Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' (50423 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by dododawa1: 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
Our (entitled )being share among few people,theirs is GOD.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
kayo80:

At least the woman is a legitimate billionaire, and she employs hundreds of people. The people GEJ made billionaires chopped alone, and stashed their loot away in foreign banks, which doesn't benefit the Nigerian economy in anyway.
Who told u she's legitimate? How did she even begin to own an oil well, was there an auction? Or did Obj just dash out oil wells to his friends and those who he thought he owed or needed to secure his power? If that's true, which ofc it is, its corruption in and of itself. (Plus it comes off as heartlessly opportunistic, considering the largely poor state of the true "owners" of the oil)

OBJ clearly told us he made her a billionaire, has GEJ come out to say he made anyone a billionaire? Is GEJ himself a billionaire now that he's left the presidency? Did GEJ gift someone an oil well? Why counter the things you know for a fact with the things that you're pretty sure of?

And although this isn't the place for this argument, don't blame GEJ for the current lack of investors or lack of money circulating. Understand that it is a very very recent thing, 2-4 yrs ago Nigeria had a record number of people spending their money on the country to build the economy. I don't know about corrupt politicians, but I know for a fact that so many "average" Nigerians from diaspora were coming to start all kinds of businesses and that was due to the favorable business climate. I read it in newspapers, I know several of such people live, and some of my family were even among them. Nigerian has only a handful of billionaires but so many bucketsful of moderately well-to-do people.

So what I'm saying is, even if what ur saying is true, and the billionaires didn't spend; they didn't need to. The GEJ era was the beginning and (so far) end of the emergence of the African middle class and ur average Nigerian + Nigerians from diaspora were doing more than enough spending and starting of businesses to keep the economy not only healthy, but showing good signs for the future.

Dont try to rewrite history, that's what I don't like.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nuezha(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
aguiyi2:
A government policy can make a citizen a billionaire without the president knowing he has unintentionally done so.

You are a smart nigga. Obasanjo's waiver on importation made Dangote Africa's richest.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nuezha(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:
99% of so-called Yoruba billionaires made their money from Niger Delta oil. From Adenuga to Otedola to Obat to Tinubus/Oando to Alakija to Folawiyo to many more; virtually all of them from Niger Delta oil. Niger Delta people...You see why they love One Nigeria so much!

There are Niger Deltans with oil blocks, and they are billionaires so to say. But they have a common dillema: no diversification, no backyard investments, no charity. Worst of all, no cultural unity to help. I have lived there so I know them well.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by passyhansome(m): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:
99% of so-called Yoruba billionaires made their money from Niger Delta oil. From Adenuga to Otedola to Obat to Tinubus/Oando to Alakija to Folawiyo to many more; virtually all of them from Niger Delta oil. Niger Delta people...You see why they love One Nigeria so much!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by MXrep: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
tundexijim:

Chest beaters don come again. Who is protecting who from corruption. The likes of ffk, fayose, obanikoro and others that u defend are flat heads abi...
So only PDP members are corrupt?? OK, Are you not also defending Amaechi and Okorocha?? Afonjas sef

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Among the world's 1000 billionaires, i think nearly half are chinese. having lots of billionaires is a sign of prosperity of a nation though i dont know wether same apply to nigeria becos some of our own billionaire are govt thiefs and they dont invest the money in the country from where they still the money from
I think the Chinese thing is more a function of population, Chinese people make up about 1/7 of humanity. I wouldn't say that they have the worlds best economic policies
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by barcaboi(m): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:
and whys half of ur people wealth invested in Lagos and not d ND
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by tundexijim(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
MXrep:

So only PDP members are corrupt?? OK, Are you not also defending Amaechi and Okorocha?? Afonjas sef

If u have problem with Amaechi or Okorocha, approach the court with ur evidence and stop crying online...
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by bams2999(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, u time is expire go kirikiri be-careful go abeg BABA
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by chacoonder(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:
99% of so-called Yoruba billionaires made their money from Niger Delta oil. From Adenuga to Otedola to Obat to Tinubus/Oando to Alakija to FOLAWIYO to many more; virtually all of them from Niger Delta oil. Niger Delta people...You see why they love One Nigeria so much!
Folawiyo was already a millionaire before the discovery of oil in 1957 and already a billionaire before venturing into oil business in the 90s.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by fairheven: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
what you did in secret we now see in the open.. we have always known you came to power to compensate your kinsmen, and you succeeded in doing that.. that one busy talking about life savings, as in our Commonwealth gotten from Babangida

#life-savingsmyfoot
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by HAH: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
datola:

You are correct. OBJ government policies made people like Dangote, Otedola, Elumelu, Jim Ovia, etc what they are today.

Who was Dangote before the era of Obasanjo. Forget all th stories about his uncle Dantata loaned him N500k. Who N500k loan epp.

But I salute Mrs Alakija's doggedness.

They should all thank God for the free oil resource from Nigeria Delta.

Let me correct you about Dangote, yes his grand father Sanusi Dantata gave him 500k in 1978 to start business which I can bet is 500M today if not more, and Dangote was a billionaire even during Abacha regime.

Yes they all prospered further under obasanjo but the truth is Tony was a staff of all state trust bank where he got money through some crook ways to buy an almost dead bank called crystal bank -n 1997 before obasanjo government and re-branded it and named it standard trust bank and later merged with UBA
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by bigtt76(f): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
He didn't know her from *Adam* which led to her oil block streamlined. When he finally *knew* her (knew as in biblical vocabs grin) she became one of the billionaires grin I hope this is clear!

Sibrah:
You don't know her from adam but you made her billionaire . . .
What kind of contradicting talk is that?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Sibrah: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
bigtt76:
He didn't know her from *Adam* which led to her oil block streamlined. When he finally *knew* her (knew as in biblical vocabs grin) she became one of the billionaires grin I hope this is clear!

Funny n possible. . . but I doubt it happened or could av.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by redsun(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
This statement is enough to put him in jail for life. He dubiously handed the suffering people wealth and blood to his blood sucking gang members and cohorts.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
DandyWalker:

sorry, what do you derive in causing rancour and disunity? What?! I don't understand how people try to tribalise every piece of news they read. Seriously, it's disheartening .

It's not disheartening to you that Lagos seaports are the only seaports functional in Nigeria despite seaports and Riverport in Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Onne and Onitsha.
You don't think it's causing disunity, rancor and tremendous wickedness on SS and SE. Hpocrites....with zero sympathy and conscience for others as long as they are the only ones benefiting.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by SAMDOL(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:

is Obat not from Niger delta? so why include him.

King Obateru, who owns Obat petroleum is from ondo state(ugbo in ilaje area) and Ondo is a niger delta state so check ur facts!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
SAMDOL:

is Obat not from Niger delta? so why include him.

King Obateru, who owns Obat petroleum is from ondo state(ugbo in ilaje area) and Ondo is a niger delta state so check ur facts!

Lol. Afonja and tomfoolery.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by john650(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
She needs to keep her mouth shut so the current Oga for Aso Rock no take away her license.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by calcal: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
A Yoruba woman became billionaire on Igboman oil

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by kennyjam: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
make me a millonaire let me be sure and agree with u if u really made folorunsho a billionaire... thanks obj, I await ur reply .
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Usmaniaaa: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:
must display ur foolishness publicly...
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
AlwaysUltraPad:
what we're the so-called niger-deltans doing when this people came to their region to make billions from their oil , drinking "sapele water" like gej did with his 6 years in office?

Nigerdeltans are lazy people. It took this woman 15 years prospecting , south-southern airheads don't have such patience- they prefer militancy .
You call Niger Deltans lazy? Posterity would be our judge.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by heymorce: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
who dem epp
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by cococandy(f): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thank you
MadamExcellency:
Folorunsho Alakija is a Billionaire', Stella Oduah is a corrupt politician while Patience Jonathan, who opened the first community bank in Rivers State can't make money.

Kikikikiki!

Keep deceiving yourselves. Among the three women I mentioned, she is the least to become a self-made billionaire without corruption and government dash dash.

Someone said import waiver is corruption because the bulk went to Easterner but allocation of Oil Well freely isn't corruption worth probing.

Diezani Madueke (who we were told that her wages can't buy her golden ornaments) can't in any way be compared to Folorunsho Alakija (a mere tailor) in anyway in Oil business and operations, yet her oil deals are corruption while Alakija's is doggedness.

Who be mumu in this contraception called Nigeria? Why not treat everyone equally, irrespective of region and use the same rule of law for every Dike, Tope and Haruna for a mutual sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by nonaira: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:

They are parasitic leeches.
Go to any Oil company in ND, most of the workers there are them.
Also, don't forget they fraudulently dragged oil companies HQ to their region and till date, frustrated any that try to move back.

They are a bunch of greedy leeches

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by nonaira: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
AlwaysUltraPad:
what we're the so-called niger-deltans doing when this people came to their region to make billions from their oil , drinking "sapele water" like gej did with his 6 years in office?

Nigerdeltans are lazy people. It took this woman 15 years prospecting , south-southern airheads don't have such patience- they prefer militancy .

See reasons

Yet they wonder why they are seen as leeches.
What do yoruba do if not stealing from Peter to enrich himself. You are not even ashamed of una self.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
nonaira:

They are parasitic leeches.
Go to any Oil company in ND, most of the workers there are them.
Also, don't forget they fraudulently dragged oil companies HQ to their region and till date, frustrated any that try to move back.

They are a bunch of greedy leeches

Very greedy people I tell you with zero conscience and heartless. If they have heart they will be asking federal government to move some of those oil companies HQs to Niger Delta and to open up Warri, Onne, Port Harcourt and Onitsha ports for things to be equal since only Lagos ports are the only monopoly ports in Nigeria despite Onne and Port Harcourt ports having a larger square meters and closer to the atlantic ocean than both Lagos ports.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by oyemmyx72(m): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Clinton9000:
Think before u comment.. Is Obat not from Niger delta?
Is Ondo state not part of Niger delta?
Is Ilaje local govt not part of Yoruba land?
For ur information Obat is a King in Ilaje, so if u dnt ave any reasonable things to say just kip away what you know nothing about.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
oyemmyx72:
[s]Think before u comment.. Is Obat not from Niger delta?
Is Ondo state not part of Niger delta?
Is Ilaje local govt not part of Yoruba land?
For ur information Obat is a King in Ilaje, so if u dnt ave any reasonable things to say just kip away what you know nothing about.[/s]

SMH..afonja and tomfoolery!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robber Who Sleeps Beside ATM In Lagos To Rob Arrested By Police (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra, Amidst Election Saga, Received By Huge Crowd / Coas Buratai Leads Operations Against Boko Haram Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.