Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,284 members, 7,836,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) (30112 Views)

9 Most Expensive Cars That Were Found Abandoned (PHOTOS) / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / FG To Introduce Speed Cameras On Nigeria’s Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Antoeni(m): 6:56am On Nov 02, 2016
What happened 2 d Assembling Plant in Kaduna, (PAN) dis Nigeria sef
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by dayleke: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Nostalgic.....
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by jozee8: 6:57am On Nov 02, 2016
The more reason why one should practice moderation in all facets of life. The iPhone 7 of today will become the Nokia 3310 of tomorrow cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by muller101(m): 6:58am On Nov 02, 2016
The engine positioning appears rugged. As if its gonna fall off.
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by buchilino(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2016
THOSE WERE D YEARS WEN PEUGEOT WAS BUILDING CARS, THESE DAYS, THEY ONLY BUILD DEATH TRAPS LIKE, 407, 307, 206 ETC.

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 02, 2016
these cars right now are like very expensive.

vintage! !
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by demola7: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2016
dad used 404 for 10yrz
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Young03(m): 7:06am On Nov 02, 2016
old good days
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by InvertedHammer: 7:07am On Nov 02, 2016
One of the greatest inventions in automobile technology is the air-conditioning system. It really changed the game.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by MrPresident1: 7:11am On Nov 02, 2016
datola:
Oko ni Peugeot awe!

Oko ni pijoooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2016
saints2:
Before the arrival of the latest and sleekest cars like Range Rover, Ferrari, Lexus, Peugeot cars have a rapport with Nigerians. Old Peugeot products are trusted, reliable, rugged, long-lasting and haulage beast on diverse terrains of Nigeria. Peugeot 404, 504 and 505 salon cars, wagons and pick-up vans were the preferred automobiles of users and delights of auto mechanics. We do a flashback to beast on Nigeria roads during the 1980s to 1990s, these are not for the Indomie type children.. sit back and relax and we take back to memory lane.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/11/flashback-of-cars-that-rock-nigeria.html
All these cars are still the MUFASA"KING OF AFRICAN ROAD"@KiVuKi Land grin

Gyarbonkar... grin
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by laykhorn(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2016
DropShot:
Peugeot 504 and 505 ruled Nigeria then.

505 was the king of the road before V-Boot, then Honda Hala and Toyota came on stage.

Honda Halla does not belong in that league. It never ruiled Nigerian roads except you are of the opinion Lexus 330 is currently ruling. It was just common but it wasn't the beast of the roads and delight of Nigerians. My dad used it though
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Balkan(m): 7:18am On Nov 02, 2016
Old school

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Mhjgembu: 7:22am On Nov 02, 2016
I still love the car if my president will modernist it back to the country, really
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Skymiyke(f): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Rocked all n still rocking dat 504 bestline till date!
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by limitless777(m): 7:31am On Nov 02, 2016
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO EVERYONE
Please you guys should ignore the rumors that the central bank of Nigeria is trying to use my pic for the proposed new N2000 naira note.
Yes, its true.
BUT I rejected the offer for security reasons.
Thanks 4 ur understanding...
SiGNED

2 Likes

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Psyrus(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Where is the 505 evolution? We called ours the beast then

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by kayzat: 7:34am On Nov 02, 2016
I think my Dad deserve to be awarded a Peugeot lifetime ambassador.

Before my birth he always have at least one or two Peugeot brand in his garage . from 404, 505,504 classic, bestline etc to 406,307 etc.

He's a super Peugeot lover.

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by tete7000(m): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Yomieluv:
Old thing shall pass away..

Life is transient.

That says it all. Wish men can stop being materialistic. Only God remains unchanging.

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by jaybixy: 7:48am On Nov 02, 2016
Have a friends dad that still prefers his 504 wagon, to his chervee optima 2014 model undecided

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by EzeeYFB(m): 8:06am On Nov 02, 2016
saints2:
Before the arrival of the latest and sleekest cars like Range Rover, Ferrari, Lexus, Peugeot cars have a rapport with Nigerians. Old Peugeot products are trusted, reliable, rugged, long-lasting and haulage beast on diverse terrains of Nigeria. Peugeot 404, 504 and 505 salon cars, wagons and pick-up vans were the preferred automobiles of users and delights of auto mechanics. We do a flashback to beast on Nigeria roads during the 1980s to 1990s, these are not for the Indomie type children.. sit back and relax and we take back to memory lane.

Source:
omo 504 is classic mehn
Still want it and love-vendor it
Matte black paint job
Upgrade dashboard
Auto. Transmission
RED leather seat and interior
Trust me still got some tins in mind for it
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by formular123triol(m): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2016
505 #evolution was used by managers & directors then,am still much in love with the car till today.
some rich class also used #MB 200 straight & flat engine,datsun laurel,daewoo racer/espero then.
these cars were very fast & rugged with super 6-cylinder engine like that of a trailer or train.
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Burgerlomo: 8:24am On Nov 02, 2016
datola:
Oko ni Peugeot awe!

Oko ni Pijo awe

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by zumbigbo(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2016
EzeeYFB:
omo 504 is classic mehn
Still want it and love-vendor it
Matte black paint job
Upgrade dashboard
Auto. Transmission
RED leather seat and interior
Trust me still got some tins in mind for it

Brother from another mother. I love that 504 and still want to push one. It's still used extensively in Senegal, they call it 'sept places' or seven seater for long haul taxi journeys. Can we still find them for Naija, I want to buy an old one and upgrade seriously. Dat chrome body, if it hit one of these new model cars, I know who go cry grin grin grin
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by blackboy2star(m): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2016
504 SR grin
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by EzeeYFB(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2016
zumbigbo:

Brother from another mother. I love that 504 and still want to push one. It's still used extensively in Senegal, they call it 'sept places' or seven seater for long haul taxi journeys. Can we still find them for Naija, I want to buy an old one and upgrade seriously. Dat chrome body, if it hit one of these new model cars, I know who go cry grin grin grin
na so ooo my brother I hear they still sell them ooo. There is someone I got looking out one, will let you know bro?
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by dustydee: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2016
New 508

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by Rayplanet(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2016
Peugeot cars were specifically built for Nigeria roads.
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by lonelydora: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2016
beycity:
The 504 was my dream car back then...

505 evolution was my dream car then.
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by wasuka14(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2016
saints2:

Source:
Peugeot products are very rugged and obedient servant. Till today they are still the best for 9ja.
Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by shumuel(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2016
snipesdam:
I just didn't like the car. It's face looks angry...

Always loved Toyota Crown and Corona

hahaha Lol grin i thought i was the only one that noticed, the 504 looks like an angry Snakes face , i remember when i was little i always get scared of it whenever it was ignited, that sound holds power.

1 Like

Re: Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos) by wasuka14(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2016
saints2:

Source:
I vividly remember when my uncle brought peugeot 404 to take us to my grand ma village in 1985 for the burial of my great grand ma. I can't easilly forget the fun of that day. Is like flying first class in an emirates airline today. Wow!!! What a set of cars.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bentley Reveals 207-mph 2020 Flying Spur,The World's Fastest Production Sedan / On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP / Bugatti Reveals ₦1billion Luxury Yacht To Match The Chiron (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.