Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Aruna Kadiri: Join Me As I Invades AAU Tomorrow - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aruna Kadiri: Join Me As I Invades AAU Tomorrow (525 Views)

ASUU: We Have Had A Enough Of Toying With The Future Of Students -aruna Kadiri / Mum Invades School With Thugs In Abeokuta, Beats Up Teachers For Caning Child / Aruna Kadiri Visits Turkey Over Arrest Of Nigerian Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aruna Kadiri: Join Me As I Invades AAU Tomorrow by akolo321: 11:07am On Oct 31, 2016
Great Nigerian Students,

Please, join me as I relocate NANS secretariat to Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, Edo State, tomorrow Tuesday 1st November, 2016 on a peaceful solidarity protest for reduction of schoolfees.

Our fellow students have been intimidated, arrested, teargassed and threatened with their studentship. This is unacceptable and will be resisted by my administration.

Recall on Friday October 14th, in pursuance of NANS charter for qualitative and affordable education for Nigerians following the unjustifiable hike of schoolfees, I visited the school where I held a meeting with the school' management.

In the meeting which lasted for almost 5-hours but ended in deadlock, I spoke on the urgent need to reduce the over 400% increment in schoolfees. Regrettably, the Vice Chancellor Professor Ignatius Onimawo, insisted, “the fees will not be reduced”.

After the meeting, NANS under my leadership directed Nigerian students in AAU not to pay schoolfees until the ongoing discussion was concluded. Our stand was: “it should and must go back to Status Quo”.

Also as a committed leadership to the good of Nigerian student, we vowed to keep you posted as events unfold. After exhausting all channels of dialogue, we hereby wish to call on all our able students of AAU and beyond to turn out enmass for the peaceful protest slated for tomorrow.

We are not armed though, but in our unity, we are “Unconquerable”. The Schoolfees Must Go Back To Status Quo.

Thank you.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

God bless the National Association of Nigerian Students

God bless the Great Students of AAU

Aluta Continua! Victoria Acerta!!

Comr. Aruna Kadiri, NANS President
October 31st, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Urgent Help With This NIPOST Package / University Of Abuja , Admission List Is Out / The Value Of Ethics To Your Discipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.