Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians (662 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Lai Mohammed, Others At Where The Chiboks Girls Are Receiving Treatment (photos) / We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by AllTheWayUp: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2016
Assures FG Will Tackle Recession

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has assured of the determination of President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration to improve the economy and make food available for all Nigerians.

Speaking with journalists yesterday in Asaba on the sidelines of the 46th National Council on Information meeting, Mohammed said that some of the steps taken so far to address the recent economic recession include job creation, ease of doing business among others. The minister said that the government was also taking steps to urgently address the Niger Delta crisis, which has severely affected crude oil production, the mainstay of the Nigerian economy.

The minister, however, predicted hard times during the forthcoming Christmas as result of the current hardship occasioned by economic recession, noting that the Federal Government will ensure an improved production of crude oil to kick-start the economy.

He said: “Everyday the government is recording success. Only recently both the IMF and World Bank released a quite encouraging report that the measure government is taking is definitely leading to a lot of progress.
“I can assure you that before Christmas we will be able to resolve a lot of the challenges that we have especially in the Niger Delta area. And once the production improves, there will be more money in the system. “There was this seven big wins that was launched by the president in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources which are the steps Nigeria is taking to ensure that even if we are diversifying the economy, oil and gas still remains a major pillar of our economy and these are things we are doing to revive it.

“I want to assure Nigerians on behalf of the Federal Government that we are working day and night to ensure that the hardship of Nigerians is reduced.”

In a paper entitled: ‘’Leveraging on Information and Digital Technology to Sustain the Change Agenda of Government,’’ the minister advised information officers to key into the information and digital revolution for better service delivery. He implored managers of government information to be factual into drowning “out those who are bent on misinforming our people and making it impossible for them to be a part of the change agenda” through various platforms in the social media.

“We must always stay ahead of the pack. We must be proactive rather than be reactive. We must never let down our guard because, for information managers, there should be no down time, because while you are fast asleep, those who will make your task impossible are fully awake. “We must understand and harness the enormous powers of the traditional and the new tools of information dissemination to communicate the activities of government and also get feedbacks,” he added.

Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa said the current scenario that allowed for citizen participation in information dissemination and management through social media platforms calls for a paradigm shift in the interface between government and the public. Okowa remarked that information officers must be more scientific in approach and go beyond the realm of dissemination to embrace the more strategic function of communication.

http://t.guardian.ng/news/lai-mohammed-predicts-tough-christmas/

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:25am On Oct 31, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by IVORY2009(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2016
Mr lai continue, we will all come and do chrismas in ur house in Kwara!
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by Mologi(m): 7:29am On Oct 31, 2016
Masquerade business do strife during Christmas....So we go into it then....

coupled with the existing one.....fada Christmas...

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by iykebest1(m): 7:31am On Oct 31, 2016
we wish him the same.
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by Jirate(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2016
I hate this Man more than Buhari, guess why. cool cool cool

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by wristbangle: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2016
I predict sweet christmas for myself, my family and this nation In Jesus Name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by saint047(m): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2016
The Almighty God has the final say
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2016
iykebest1:
we wish him the same.
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2016
Nigerians are in for a long thing.
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by drss2(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2016
dis year d main cuisine for christmass will be tuwo. rice is now a luxury for d rich.
welcome to change.
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by drss2(m): 8:00am On Oct 31, 2016
Jirate:
I hate this Man more than Buhari, guess why. cool cool cool
any tin i see dat man for tv i dey change channel immediately before i slap my tv. him get d face wey u just wan slap.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by Rogersmith(m): 8:04am On Oct 31, 2016
As for me and my family we are exempted.
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by JBUZZ: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2016
Lai, Abeg no make me vex this morning.

***stone-faced

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by nrexzy: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2016
Predict keee? Something we already knew from January 2016
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by DIKEnaWAR: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2016
I predict same for him, Buhari, Tinubu and all those that brought us here.

Die! DIE!! Die!!!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by orunto27: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2016
He is Mohammed. He is a Muslim. He won't be affected. Only the V.P. will endure the Pain.
Re: Lai Mohammed Predicts Tough Christmas For Nigerians by columbus007(m): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2016
And they will never no peace,when the wicked rule the people suffer,i repeat they will never no peace even in their various homes and families,Nigerians as they say used to be a happy people, now everywhere is filled with groaning Damn. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

N350 M Bribery Allegation Stalls PDP’ S Appeal / Full List Of 25 Jonathan’s Ex-ministers, Aides Currently Under Investigation And / Sola Oke Gubernatorial Plot In Jeopardy As Olowookere Escapes Assination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.