Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,191 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control (443 Views)

Latest Techniques For The Management Of Hernia / Monkey Pox Under Control- NCDC / Techniques For Back Pain Relief After You Are Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control by Real4Christ(f): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
Anger is a normal, healthy emotion, but when chronic, explosive anger spirals out of control, it can have serious consequences for your relationships, your health, and your state of mind. With insight about the real reasons for your anger and these anger management tools, you can learn to keep your temper from hijacking your life.

Understanding anger

The emotion of anger is neither good nor bad. It’s perfectly healthy and normal to feel angry when you’ve been mistreated or wronged. The feeling isn't the problem—it's what you do with it that makes a difference. Anger becomes a problem when it harms you or others.

If you have a hot temper, you may feel like it's out of your hands and there's little you can do to tame the beast. But you have more control over your anger than you think. You can learn to express your emotions without hurting others— and when you do, you’ll not only feel better, you’ll also be more likely to get your needs met. Mastering the art of anger management takes work, but the more you practice, the easier it will get.
And the payoff can be huge. Learning to control your anger and express it appropriately can help you build better relationships, achieve your goals, and lead a healthier, more satisfying life.

Quick tips for cooling down

1. Focus on the physical sensations of anger.
While it may seem counterintuitive, tuning into the way your body feels when you’re angry often lessens the emotional intensity of your anger.

2. Take some deep breaths.
Deep, slow breathing helps counteract rising tension. The key is to breathe deeply from the abdomen, getting as much fresh air as possible into your lungs.

3. Exercise.
A brisk walk around the block is a great idea. It releases pent-up energy so you can approach the situation with a cooler head.

4. Use your senses.
Take advantage of the relaxing power of your sense of sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste. You might try listening to music or picturing yourself in a favorite place.

5. Stretch or massage areas of tension.
Roll your shoulders if you are tensing them, for example, or gently massage your neck and scalp.

6. Slowly count to ten.
Focus on the counting to let your rational mind catch up with your feelings. If you still feel out of control by the time you reach ten, start counting again.

Give yourself a reality check

When you start getting upset about something, take a moment to thinkabout the situation. Ask yourself:
1. How important is it in the grand scheme of things?
2. Is it really worth getting angry about it?
3. Is it worth ruining the rest of my day?
4. Is my response appropriate to the
situation?
5. Is there anything I can do about it?.
6. Is taking action worth my time?
Re: Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control by DozieInc(m): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2016
Nice tips Op.. HNM.

1 Like

Re: Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 01, 2016
Nice Tips.. whenever am angry,I just ignore the instigator and shut up ma mouth..

1 Like

Re: Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control by Real4Christ(f): 4:04am On Nov 01, 2016
Justdulla:
Nice Tips.. whenever am angry,I just ignore the instigator and shut up ma mouth..
grin thank u, lol
Re: Tips And Techniques For Getting Anger Under Control by Real4Christ(f): 4:05am On Nov 01, 2016
DozieInc:
Nice tips Op.. HNM.
thank u dear nd same to u smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We Our Own Worst Enemy? / Aqua Yoga At Nimba Nature Cure Village / 100% Cure Of Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.