Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian (7840 Views)

One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell. / May GOD Keep All Our Enemy Busy Like This In June In Jesus Name / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begs Apostle Suleman: "Please Forgive My Daughter" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Gboyee4fun(m): 5:19am On Oct 30, 2016
The reason why we have to forgive our enemy as the Lord commanded.

many Christians fail to understand the enemy Christ is talking about, the royal laws is to love God and to love our neighbour as ourselves....then we need to understand who is our neighbour....Neighbours are human being like us that we meet in one way or the other in this world, maybe in our environment, or in our place of work, in schools, most importantly those that we have connection with maybe through blood or friendship, relatives, then our fellow Christians.

Then understanding who are our neighbours, then we need to understand too that everybody is unique in his or her own way. This different uniqueness causes different opinions, difference in mindset, differences in attitude. Then naturally in one way or the order, we will be offending each other as human being , then no matter the offence, we still need to live in harmony, whereas forgiveness comes in.....Jesus says in Mathew 5:43+ that:
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
:But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Now to end it, if a Christian fails to forgive his/her enemy that christian is the one hurting him/her self and he/she will be blocking many favours because of the grudges in him/her. maybe that enemy is yet to be in Christ, as long as he/or she is created in God's image, we still have to forgive without keeping any malice or hatred within our mind. If we are using our neighbours/ christian fellow attitude of last year to judge him or her this year, we are really far from the truth because everybody is growing in change just that we grow varyingly... Some grow speedily some grow slowly...but everybody is learning and growing from the pure word of God....
Then to help ourselves we need to be constantly remembering that part in our Lord's prayer that says " forgive us our wrongdoings as we forgive those that wrong us too" .

The real enemy we can not forgive as human being or better still as Christians are satan and his demons, then the wicked human being..I.e sons and daughters of perdition....but for our neighbours, we have no choice than to forgive them to live in harmony because that's what our father in Heaven wanted...

Happy Sunday. Wishing you a glorious worship in the spirit and in truth!! Shalom
https://m.facebook.com/Peteru-393760750712720/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Fantastic2m(m): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2016
Holding a grudge is only hurting oneself.
There are many health benefits of forgiveness that we may not be aware of.
I forgive because it's easier than carrying people around in your mind.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by shugacaneman: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2016
From my own view; We don't forgive, rather we forget about the situation. Once beaten twice shy, else we give the same opportunity to be offended again.

2 Likes

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2016
Trash! Don't let any xtian deceive you, don't take the gun of your enemies hands after you over powered him and still give the gun back to him, that's defying the sense nature gave to you! Because you will be at his mercy.

Give forgiveness to those who deserve it and let justice fall on those who deserve it.

www.exposingchristianity.con

Visit that website and enlighten yourselves.

#peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by lonelydora: 7:23am On Oct 30, 2016
Forgiving is simple but Forgetting is the hardest part.

If I can't Forget I don't think I can Forgive. That's me shaa.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by sakalisis(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2016
cool
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Zakamori: 7:25am On Oct 30, 2016
If you allow the Holy Spirit to work in you, it will become much easier to forgive. Forgetting and healing may be a longer process though, but with God all things are possible. When Jesus said to turn the other cheek, it wasn't literal, it simply means to give people another chance in our lives after they might have hurt us(this for me though is subject to seeing genuine repentance in them).

3 Likes

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2016
Forgiveness doesn't mean to forget. It is however very necessary to forgive

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by DickDastardly(m): 7:26am On Oct 30, 2016
I will never forgive mynd44 and maclatunji ... these guys don use ban ... grin cheesy
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by esther4real(f): 7:27am On Oct 30, 2016
It is not easy espeacially if offended by someone dear to you, but forgiveness comes from a mature mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Nwachi22(f): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2016
I forgive but I don't forget the lessons that comes with it.
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by eezeribe(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2016
OK
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Elthugnificent(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2016
Of course it is expected of us as mere human to forgive our enemies, while the host high can do whatever he wish to his; like torturing them in hell forever and ever. A great role model I must confess.
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by ajbabs(m): 7:39am On Oct 30, 2016
F
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Psyrus(m): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2016
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalms 18:2

If the Lord is your Rock & your Fortress then no devil hired or un-hired, sponsored or unsponsored can mess with you. To have sleepless nights over a statement of a witch or any demonic agent is an abuse to kingdom dignity & authority, no force in hell can decide your fate without your permission, no devil can frustrate your life without your agreement. The Lord is the stronghold of your life you cannot be swallowed, He is your strong tower & your exceeding great reward no voice can swallow your voice. You are too hot for any devil to use as breakfast or dinner, you are a kingdom representative here on earth, a voice to your generation & a blessing to your family. This morning I command the blessings of the Lord to rest upon you, I bind & cast to dry places every evil spirit sponsored to humiliate you, I release the garment of disgrace & embarrassment on every agent sent to distract you in Jesus mighty name. You are blessed & favored, covered & secured in Jesus mighty name. Good morning & welcome to another blessed day, Jesus loves you dearly. I celebrate you.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by RabbaRabbi: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2016
Demigods666:
Trash! Don't let any xtian deceive you, don't take the gun of your enemies hands after you over powered him and still give the gun back to him, that's defying the sense nature gave to you! Because you will be at his mercy.

Give forgiveness to those who deserve it and let justice fall on those who deserve it.

Visit that website and enlighten yourselves.

#peace.

it would have been better if you did not comment undecided

so what should we learn from the trssh you wrote up there? angry

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by HopeAlive14(m): 7:45am On Oct 30, 2016
Forgiveness is better than revenge.

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

To forgive is a commandment from the Lord which all believers must obey.

May God give us the grace to forgive no matter how hard it is.

3 Likes

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by datola: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2016
shugacaneman:
From my own view; We don't forgive, rather we forget about the situation. Once beaten twice shy, else we give the same opportunity to be offended again.

I think it should be the other way. How can we forget when we are not 'oponu' (the silly one who easily forgets).

We should forgive but should remember not to give room for another situation that can bring further offence.
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Goldenheart(m): 7:47am On Oct 30, 2016
I was reading the 'Satan Bible' recently... I was fascinated by what it said concerning how you should treat ur enemy.

The guy is really messed up... grin
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by onlyTheTruth(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2016
thunder fire my enemy, holy ghost fire locate my enemy and destroy dem,, these r d phrases dat comes out from d vocal cavities of d so called men of God.. apparently it s part of the prayer point of every church going christian..
they tend to forget that they r each others enemy, so wen d anonymous virtual holy ghost answers their enemies prayer n strike dem, they wil blame d innocent grandma in d village, not knowing dat d Same thing they av bn praying fa their enemies, d enemy's own av bn answerd first...
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Gkemz: 7:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Some people see forgiveness as a sign of weakness and revenge as a sign of bravery. But that's the world's point of view, not God design. We obtain mercy from God who we continually offend. If God can forgive us, why wouldn't we as human forgive fellow humans. It's hard to forgive especially when you feel hurt but its an injuction from God to live at peace with one another. Funny enough many ministers of God preaches about forgiveness but have bitterness, animosity and grudges for fellow ministers. It'd be very hard to see many christians land in hell because of robbery, kidnapping, killing, covetousness, lies and other vices but it will not be hard to see a christian land in hell because of unforgivingness as many of them cannot live peacefully with each other. We should forgive for our own sake not necessarily because they deserve to be forgiven, but to make heaven. A forgiving heart is a heart of God. It is divine to forgive and forget. His blood obtained justification for us, redeemed and purchased our salvation. All these sacrifices were offered because God loves us and doesn't want anyone to perish in hell because of unforgivingness or any other sin.

4 Likes

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2016
I think discipline in the household really has an impact in practicing forgiveness when you are much older in life all after then wire you a few beatings na you go still be the one then call to do something ...she na then grudge wan start?

Forgiveness sets you free from a mental prison that can affect your health. bitterness kills from the inside and slowly it kills your creative vibes and opportunities to even improve yourself. I have seen older generations live long happy and distinguished because they are not petty though strict they forgive. They dont aim to be hurtful and lusting after your business. If your busy watching and keeping a grudge on others you wont have time to work on you.

My test came to Forgive someone who disrespected my parents....We are very close and they really have been there for me just dey insult them anyhow it pained me seriously but I went to church and the sermon said it all

Forgive but stay away from anything and anyone that robs you of your peace...it's the first thing they go for everyday

also don't assume because they are Christians they will automatically forgive some are just Christians cause that's how they learnt English

I'd rather have the love of God in and around my life and family that to content to make money from hurting others...

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by eezeribe(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2016
people dey comment inside church
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Olasco93: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2016
Since God has forgiven me my sins, who am I not to forgive. Therefore, I forgive the following people:
Mynd44
lalasticlala
Seun
Oga Landlord
Yawo landlord
Iya Bisi
Baba Isiaka
Audu
Balogun
Adamu (oni suya)
Iya Agbo jedijedi
Jennifer (olori buruku)
Cynthia (sisi lepa)
Philip
Leonard
Olajumoke (oni biredi)
my HOD
HOD's Secretary
Campus Securities and
All my Lecturers who gave be B and C instead of A that I worked for.
I forgive you all from the depth of my Innocent heart and I pray God to forgive you all in Jesus Name, amen.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by BackToLife: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2016
Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Greatzeus(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2016
I was at a barber's shop yesterday when this guy,who I do see around, said he is hungry and I should find him something. I asked him how much he needs to eat,he say N200 is OK,I told him I don't have smaller notes only N1000 notes with me,he said no problem, he will go and eat and bring the balance,I should give him 10 minutes,so I gave him a N1000 note.
1 hour later he is not back,so I asked the barber about him,the barber said he knows the guy who is in the habit of begging and I should forget the balance.
Now I'm thinking this guy is stupid,he has blocked any possibility of me helping him next time.
I have forgiven him,but I won't give him a dime ever again

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Digriz(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2016
Forgiving your enemy is the hardest task as a human being but as a Christian, we all knw that forgiveness brings a lot of good things both spiritual and physical.
When u forgive, God wl forgive u and shower u wt his blessings when u pray, bcus that's a great sacrifice and sacrifice comes wt a reward.
The world wl be a better a place if we can un
derstand the importance of forgiving.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason We Have For Forgive Our Enemy As A Christian by Horlufemi(m): 8:32am On Oct 30, 2016
Forgive?

Tell that to an mfm member. Na die o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Apostle Suleman's Benz GL 450 Doing In Daniel Okeke's House, Lol / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.