Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Phcn Staff Murders Fashola - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Phcn Staff Murders Fashola (952 Views)

Man Murders Ex-girlfriend And Her Lover In Benue / Ritual Killer Murders Pregnant Woman & Removes Her Baby In Akwa Ibom / Celestial Prophet Murders Church Member With Charm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Staff Murders Fashola by AloyEmeka6: 2:01am On Oct 28, 2009
PHCN Staff Murders Peacemaker
October 16, 2009 15:24, 655 views
By Dedeigbo Ayodeji

A popular street fighter in Itire in Itire/Ikate Local Council Development Area of Lagos State, Tayo Oguntubo a.k.a. Atamatase or sharp shooter, has narrated to the police how he murdered a peacemaker, Babatunde Fashola, who intervened in the fight between him and some street urchins (area boys).

P.M.News investigation revealed that Oguntubo, who resides at 17, Ramoni Street, Itire, is a staff of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN). He was returning from a ceremony at about 11.30 pm, when he got involved in a street fight with some area boys.

As Fashola, 30, popularly known in the area as Baba, tried to stop Oguntubo from fighting, the latter reached for a knife and stabbed Fashola in the neck.

Fashola was rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH), Idi Araba, where he died at about 2am on Wednesday.

The corpse of Fashola, who was said to be a carpenter and resident of 13, Oremeji Street, Itire, has been deposited in the morgue.

Oguntubo was later picked up by the police from Itire Police Station for interrogation. He allegedly confessed to the crime and promised to change, if the police can set him free.

“I was fighting with some boys on the street, who were dragging certain issues with me, when Babatunde Fashola tried to stop the fight.  It’s true I stabbed him on the neck. Before he came, I had warned people around not to hold me anytime I am fighting.  I regret my actions,” Oguntubo told the police in his confessional statement.

However, the Itire Police Division have transferred the matter to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos for further investigation.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/10/16/phcn-staff-murders-peacemaker
Re: Phcn Staff Murders Fashola by SeanT21(f): 2:16am On Oct 28, 2009
RIP to fashola. Its very dangerous to get in the middle of 2 people when they are fighting or arguing;especially when they are strangers. Poor Fahsola was just trying to help. cry
Re: Phcn Staff Murders Fashola by dove24u(m): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2009
He has to pay for his foolish action(anger) cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Nj Man Accused Of Raping, Beating 5 Daughters / Yemeni Child Bride Dies Of Internal Bleeding / His Right Hand Was Cut Off By A Human Being.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.