Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

How A Nigerian Doctor Delivered A Baby Twice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How A Nigerian Doctor Delivered A Baby Twice (504 Views)

A Dead Pregnant Lady Delivered A Baby In The Grave(Photos,Video) / UK Bans Nigerian Doctor Pestering His Patients With Love Advances (photo) / Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Nigerian Doctor Delivered A Baby Twice by financialpowa: 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
When Margaret Boemer went for an ultrasound pregnancy checkup, she was told that her baby had a rare condition and would require surgery if she were to survive.

“16 weeks being pregnant I found out that our baby had a sacrococcygeal teratoma,” Boemer said.

The condition is a form of malignant tumor that forms at the base of a baby’s tailbone, which can be life-threatening.

“LynLee didn’t have much of a chance, you have a 50/50 chance of making it and the tumour was so big. I was coming for regular checkups and by the time at 23 weeks the tumour was shutting her heart down and causing her to go into cardiac failure,” Boemer said.

While other doctors at different hospitals recommended termination of the pregnancy, Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, pediatric surgeon and co-director of Texas Children’s Fetal Center and Dr. Darrell Cass, explained the surgery option, having performed one seven years ago.

“If we didn’t choose the option of surgery that night
more @ http://www.ourdailyreporters.com/how-a-nigerian-doctor-delivered-a-baby-twice

(1) (Reply)

Choose How You Enjoy Your Nap Here. / Psychiatric And Mental Health / How Can I Get Rid Of These Masturbation Defects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.