Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program (2536 Views)

774,000: 4 PhD, 200 Masters Degrees Holders Apply For FG's N20k Unskilled Job / 2019 Graduate Trainee Programme At Wapic Insurance Plc / Alan & Grant Latest Graduate Trainee & Exp. Job Recruitment (20 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Eemeekaa(m): 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
Good day guys, I just need an urgent reply to this. I just got a graduate trainee employment offer. I will undergo 6 months training at N50K per month after which i'll be given an employment after they have considered some factors. Should i dump my masters prospect to which i'm already done with its application or should i take this job.
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by talk2alabama: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
Please dump your masters and go for the graduate trainee..

11 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Swizdom(m): 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
Masters won't put food on your table but experience will forever give u an edge over those with masteRs. Secondly, you can still do ur masters when u are fully on the Job.

My 2cents

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by thexzy(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Eemeekaa:
Good day guys, I just need an urgent reply to this. I just got a graduate trainee employment offer. I will undergo 6 months training at N50K per month after which i'll be given an employment after they have considered some factors. Should i dump my masters prospect to which i'm already done with its application or should i take this job.
you'd better grab the job offer. Ofcourse, of what use will it be for you to complete your Masters and still be jobless, whereas u can work and get ur masters later.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Eemeekaa(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thanks guys, I really appreciate.
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
you better grab that trainee job. the salary may not be much but the opportunities it will open for you far outweighs what you will gain from an advanced degree.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by 9jaBloke: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
Eemeekaa
Defer ur masters program and undergo the training...Get the job, apply for study leave and go do the masters... Lose it, stil do ur masters.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by MrMcJay(m): 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
I have a friend with LLM from Scotland, another from the Netherlands and a third from the UK.

They are all looking for Jobs here in Nigeria.
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Eemeekaa(m): 12:46am On Oct 31, 2016
I appreciate your comments.
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by DRIZZYMOOZE(m): 2:17am On Oct 31, 2016
This is the Best time to invest in MMM... So you can have a financially stable Christmas... Click to join :

http:///?i=mandybest

Or contact:08117735883
For detailed and accurate information and also answers to your questions
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by mayoor15(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
Oga job first, msc after 3 years, in 3years time am sure age would have caught up with you, masters wt no experience is a waste. GRAB THE JOB NOW

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by sholavictor(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
Please my Big Bros, i will advise you to forget about the master and go for the trainee because if you decided to go for master; it will be difficult for you to see that again.And with the trainee, you will get money to Start up your master any time you wish.Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by TheSCRYPT: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
I would advice you pay close attention to what other more experienced people have to say about this. Trust me, the above advice are myopic and create unfounded fears.

Your choice should be based on a lot of factors.

1. Do you have responsibilities at the moment?
2. Do you have someone willing to cater for your bills through the program?
3. How old are you?
4. What course are you going for?
5. What country are you doing it?

Before jumping at a #50k job and put yourself in a path of frustration and a cycle of never ending misery, I suggest you do a proper what if analysis with all the above questions I have generated. (You can add yours) and then come up with what you find a critically examined decision.

Do not trade your tomorrow (a feast) for a now (a crumb) because of immediate pressure.

Be wise. Put off today's gratification for tomorrow's glory.

This is my opinion and I wish you God's best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by mayoor15(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
The oracle has spoken. Follow your heart.All I will just say is be smart. 50K for a graduate trainee is not bad.After 6 months, ur pay gets bigger. Know of a guy that graduated 2014. He got a job immediately, 2 years later, he is out of d country 4 his m.sc. Many ppl nowadays are blinded by no job 2 follow d line of m.sc and ph.d. But ask ppl working in big places, they wil tell you, they prefer b.sc with 3year concrete experience, than a man with ph.d with zero experience. If you want 2 follow d career path. Its best u get d experience now and go for m.sc maybe in 2 or 3 years or go for m.sc with no experience in 3years time, let see who wil be willing to take d risk on you. With 2 or 3 years experience, u become an experienced hire, with m.sc with no experience you are still a graduate trainee. You can search 4d story of a guy here on nairaland dt sold his late father land or so to go for Uk masters and is still jobless. M.SC+PH.D all ends up in a job, but in Nigeria now, once u'r above 26/27 without no experience even with Ph.d, u'r almost done with. Nobody is been myopic here. They are only telling you the reality. Go for the masters if your dad has a company to fix you after m.sc.SHALOM

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by mayoor15(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSCRYPT:
I would advice you pay close attention to what other more experienced people have to say about this. Trust me, the above advice are myopic and create unfounded fears.

3. How old are you?

Before jumping at a #50k job and put yourself in a path of frustration and a cycle of never ending misery, I suggest you do a proper what if analysis with all the above questions I have generated. (You can add yours) and then come up with what you find a critically examined decision.

Do not trade your tomorrow (a feast) for a now (a crumb) because of immediate pressure.

sorry to ask this question, you said experienced people in your opening sentence, am wondering, what made then experienced? Degrees or what?
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by mayoor15(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
OP follow the line of m.sc+ph.d immediately after b.sc if u av it in mind to lecture.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by TheSCRYPT: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
mayoor15:
sorry to ask this question, you said experienced people in your opening sentence, am wondering, what made then experienced? Degrees or what?

There are those who overtime have come to understand the dynamics of the system out there. Call it life experience or whatever. They just know how decisions made in haste can hurt you. Their advice always go with a pro and con.
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Jamean(f): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

3. How old are you?

Advicer Nowamagbe

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by TheSCRYPT: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
Jamean:

Advicer Nowamagbe

Advicer Nowamagbe gehfriend. tongue
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Jamean(f): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

Advicer Nowamagbe gehfriend. tongue
huh! undecided
Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by niyogeol(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
Op, is the said trainee job in a field you look to build a career? Is the M.Sc overseas or in Nigeria? if the M.Sc is in Nigeria, I will advice you jettison it for now and get some work experience.

I hope you find this useful.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Temitope101: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
Smiles!!! If the graduate trainee is in your preferred field, please don't dump your M.sc programme just deferred it till the end of your trainee.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
I was in your shoes four months ago. I didn't dump my Masters... But now I have to work twice as hard as I should because I am almost not coping with my studies.

If you have a certain goal in mind, you may want to run both together. But, trust me, it's better one gets a certain level of work experience before pursuing a Masters degree. Even as one's own goals become clearer, he may realise that a path not taken could lead him closer to that particular goal.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes. You're never free until you're free to make mistakes. Why do I say this? Because I want you to follow your heart...

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by breedskool(m): 1:26am On Nov 01, 2016
The Techskill Upgrade Social Media Management Training has been designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skill and tools to effectively manage social media accounts, become social media experts and Consultants. only 50 seats available, free for the first 10 applicants on the website. Register at- http://breedskool dot org
registration opens on 30th Nov and closes on 3rd Nov.
Training commences on the 5th Nov 2016.
at Beni Apartment, Victoria Island,Lagos
#breedskool #techskillupgrade #socialmediamanagementtraining #lagosnigeria

Re: Graduate Trainee Or Masters Program by Daisukee: 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2023
Eemeekaa:
Hello sir, it's Stanley from kokorokoman herbals. You can reach us on WhatsApp +234 708 276 2684 or kokorokoman1@gmail.com.
Thank you and hope to get a message from you soonest sir.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Nigerian Army Massive Recruitment Intake For Trades/non Tradesmen And Women / Sterling Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 | How To Apply / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.