they eat it? We have in the compound, very close to their pen. Whenever I open their door they always rush to eat it.
Not harmful bro, in fact it is one of the leaves used in organic farming.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Sorry for the loss, bro.

Not harmful. In fact it is recommended
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Day 43
I saw a little loose watery stool with little blood in liter this evening. Is it coccidiosis again?

I decided to get two more anticoccidial drugs
APA TOLTRA 2.5 S (N1,100.00)
Embazin forte (N500.00)

APA TOLTRA 2.5 S mixed at 6ml per 6 litres and Embazin mixed at 3.6ml in 6 litres solution.
This was administered this evening and hopefully when the water is finished in the morning, only the APA TOLTRA 2.5 S will be mixed at 8ml per 8 litres.

The toltrazuril solution is to administered continuously for 2 consecutive days at the rate of 1ml per 1 litre.

Why choose APA TOLTRA 2.5 S
Toltrazuril is known to kill all stages of coccidiosis and is compatible with coccidiostat in poultry feed.
Its for special treatment of Coccidiosis in poultry.
INDICATION
– Kill all phases of coccidiosis or sexual reproduction.
– Prevent coccidiosis in poultry caused by Eimeria such as:
+ Chickens, ducks: E. tenella, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. maxima, E. mitis, E. necatrix.
+Turkeys: E. adenoides, E. meleagrimitis.
+ Geese: E. anseris, E. truncata.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
I have been studying the effect of coccidiosis on poultry especially broilers and noilers.

I am learning that exposing them to free range exposes them to coccidiosis.

How to develop immunity
It is known by farmers to introduce sand in their chicken house at an early stage like a week to make the chicks develop immunity to coccidiosis. This is naturally done by the mother hen when she teaches her chicks to scratch the soil. Some farmers mimic this method by introducing sand soil into the chicken house to help the chicks develop immunity by exposing them to low level of coccidiosis.

Is this necessary?
It is necessary only if you want to introduce your broilers/noilers to free ranging.

For now, I have to make do with anticoccidiosis drugs coupled with medicated feed to get over this once and for all. If I still notice any presence of coccidiosis, then I may stop the option of free ranging.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by EMMYLACE(m): 12:46am On Dec 10, 2016
What's the price for CHI and OBASONJO?

my last purchase died too easily. Not a good breed I think, so wanna order directly to Benue and hold them to a big ransom if they mess up!

I orders 400 pieces and its taken 4 months now with maximum feeding. They got sad too and stopped eating.
Any advice as I'm lossing already. Can I know how to revive appetite in BROILERS as I have tried almost all vets and medis
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jfkenny(m): 3:59am On Dec 10, 2016
Emmylace, sorry for your loss. Don't really know what to say again since u ve used all medics. Have u used superliv, it revives the liver and improves birds appetite.. Weldone, never say never. Keep trying bro..
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 10, 2016
EMMYLACE:

my last purchase died too easily. Not a good breed I think, so wanna order directly to Benue and hold them to a big ransom if they mess up!

I orders 400 pieces and its taken 4 months now with maximum feeding. They got sad too and stopped eating.
Any advice as I'm lossing already. Can I know how to revive appetite in BROILERS as I have tried almost all vets and medis

Chi broilers cost about N130.00 today for a minimum of 50 per cartoon from http://poultryplaza.com/pheed-broilers-arbor-acres.html

It is now vaccinated against coccidiosis from day one. Request for that when ordering.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 10, 2016
EMMYLACE:

Where did you order them from? What is the exact problem?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jfkenny(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Chi broilers cost about N130.00 today for a minimum of 50 per cartoon from http://poultryplaza.com/pheed-broilers-arbor-acres.html

It is now vaccinated against coccidiosis from day one. Request for that when ordering.
So no need to buy anticocci through out their life time
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
jfkenny:

So no need to buy anticocci through out their life time
Yes of course. I will post the source if I can still find it
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kentochi(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
nice reading through this your hard work bro God bless

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
kentochi:
nice reading through this your hard work bro God bless
Thank you
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

source of info
Have your quality day old chicks (Pullets, Broiler, Breeders) from CHI FARMS Limited immunized against Coccidiosis with Immucox vaccine at the Hatchery at reduced cost and no extra stress. Immucox vaccine is the only Coccidiosis vaccine that has a unique gel delivery diluent which ensures uniform availability of Oocysts to all the birds and therefore guarantees solid immunity
https://www.facebook.com/AnimalCareNigeria/posts/948567558513314:0

and here
Immucox® Hatchery vaccination using Desvac® – Immucox gel dispersing machine has the following benefits
Reduce vaccine cost up to N1 per bird
No more labour cost for procurement, vaccinators/handlers
Exact dose/ bird – no wastage
for more enquiries call Tunde 08033583356, Rotimi 08035110283, Seydou 08102353888
https://www.facebook.com/AnimalCareNigeria/posts/952940721409331:0
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
How many weeks are your Noilers now? Please post pics.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
My 8 weeks Noilers are very healthy, compared to the 13 weeks Noilers I have. I took better care of these ones, and made sure I always kept their living environment clean. From my little experience with Noilers, what I feel they need is- a clean environment, constant supply of clean water (VERY VERY ESSENTIAL), constant feeding, a spacious living environment, a very airy living environment, and lastly, Vitamins every no and then (maybe 4 times a week). Do this, and you won't have problems with your Noilers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
kayo80:
How many weeks are your Noilers now? Please post pics.
OK.
They are 6 weeks and 2 days. I will post when I get home

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

OK.
They are 6 weeks and 2 days. I will post when I get home

Okay. Cool.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 12, 2016
Day 46
Good morning folks. Today is a public holiday and thank God for that.
I will be introducing sharp sand into my Poultry house and update the thread.

I will be updating the thread throughout the day. I will be posting pics and update on the drugs so far used and cost.
Feed update will be shown here too. Stay tuned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster? / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.