Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave (758 Views)

Cat Reading At OAU Ife, Awo Hall (Photos) / Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) / Heartbroken Cat Spends YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by adedehinbo(m): 5:32am On Nov 01, 2016
Heartbroken cat spends YEAR living by dead owner's grave
The mourning moggy sleeps on the grave and rolls in the dirt, leaving only to be fed before returning to her owner's resting place
A grieving cat was left so heartbroken by her owner's death she has spent a YEAR living at her grave.
The mourning moggy was first heard crying while lying in the earth at the burial plot in Central Java, Indonesia.
Passer-by Keli Keningau Prayitno, 28, tried to adopt the kitty but it returned to the same spot - cuddling the small blue headstone.
Remarkably, the cat walks every day to her former home where she is fed by the old lady's children - then returns to the grave.
Despite being given food and water by passers-by, the animal refuses to leave the grave, rolls in the earth and sleeps there every night.
Dad-of-one Keli said: "Since the cat's mother died she has stayed here at the grave. She does not want to go home. She has been here for almost a year.
"I thought she was homeless and tried to help but every time she wold keep returning to the same place.
"I saw her everyday and noticed that she was always there, but sometimes would leave for a couple of hours then come back.
"I followed her and she was going to the home where she used to live and the lady's children would feed her.
"Then the cat would go back again to the same place. She sleeps there and meows.
"It's very sad to see. It shows just how close animals are to their owners."
Keli said he had followed the cat and discovered the former owner had been an old lady called Kundari who had recently died.
Despite being offered new homes, even a year later the cat can still be seen at the grave night and day.
Keli added: "We take some food and water to the cat but she still likes to go home. She's at the grave everyday."
Last month it emerged that a three-year-old dog had been waiting for a year at a roadside in Thailand for his missing owner.
The dog, named Jaow Loung, had fallen from a vehicle and waited patiently to be reu
nited but was killed by a passing car on September 25
He was likened to Japanese Akita dog Hachiko who waited every day for nine years for the train that used to bring late owner Hidesabur Ueno home.
source:mirror. co.uk

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by divinehand2003(m): 5:35am On Nov 01, 2016
This is serious.

Nigerians hate cats a lot. But cats can be loyal friends with man even after death separates man from the cat

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by KingRex1(m): 5:49am On Nov 01, 2016
The deceased spouse wouldnt even do this.. cry
Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by Klamour: 6:00am On Nov 01, 2016
Loyalty and affection.

Unfortunately, this poor cat is more reasonable than some mistakes of a being using fellow humans for ritual somewhere in the West.

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by ibkgab001: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2016
In Nigeria the cat might be tagged "possessed cat"

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 01, 2016
Some animals are better than human beings walahi.

And if Na here, they would have bind and cast the cat or even called it a 'witch cat'.

I personally hate cats thou. They scare me

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by eezeribe(m): 6:28am On Nov 01, 2016
Animals are unconditional friends...

Human beings are fair weather companions

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 01, 2016
See friendship, genuine love coming from animal O.
Humans, hmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Cat Spends A YEAR Living By Dead Owner's Grave by Sirmuel1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
True love.

Not the kind of love we have in Nigeria cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hi Rooms, I Want U People To Advise Me On What I Am About To Ask ........please / Adult Male GSD For Sale / Sold!!!! sold!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.