Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

“Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” (15519 Views)

Undergraduate Academic Excellence Funding For International Students In Australi / English As A Medium Unilag / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by omonnakoda: 5:09am On Nov 02, 2016
musicwriter:

You don't understand the context of my theory, that's why you don't deserve a response. My theory applies to "colonized third world countries" not European nations. The person I responded to understands my theory cause he clearly know what I stand for, but here you're talking off point countries like Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium. These are European nations for God's sake and can always absorb each others language for their own good.

The only country you mentioned that deserve a response is Singapore. And there's a reason it developed. Singapore is an expatriate dominated country full of skilled foreigners who are non citizens of that country. Majority Singaporeans themselves remains at the back seat working for foreign conglomerates.
Every time your bulllshit is exposed you just keep releasing more.Theory? You are a ridiculous and shameless felllow, full of breeze and bombast with nothing to offer. Why should your so called theory not apply to European countries when you said:
musicwriter:

No nation has ever become great speaking the language of foreigners. It was actually stated in the bible at Genesis 11:6. The basic tool for development is speaking one native language. If you destroy the power of natural syntax and word formulation, you'll eventually destroy the culture that own such language in the long run. Someone posted it earlier that Noam Chomsky (the most intelligent person alive) and his team also proved this in an independent research.

Please re.
Now EUROPEAN NATIONS are exempt from your absurd theory.Why? Why did you not say that to start with

Please some ridiculing yourself
Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by musicwriter(m): 6:07am On Nov 02, 2016
omonnakoda:
Every time your bulllshit is exposed you just keep releasing more.Theory? You are a ridiculous and shameless felllow, full of breeze and bombast with nothing to offer. Why should your so called theory not apply to European countries when you said:
Now EUROPEAN NATIONS are exempt from your absurd theory.Why? Why did you not say that to start with

Please some ridiculing yourself

I can see you're a jobless angry fellow without real education to support the rubbish you type.

You wanted to know and I told you the context of my theory. And suddenly you're losing your poor mind quoting me out of context? The quoted bible passage was a reference not my theory itself.

I' am done with you, cause experience tells me people like you always find ways to drag someone to semantics, since you have nothing of real substance to offer.
Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by omonnakoda: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2016
musicwriter:

I can see you're a jobless angry fellow without real education to support the rubbish you type.

You wanted to know and I told you the context of my theory. And suddenly you're losing your poor mind quoting me out of context? The quoted bible passage was a reference not my theory itself.

I' am done with you, cause experience tells me people like you always find ways to drag someone to semantics, since you have nothing of real substance to offer.
You are an empty raucous barrel
Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by omonnakoda: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2016
musicwriter:

No nation has ever become great speaking the language of foreigners. It was actually stated in the bible at Genesis 11:6

What about Ireland,Brazil, Austria,Switzerland,Singapore,The USA,Canada,
Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by Ugosample(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2016
@Musicwriter, I think omonnakoda has a point....

Your "theory" no doubt has examples, but it is not 100% fool proof......

Ireland is a developer country, yet they have practically lost their language (Gaelic or so)

You have to agree with me that indeed, there are many other factors that contribute to (un) development than just the language issue...

Don't you think so?
Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by musicwriter(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Ugosample:
@Musicwriter, I think omonnakoda has a point....

Your "theory" no doubt has examples, but it is not 100% fool proof......

Ireland is a developer country, yet they have practically lost their language (Gaelic or so)

You have to agree with me that indeed, there are many other factors that contribute to (un) development than just the language issue...

Don't you think so?

The context of my theory is for "colonized third world countries in Africa, South America, Asia" who uses foreign language as language of instruction in schools. If you read my blog you'll see for yourself that I have no other region included in my theory. In fact, the articles where I made this claim were specifically attentioned to "African people". Again, any country aside Africa and other colonized countries in South America and Asia who study in foreign languages don't support my theory. Now, you've heard from the horse's mouth.

The other guy you mentioned don't know anything about linguistics, world history and evolution of languages.
Re: “Does Speaking Of English As First Language Promotes Academic Excellence?” by omonnakoda: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
musicwriter:

The context of my theory is for "colonized third world countries in Africa, South America, Asia" who uses foreign language as language of instruction in schools. If you read my blog you'll see for yourself that I have no other region included in my theory. In fact, the articles where I made this claim were specifically attentioned to "African people". Again, any country aside Africa and other colonized countries in South America and Asia who study in foreign languages don't support my theory. Now, you've heard from the horse's mouth.

The other guy you mentioned don't know anything about linguistics, world history and evolution of languages.
Yes you know every thing and you tell us that Brazil the Eight largest economy in the world with the 4th largest automobile market is a struggling third world economy.

The logic of your theory is this;

All As are Bs but if you come across an A that is not a B then it is not an A . It is a very self indulgent and stuupid theory.

You are on record as having said that no nation can become great speaking a foreign language. Now you are saying no third world nation can become great speaking a foreign language UNTIL that nation becomes great then you shift the goalposts again .
The USA defies your theory so it is Now South America well Brazil is in South America so your theory is collapsing around you
Singapore is in Asia what do you have to say about that.English is the official language in Singapore

Brazil is not 3rd world world. It is a major World economy. One of the biggest

You are a rabble rouser

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta State University Admission Requirement Update / FG Deploys 50 Lecturers To Ugandan University / LAUTECH Ranked As Best State University In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.