Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project (35890 Views)

Amosun’s N27.3 Billion Abandoned Model School Project / Joshua Agboola: Meet 9-year-old Who Developed A Website For His School. / Nigerian Student In Taiwan University Makes His School Raise The Nigerian Flag. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Sleekdude4u(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
quote author=Gten post=50649852]Is it a degree in painting? Cos all I see is some guy painting a tricycle and riding it afterwards. [/quote][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]akwaibom sung!!!
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by CzarChris(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
shamecurls:
Op!

You need to be detailed. How can a tricycle move without engines. Yes! It's solar powered I know, but which one is no engine and only batteries? How is it then moving?
My thoughts exactly, and I seriously have doubts that student did that project alone. Either way, nice innovation.

Proud futo alumni
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by blackprowler: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
CzarChris:
My thoughts exactly, and I seriously have doubts that student did that project alone. Either way, nice innovation.

Proud futo alumni

It's all crap. I've tried to stay away from Nairaland but I can't help commenting whenever I read one of our egregious stupidities which have no end? I am a solar businessman. I am also a mechanical engineer. In secondary school, we are first taught in physics that energy can never be created or destroyed. It only transforms from one form to another. It gets more complicated as you get higher and higher degrees. Can the "inventor" tell me how much energy is required to transport three human beings for any stated distance, and then tell me how much energy the solar panel (bought from a shop, lol) produces? I know the answer. NIGERIA IS A JOKE! Ignorance is a very big problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Kobicove(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
Please show us the battery system undecided
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Bishops10(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
Vicboi1:
ok thanks for the correction
Good
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Barigaboy(m): 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nice one bro but Nigerians believe in finishing the fuel instead of thinking of how to invibe this idea into the society by encouraging u n allowing u to make sum of this for sale which will reduce d consumption of fuel.
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by johnemeka(m): 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
FUTOites are creative people
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by pepculture: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
shamecurls:
Op!

You need to be detailed. How can a tricycle move without engines. Yes! It's solar powered I know, but which one is no engine and only batteries? How is it then moving?
God bless u
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by AnodaIT(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
shamecurls:

angry

So a battery powers the electric motor and transmits it to the crank shaft and the car moves..... lol

You re a comedian!

Do you know what they call gears in automobile? The electric motor also does that too? Lol

Let me believe u re not an engineer. I have pardoned you.

Also, your definition about an engine is outrightly wrong. Wikipedia will help

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine

This is from the wikipedia you referred me to

In modern usage, the term engine typically describes devices, like steam engines and internal combustion engines, that burn or otherwise consume fuel to perform mechanical work by exerting a torque or linear force (usually in the form of thrust). Examples of engines which exert a torque include the familiar automobile gasoline and diesel engines, as well as turboshafts. Examples of engines which produce thrust include turbofans and rockets.

When the internal combustion engine was invented, the term "motor" was initially used to distinguish it from the steam engine—which was in wide use at the time, powering locomotives and other vehicles such as steam rollers. "Motor" and "engine" later came to be used interchangeably in casual discourse. However, technically, the two words have different meanings. An engine is a device that burns or otherwise consumes fuel, changing its chemical composition, whereas a motor is a device driven by electricity, air, or hydraulic pressure, which does not change the chemical composition of its energy source.[3] However, rocketry uses the term rocket motor, even though they consume fuel.

But I can see from your other responses to other people that you are now just arguing to protect your ego, soon enough you will start correcting my grammartical mistakes, so I leave it to you. Have a nice day
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Genycharl(f): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
ElectroCute:
This project is currently at the FUTO Mechanical(Automobile) workshop.
So many wonderful projects by both Mechanical & EE departments here.
Proud FUTOites.

yes oooo, we no dey carry last

1 Like

Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by shamecurls(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
AnodaIT:

This is from the wikipedia you referred me to

But I can see from your other responses to other people that you are now just arguing to protect your ego, soon enough you will start correcting my grammartical mistakes, so I leave it to you. Have a nice day

You have failed to realise my points with regards to the topic. An automobile can not be driven without an engine. #Fact it must definetly have an engine to propel the shaft. A analogue clock might not burn fuel but does have an engine inside to move it's arms. Energy can not be transformed to Mechanical without an engine. Technically, a motor can be said not to be an engine but as far as automobile is concerned, it is cos it definitely must have gears which make use of lubricants.

I have shared engine designs of electric cars in my previous post.
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
Dramadiddy:
I don catch you.. you no go go house abi.. you still dey school!
lol oga calm down.....I'm just doing my 300lvl IT in Skul.
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by hotspec(m): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
morealrealest:
I make FTC ooooooooooooooo
Check again. Ure not
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by TRAVEL101(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
Gten:
Is it a degree in painting? Cos all I see is some guy painting a tricycle and riding it afterwards.
why hating
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by carlalex: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Wow am happy it's coming from futo
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by KardinalZik(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
...eco friendly technology!
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Kxke(m): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
Rep Solar Power Project 2015
Rep Power System!
Rep EEE !
Rep FUTO!

Proud of this guy. I knw Mr Dike must have over-stressed him."If you don't stretch this students to their limit,the best can never come out of them"--Mr Dike.
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by CRITICALANALYST: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nice one! Kudos to him
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Dramadiddy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
ElectroCute:
lol oga calm down.....I'm just doing my 300lvl IT in Skul.
enjoy
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by CzarChris(m): 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
blackprowler:

It's all crap. I've tried to stay away from Nairaland but I can't help commenting whenever I read one of our egregious stupidities which have no end? I am a solar businessman. I am also a mechanical engineer. In secondary school, we are first taught in physics that energy can never be created or destroyed. It only transforms from one form to another. It gets more complicated as you get higher and higher degrees. Can the "inventor" tell me how much energy is required to transport three human beings for any stated distance, and then tell me how much energy the solar panel (bought from a shop, lol) produces? I know the answer. NIGERIA IS A JOKE! Ignorance is a very big problem in this country
grin grin grin Easy guy, I feel you. I follow up on shell eco-maraton, where energy efficient vehicles are produced and the most energy efficient car(actually a tricycle) can actually accommodate one person and truth be told, you were correct when you mentioned "carry 3 human beings" because the weight differential would be better a nightmare for the said tricycle and how much energy does say two solar panels transmit to how many batteries. What got me laughing was the no engine part, haba! What moves the tires then, how would you change gears? WiFi or Bluetooth? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I believe a friend of the guy or his relation who doesn't understand the workings of engineering put up this thread here as as a publicity stunt...... But unfortunately for them, we have thinkers here.
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2016
Genycharl:

good to know you're one of Us
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2016
Genycharl:

good to know you're one of Us
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by blackprowler: 10:40am On Nov 01, 2016
CzarChris:
grin grin grin Easy guy, I feel you. I follow up on shell eco-maraton, where energy efficient vehicles are produced and the most energy efficient car(actually a tricycle) can actually accommodate one person and truth be told, you were correct when you mentioned "carry 3 human beings" because the weight differential would be better a nightmare for the said tricycle and how much energy does say two solar panels transmit to how many batteries. What got me laughing was the no engine part, haba! What moves the tires then, how would you change gears? WiFi or Bluetooth? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I believe a friend of the guy or his relation who doesn't understand the workings of engineering put up this thread here as as a publicity stunt...... But unfortunately for them, we have thinkers here.

Thanks lots. I just wanna point out that in those cutting-edge, experimental, lab instances you gave, it is much more hi-tech materials of the future they use. I can guarantee you the panels you described in the Eco challenge are not the type these clowns buy at Alaba with a 15-17% efficiency (maybe less sef in practice).

Regarding engine and gears, nothing stops a designer from making a motor with no gear shift (fixed ratio). It will work but not very practical or convenient. Also, you could design a system where wheels are directly powered by motors using DC currents which the batteries provide. That's the whole idea of Musk's Tesla cars, I believe. That's the beauty of engineering: it's all about design needs and specifications
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by Franklin462(m): 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nice project work Mr. Finbarr....I can see Doc. dike in your new ride lol confirm Mbaise man
Re: Ekomobong Finbarr Designs Solar-Powered Keke In FUTO For His School Project by OBAJESU: 4:19am On Nov 02, 2016
GREAT. He needs some forward-thinking company/individual, multi-national industry to sponsor him to make this a big business. He might be exporting it, after more refinements, in no time and Nigeria will be the better for it.
We finally become at least a 'small vehicle' exporting country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi State University Admission List. / Oluwaseyi Ajibade: Third Class LASU Graduate, UNILAG Best Graduating PhD Student / JAMB Releases 2019 UTME Results Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.