Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

Assault Victim Begs Edo Monarch For Forgiveness - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Assault Victim Begs Edo Monarch For Forgiveness (506 Views)

How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch / Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne / Ifa Devotees Who Engaged In Fraudulent Activities Beg Alaafin 4 Forgiveness(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Assault Victim Begs Edo Monarch For Forgiveness by comos: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2016
The woman who was reportedly assaulted by the Onojie of Uromi in Esan North-East Local Government Area of Edo State, Mrs. Betty Okoebor, on Sunday begged the monarch for forgiveness.

The traditional ruler and Ojuromi of Uromi, His Royal Highness, Anslem Aidenojie II, had been suspended for seven days by the state executive council for allegedly attacking the woman and causing her “bodily harm,” among other alleged offences.

But the victim, Okoebor, who knelt before the monarch at his residence in Benin, in the presence of some Uromi elders, said that her plea became necessary as it was not customary for a traditional ruler to seek forgiveness from his subjects.

The woman, who was accompanied by some of her relatives, noted that she was not coerced into taking the decision, which she said was based on the fact the Ojuromi remained her father.

“I have offended my father and have come to him for forgiveness. He has forgiven me and also prayed for me,” Okoebor added.

In his reaction, the Ojuromi of Uromi said that the woman had a “little disagreement” with the palace and for which she apologised.

Aidenojie II said, “Betty is my daughter; she had little disagreement with the palace and she has come to apologise.

“As a father, I have forgiven her and have also prayed for her to have good health, prosperity and success in every aspect of her endeavour.”

culled from Punch
Re: Assault Victim Begs Edo Monarch For Forgiveness by delishpot: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2016
To be king sweet o.
I offend you, you beg me.

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Rulers Will Continue To Rally Support For Buhari — Emir Of Ilorin / How I Cook My Nigerian Ewa Agoyin / Record Of The Olubadan Chieftaincy Declaration Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.