Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton (697 Views)

Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Donald Trump Leads Hillary Clinton In USA Polls / Hillary Clinton Begs Forgiveness From Rothschilds In Leaked Email! (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DamiBukola: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2016
TAMPA, Fla. — George Gold has voted Democrat in every presidential election since he cast his first ballot for John F. Kennedy
in 1960, but he is breaking the streak this year to back Donald Trump , caught up in the anti-establishment fervor that has
become the Republican nominee’s best hope for a Nov. 8 surge against Democrat Hillary Clinton .
Mr. Gold, a Jewish New Yorker who moved to the Sunshine State two decades ago, is an unexpected rider on the Trump train,
and his unbridled excitement about upending the status quo in Washington demonstrates the enthusiasm gap benefiting Mr.
Trump.
Sponsored Content
Recommended by
“I want a change. I want to shake things up in Washington,” said Mr. Gold, a 78-year-old owner of a small publishing
business. “People in the United States have just had enough. Even if you think there are questions about Trump , the country
needs a change. We are going downhill, and [ Mrs. Clinton] represents the cronyism, the favors, the pay to play.”
Mr. Trump tapped into the anti-establishment undercurrents that have been building in the electorate for decades. He is relying
on the energy of the moment to put him over the top in Florida and other battleground states on his narrow path to the 270
electoral votes needed to take the White House.
The stunning announcement Friday that the FBI has reopened its investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s secret email setup as
secretary of state threatens to widen her enthusiasm gap.
The gap already was recognizable even to Mrs. Clinton’s die-hard supporters.
“I’m not jumping up and down and clapping my hands,” said Willis Williams, 60, a retired federal employee who attended Mrs.
Clinton’s rally last week in a riverside park in downtown Tampa.
He said the rally, which drew several thousand people, would help generate more energy behind the former first lady, U.S.
senator and secretary of state.
“I think it’s going to increase,” Mr. Williams said.
Aubrey Jewett, a political science professor at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, said the disparate enthusiasm levels
could determine the outcome in what appears to be a close race in the state.
A New York Times/Siena poll showed Mr. Trump ahead of Mrs. Clinton by 4 percentage points in Florida, 46 percent to 42
percent. It helped make the Real Clear Politics rolling average of polls in the state a tie.
The polling average showed a virtual dead heat in Ohio, another crucial battleground, with Mr. Trump edging out Mrs. Clinton
by a statistically insignificant 1 percentage point.
“The core Trump supporters are still just rabidly excited about him. It’s just amazing the numbers he is turning out,” said Mr.
Jewett, a researcher on Florida politics. “It reminds me, in an ironic way because they have almost nothing else alike, of Barack
Obama and his first run when he would just get thousands of people showing up and they would get so excited at his events.”
Mr. Obama rode a wave of excitement and thirst for political change to a decisive victory 2008. The enthusiasm — and voter
turnout — decreased in his 2012 re-election win, and the energy level further diminished for Mrs. Clinton.
However, her crowds have grown in the final stretch of the race. Her campaign was taken by surprise by the long line in Tampa.
They had to turn away at least 1,000 supporters because the park was fenced off to accommodate only 2,000 people in front
of the stage.
Still, the Clinton crowd paled in comparison with the more than 20,000 people who filled a nearby amphitheater two days
earlier to see Mr. Trump .
Gesturing to the throng at the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheater, Tom Sachs said he absolutely agreed with Mr. Trump that
the political system is rigged.
“This is proof pudding that the American people are not going to stand for it,” said Mr. Sachs, a 63-year-old jazz musician and
independent voter.
He said he is confident that Mr. Trump will win the White House next week.
Graciela Merrette, 45, a naturalized U.S. citizen who fled the economic and political collapse in Argentina 20 years ago, gave
voice to the urgency of Mr. Trump ’s followers.
“He’ll turn this country around from becoming Third World like where I’m from — Argentina. Lot’s of corruption. Lot’s of lies.
Lot’s of throw bones for one vote and forget you,” she said.
Mrs. Merrette, a devout Catholic, said she wholeheartedly supports Mr. Trump’s plan to build a wall on the southern border
and opposes what she called Mrs. Clinton’s plan to “redistribute wealth.”
“If you’re poor, you’re poor. If you’re rich, you’re rich. You have to do it for yourself,” she said. “That’s something else that
happened in my country.”
Standing in line for the Clinton rally, 84-year-old retiree Bill Beard said he was worried.
“We’re a little nervous. We want to make sure we win,” he said. “That’s why we are here.”
Christina Finell said she was “super excited” to see Mrs. Clinton for what could be her last campaign stop in the area, but she,
too, could see the enthusiasm gap.
“Democrats are a little more low-key than the Republicans can be, except with Obama,” said the 49-year-old businesswoman.
“I think there is a lot of support coming from Democrats, but they’re not as boisterous about it.”

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/30/donald-trump-closes-in-with-enthusiasm-gap-over-hi/
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by Collenshy2020(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2016
trump d puppet of putin, ds US election toh hot gan.
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DropShot: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2016
I think Hillary will still win this somehow. Trump has too narrow way to 270 electoral colleges. Many options for Hillary. She just need to win four of about 11 or 12 battleground states to be president. Ttumps need at least 7 of those states.
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DamiBukola: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:
I think Hillary will still win this somehow. Trump has too narrow way to 270 electoral colleges. Many options for Hillary. She just need to win four of about 11 or 12 battleground states to be president. Ttumps need at least 7 of those states.
She will never win, watch h out.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by Emycord: 7:34am On Nov 01, 2016
Mynd44 sighted on this tread *runs for dear life*
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by Davash222(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2016
If Nigerians had analyzed our presidential elections the way they are Analyzing Trump/Hilary maybe we wouldn't be in this current situation.
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DropShot: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2016
DamiBukola:

She will never win, watch h out.
Lol!

Why "Never"?
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DropShot: 7:48am On Nov 01, 2016
Davash222:
If Nigerians had analyzed our presidential elections the way they are Analyzing Trump/Hilary maybe we wouldn't be in this current situation.
We over analyzed ours sef. And all outcomes affirmed that Jonathan had failed woefully. Move on!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DamiBukola: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

Lol!

Why "Never"?

The FBI revelation about her email by the FBI Director, Comey has damaged her little integrity. America is not Nigeria where the masses vote base on cheap propaganda and tribalism as Nigerians did in the 2015 election.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DropShot: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2016
DamiBukola:

The FBI revelation about her email by the FBI Director, Comey has damaged her little integrity. America is not Nigeria where the masses vote base on cheap propaganda and tribalism as Nigerians did in the 2015 election.

Tell me the new info by Director Comey?

Do you know that 99 past FBI Directors signed a letter to Comey to condemn his action especially when his info lacked any fact?

Trump will need more than a miracle to win Clinton in this election.
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by Davash222(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

We over analyzed ours sef. And all outcomes affirmed that Jonathan had failed woefully. Move on!
Spot on!!! Zombie

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DamiBukola: 7:56am On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

Tell me the new info by Director Comey?

Do you know that 99 past FBI Directors signed a letter to Comey to condemn his action especially when his info lacked any fact?

Trump will need more than a miracle to win Clinton in this election.
They are challenging him because it's against America law to do that days to election, when it will affect the outcome of the election and not because he has no fact.

Stop spreading lies like your party. In America, lies gat no place. All my friends over there have changed their mind on Clinton, I guess you are aware of the latest polls result?

Ohio, Florida all gone to Trump's kit. When we are done with Clinton, we are coming to Nigeria to fight your propaganda party in 2019. Trump shall ensure the downfall of the Islamic empire in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DropShot: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2016
)
DamiBukola:

They are challenging him because it's against America law to do that days to election, when it will affect the outcome of the election and not because he has no fact.

Stop spreading lies like your party. In America, lies gat no place. All my friends over there have changed their mind on Clinton, I guess you are aware of the latest polls result?

Ohio, Florida all gone to Trump's kit. When we are done with Clinton, we are coming to Nigeria to fight your propaganda party in 2019. Trump shall ensure the downfall of the Islamic empire in Nigeria.
Lol!
You carry the mater for head pass Americans sef.

Self deceit is the worst form of deceit. Continue reveling in your self delusion. grin
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by hotwax: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
I pray for Trump everyday. He will end all this islamic sh****ts. Many of our christian black africans are supporting clinton. Clinton is an islamic steward used for islamizing the world just like German vice chancellor. Enough of ISIS

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by homeboy232(m): 3:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Collenshy2020:
trump d puppet of putin, ds US election toh hot gan.
you lack global exposure , 21 century , without global exposure your education knowledge is useless, how is trump a Putin puppet ?? Or are u still under gotv and Dstv slave customers ?? U only think about CNN all your life ?? High level joker

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by PaulIdu: 9:48am On Nov 02, 2016
DropShot:

We rebuke you mouth in Jesus name ..that satanist will never win
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by DropShot: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2016
[s]
PaulIdu:

We rebuke you mouth in Jesus name ..that satanist will never win
[/s]
Re: Donald Trump Closes In With Enthusiasm Gap Over Hillary Clinton by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 02, 2016
Davash222:

Are you saying we would have voted Jonathan again? Oga, abeg park well. I have zero regrets backing Buhari. You should have pressured the IB to perform better if you wanted him to retain his seat.

Meanwhile, I hope and expect Trump to wipe the floor with Clinton. She, just like IB, represent government for the few. The people are taking their government back.

(1) (Reply)

Trump Has Banned Gay Marriage In America / Piper Alpha Disaster- Worst Disaster Ever In The Oil Industry. 06-07-1988 / Sri Lanka Bans Hijab After Easter Multiple Blasts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.