Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/16 (704 Views)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(tue. 31/10/2017) Prayerlessness Disallowed. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/17 / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(mon. 31/10/2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/16 by dallyemmy: 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..

DATE : MONDAY 31st OCTOBER 2016

THEME : BE COURAGEOUS

Memorise:

Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the Lord thy God he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Deuteronomy 31:6

Read: 2nd Chronicles 32:7-8 (KJV)

7 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:

8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

Courage is a virtue that is not optional for children of God who want to fulfil destiny. Without courage, we can’t even say we are images of Living God. This is why God Almighty always emphasizes the need to be courageous in the lives of those who He wants to use for special assignments. In the memory verse for today, Moses, the servant of God, encouraged the children of Israel to be of good courage, void of fear for people. There are many reasons why we cannot afford to be afraid of people.
Proverbs 29:25 says:

“The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe.”

Anyone who wants to represent God in this world must be courageous, or else, he or she will make a mess of the divine assignment like king Saul did. When he was confronted with the half-obedience he exhibited concerning the Amalekites, he had this to say:

“… I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.”
1st Samuel 15:24

Another reason we should not be afraid of any man is that God is with us. His name is Emmanuel. He himself said “I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:20). Isaiah 43:2-3 says:

“When thou passeth through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.”

There are facts that should instil courage into us because faithful is He who has promised; He will fulfil it. In the Bible reading for today, kind Hezekiah, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, told the people to be courageous in the face of the threats of war from Sennacherib king of Assyria.

“With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.”
2nd Chronicles 32:8

Prayer Point:

Father, give me courage; don’t let me lose my ground of faith to the devil.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Malachi 1-4 and Psalms 90:7-17

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: MY FAITH HAS FOUND A PLACE

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Chorus:
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He'll never cast me out.

Chorus:

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior's Name,
Salvation through His blood.

Chorus:

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

Chorus.

2 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/16 by GodRACE(m): 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
Great One Bro. GOD will continue to lift you in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/16 by dallyemmy: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Monday, October 31st, 2016) - BE COURAGEOUS
1.Thank you Father for your unfailing love and wonderful promises, over my life.
2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, cast me not away from your presence and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
4.Father, let every spirit of fear in my life be consumed by your fire.
5.Father, give me faith big enough to ward off all the fiery darts of the devil, in Jesus' name.
6.Father, give me exceptional boldness and courage to overcome and defeat every satanic conspiracy and plot against my life and destiny.
7.Father, overwhelm me with your fear, that l may not fear the things created by you.
8.Father, surround and envelope me in your fire, where the wicked fire of the world cannot penetrate.
9.Father, take over all the battles of my life and fight for me.
10.Father, where there seems to be no way, please, make a way for me.
11.Father, don't let me loose my ground of faith, to fear, intimidation or satanic harassment.
12.Father, deliver me from the oppression and fear of man.
13.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
14.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
15.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/11/16 / Life's Most Important Choices - Jack Kelley / Popular Lagos Pastor Cruises Around In Rolls Royce Phantom (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.