Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,389 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! (712 Views)

Share Your Online Worship Experience Today (pictures) / MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! by DjSwaga(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
So today, out of curiosity, I went to a very different church, somewhere I have never been to before. You know this thing about getting to know how some people do things differently.

To the gist, I entered the church auditorium and I almost ran back. First, because of the small population, as I'm used to large crowd churches. They were less than 70, if u want to count. So many eyes on me. U know something about small churches, they know themselves.

Here comes, the arrival of a foreign body. I had to go meet the usher to ask a question about the next thing I noticed. Please Ma, is there a special service going on. What did I notice, d female side, which is usually the left, got women, but the right side of chairs, full of children. Had no choice, went to sit behind the children. The youth male are either in the choir, the usher standing beside me, or the pastors on the altar.

I trust myself, time for newcomer to stand up, the whole church pause, abi iyaff stand ni. Even the usher came to meet me, I said I have been here before, I'm stubborn like that. God please forgive me for that lie, I can't just imagine me being the main focus of service

Another surprising thing, the bible reading came, a woman read in english, and another one came for yoruba version reading. Now it's time for sermon, the pastor came to the pulpit, sharing life experience, telling us prayer points to say, BUT THERE WAS NO SINGLE BIBLE VERSE QUOTED, I CANT LIE. I just knew I can't come here again.

Another surprising thing, after offering, the pastor told the usher to count the offering, in front of all of us, 21st century church oo. Who does that. Our offering was 2,625 naira. The pastor said he will give the church, double of that, next week. I don't know why tho.

I made sure I danced to the praises and

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ....

The End grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! by DjSwaga(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Kindly repost Lalasticlala, ishilove fynestboi
Re: Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! by ikorodureporta: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ye, i visit churches too.....bt, beware of some 'churches'
Re: Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! by DjSwaga(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thank you *in dremo's voice* Ojere

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Happy When Some Igbo's Are Muslim / I Want To Hear What Athiests Have To Say About This / Religion: For Dancing Together, Five Girls And Family Members Of Boy Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.