Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Muslims In The House! Please How True Is This? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims In The House! Please How True Is This? (619 Views)

Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). / Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Muslims In Iceland Fast For 22 Hours A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muslims In The House! Please How True Is This? by Iamdipson(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2016
The great medieval scholar Ibn Qayyim (1292-1350) outlines the stages of the Muhammad's prophetic career: "For thirteen years after the beginning of his Messengership, he called people to God through preaching, without fighting or Jizyah, and was commanded to restrain himself and to practice patience and forbearance. Then he was commanded to migrate, and later permission was given to fight. Then he was commanded to fight those who fought him, and to restrain himself from those who did not make war with him. Later he was commanded to fight the polytheists until God's religion was fully established."

In other words, he initially could fight only defensively -- only "those who fought him" -- but later he could fight the polytheists until Islam was "fully established." He could fight them even if they didn't fight him first, and solely because they were not Muslim.

Re: Muslims In The House! Please How True Is This? by DirewolfofStark(m): 7:58am On Mar 02, 2017
All Very True.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad / Muslim Hajj Period Commences Today / I Cant Be Insane Could I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.