Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession (14484 Views)

Despite Recession, Shoprite Profit Rises: Turnover Hits N3.86 Trillion / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by falconey(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
eph12:

It's the same charges with last year and 2 years ago. So what is the game changer? Forex of course

you are kidding right? what was the previous and current charges rate?
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
why will it not rise when they have engaged in round tripping. rather than lend to the real sector they sell forex to the black markets to make quick gain. I don't really blame emefiele coz these banks are part of the problem we are facing today
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Babateemd: 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
why wont they make money . when they buy dollar at 300naira and sell to end users at 450 naira. they are even underdeclaring. i am sure they made more. nonsense economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by eph12(m): 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2016
falconey:

you are kidding right? what was the previous and current charges rate?
Text message is always #4 per text or has it changed?

GTB Mastercard is the most used card for foreign transactions. Connect the dot
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by falconey(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
eph12:

Text message is always #4 per text or has it changed?

GTB Mastercard is the most used card for foreign transactions. Connect the dot

dude I received alert 6times last month and was charged
100+,first bank savings account.

1 Like

Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Bizibi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
I will never believe, rising profit with rubbish dividends.......
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Bizibi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
I will never believe it, rising profit with rubbish dividends.......
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Miles300: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
me69:
Most of this increase in profit comes from the banks charging high margins for FX while the government does nothing to protect customers. There are the ones profiting from naira scarcity.
u just said it .. We are in a nation were both govt and financial institution don't care abt the customer we are alys at the receiving end
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by solace2013: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
How will their profit not rise when they defrauds through all manners of illegal deductions daily?
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by obailala(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
While wouldn't bank profits rise when all they do is rip-off customers, round-trip forex and engage in other sharp unpatriotic practices?
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by enitey(f): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
Waiting for Eco's own
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by sammysammy111(m): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
Thanks to mmm
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Ugosample(m): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
Goke7:
why not, they make huge gains from forex to our detriment

Exactly
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Mjuliet: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
Feranchek:
GTBank and Zenith Bank always leading the pack. My 2 banks making me feel relaxed. Lol.

These banks keep making profits despite the recession mostly via loans, and also gibing little or no dividend on your savings and that is why they'll say anything derogatory to tarnish the genuineness of MMM. Only a fool will still put his money in the bank only to get his money deducted for ATM card service, Text messages and the likes, whereas in MMM you get cool 30% gain in one month just by helping someone with your money.

MMM... Changing Lives!!!

Enjoy it now while it last but need to remind you that no free meal even in Freetown... MMM has a cost, some day, some time victims will bear the brunt
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by erico2k2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
I do not know why and how people see this as good news unless you invested in these named bank there is nothing to clap about as they are milking Nigerians . Where did they get these profits ? Where they selling Oranges nd Bags of rice?
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by tempel(m): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
After sacking workers, why won't they make such profit. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Kentox(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
Why won't they? MMM should be praise for that.
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
AXYZ:

I have cancelled my sms alerts 2 days ago. I will make do with email alerts.

they charged me 5H shocked

1 Like

Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Why are they sacking staff if they are truly making profit?

2 Likes

Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by ashala(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
I wonder how GTB achieved this amidst the recession shocked
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
What is MMM?
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by eph12(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
falconey:

dude I received alert 6times last month and was charged
100+,first bank savings account.
I was debited 9 times between 23rd September and 22 Oct and I was charged #36 same fbn savings account. Contact your cc to find out what's happening to your account.
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by MAK211(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
I know say na gtbank go top the list. They hav been scaming wit their sms alert charges since 900bc
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by AreaFada2: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
Bank is just a word in 9ja. More like glorified or privileged BDC, conduit for stolen govt & oil money, connivers wiith big men to cheat the masses, chargers of outrageous fees and slave masters, etc. cool cool

They have no interest in helping SMEs that drive the economy with loans. So they are not banks in conventional sense.
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by leobrownish(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
why won't it increase when my bank it self just dey spoil money for person like say na dem put am dere. SMS alert, login alert, stamp alert, end of the month and weekly alert and so on.
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by david290(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
Opistorincos:
Why won't it increase when Gtbank charged me almost 1k for alerts shocked
You're not alone, bro...
Re: Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession by obstead200(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
kingphilip:
I just hope it's not padded sha.. Because anybody can pad anything in Nigeria in order to portray what it is not

May they continue to soar high sha if it's the truth
Let wait for the Audited full year reports.
Auditors are not smiling.
Personally, I don't Give a second glance at unaudited reports

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN’s Supply Ban Won’t Affect Us - BDCs / List of Top Management Consulting Companies In Nigeria / 10 Reasons Why Nigerians Must Start Affiliate Marketing Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.