Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,123 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Christ The Only Way To Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ The Only Way To Salvation (263 Views)

M Skid Responds To Maraji's "Jesus Is The Only Way" Claim / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christ The Only Way To Salvation by nelch05(m): 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
Dear Brethren,
As it may interest you to know, GOD always desire us all to have Salvation for that reason he sent his only be gotten son to come and save us.
Today I will like us to consider some few scripture in-oder to get the true meaning of Salvation."Salvation could be summed up to be deliverance" Deliverance? From what? Ok we will look at the Old Testament meaning and then New Testament, When the Israelites came out of Egypt and reached the Red Sea, Moses told them
to “stand still, and see the salvation of the
LORD” (Exodus 14:13). In this case, God provided a physical deliverance for Israel from the armies of Egypt.
In the New Testament, the term “salvation” is
specially used to refer to the great deliverance from the penalty of sin, which is eternal death (Romans 6:23). That is why the book of Hebrews calls it “so great a salvation” (Hebrews 2:3).
Why do we need salvation?
Why does man need to be saved? First, we go back to the time when man was created by God in the garden. “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man
became a living being "soul", KJV]” (Genesis2:7).
Later, the prophet Ezekiel noted that all souls (living beings) belong to God. “Behold all souls are Mine; the soul of the father, as well as the soul of the son is Mine; the soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4).
This is repeated again in verse 20: “The soul who sins shall die.”
Every human being (except for Jesus Christ) has
sinned. Yes through Adamic nature we inherited at birth “For all have sinned and fall short of the
glory of God” (Romans 3:23). The penalty for sin is death. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
So man needs to be saved—delivered from eternal death—and to be given the gift of God, which is eternal life. That is why salvation is necessary, and why Jesus came to the earth as a human being. “For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10). Salvation is only possible by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Now at this point let us see the story of a Tax collector in (Luke 19) Zacchaeus was a chief Tax collector and in those days tax collectors were seen as great sinners.. But when the people saw that jesus has decided to stayed at his place they condemned Zacchaeus as a great sinner since he was ready to receive salvation he told our lord jesus Immediately "I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have receive anything from any anyone by false I restore it fourfold"after hearing this and seeing the zeal jesus answered and said to him "Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham"
Surely from the story these point are to be noted;
God is willing to receive those who come to regain their freedom from sin anytime.
Salvation is always available for any one who think they are deeply in their sin God will always forgive you. That's why he is a merciful God no matter how people may condemned you he will receive just make up your mind.
You must be ready to give up everything to follow christ the tax collector was ready to give back everything he false fully collect from anyone. Salvation is always there for anybody that is christ died for our sin so it may be forgiven.

Has Jesus done anything yet?
Click for full story
www.nmetblog.com/2016/10/christ-only-way-to-salvation.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Discipleship / Creeping Christmas? / Today What Friends Could Not Do For You....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.