Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses (13950 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US / A Doctor Reveals The Only Thing That Truly Separates Doctors From Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by NurEmperor(m): 9:57am On Nov 01, 2016
The National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives has urged the Federal Government to establish a national post graduate college for nurses in order to enhance the training of high-level manpower in the profession.

The National President of NANNM, Mr. Abdrafiu Adeniji, said this in Osogbo on Sunday during a briefing at the end of the sixth Quadrennial National Delegate Conference of the association.

Adeniji said that the establishment of the college would impact positively on the quality of health delivery in the country, adding that government should expedite action on the establishment of the school.

He said, “Our association has requested the establishment of the school we call the National Post Graduate College of Nursing.

“We have made the request to the Federal Ministry of Health and the idea has been accepted. It has been referred to the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria for consideration and appropriate processing.

“If the college is established, the manpower and human resources development needed for health and nursing will be complemented and upgraded to a better status.”

He said the association would ensure the implementation of the approval given to graduates of nursing sciences for internship.

He also urged the government to provide adequate equipment and infrastructure in health institutions to ensure the proper training of nurses and midwives.

Adeniji said, “Lack of infrastructure and working tools in the health sector should be addressed because almost all the health institutions in the country lack adequate infrastructural and functional equipment. The implication is that qualified health professionals do not have the necessary equipment to work with.

“We implore the government not to pay lip service to the development of our health institutions but ensure that our institutions are adequately equipped and that health professionals manning them especially nurses and midwives are adequately remunerated.”

source
http://www.nursingworldnigeria.com/2016/11/establish-postgraduate-college-for-nurses-nannm-tells-govt

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by fratermathy(m): 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
It's a good and welcome development. We need more professional nurses in Nigeria and this will greatly reduce the brain drain that is currently ongoing in the nursing sector.

Nurses should also be well catered for. The Nigerian government gives priority to only doctors. Nurses do the main work and their job is not easy. They should be encouraged.

Lalasticlala: since your refused to move my thread (https://www.nairaland.com/3434432/urhobo-niger-delta-ndgjm-militant) to frontpage, atleast encourage nurses by moving this one there.
Cc: Dominique

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Vaxt(m): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
Say OLUWA O
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Pavore9: 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
A good development.
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by jeeqaa7(m): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
NO NEED.. GIVE THEM JOBS ,,,, ITS NO FUN TO BE IN SCHOOL IN NAIJA
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
Welcomed development!!!
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
When we were growing up,they used to tell us that education is the key to success, now we have that key only to find out that
the government has changed the padlock.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by dexterinc2003: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Umh...can someone enlighten me ...or am i the only one who thinks nurses want a residency program...isorai!!! At least my cousin will be consultant nurse. grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Consultville(m): 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good development
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by fbabs(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
eyin noosi e ku oriire
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Mrfranon: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
Wat a good move by fg
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by mightyrocket(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good news
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by saint047(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
May the gesture never be inconclusive ijn
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by registration(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Okay Nice
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Maxvasia(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
Waste of time. Everyone wants to be Doctor without having to go through the rigors of medical school. Everybody wants to reap where he did not sow. When ppl wer filling jamb form where were these ppl? I laff in spanglish. Ntn will even come out of it. No need

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by eleojo23: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Vaxt(m): 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Asa- fire on the mountain
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Codes151(m): 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
NurEmperor:
1forall ,
CrazyMan
lalasticlala
bro seun
desy24444
HaneefahRN
ferdinandurian
Olusanm
luvissweet2f
Cholls
RaeMystix
feyimen
lanxebony
Nzeh12
it's obvious this poster is jobless! Are this the fg representatives or nurses?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by drberry(m): 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
A step in the right direction. If it sails through, professionalism among Nigerian Nurses will be upheld and Nigerian Nurses will be able to compete effectively with their colleagues in other countries.
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Boodide: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Vaxt:
Say OLUWA O
I saw it somewhere too
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Originalsly: 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Misleading headline. It is only a proposal. There is no shortage of internationally qualified and respected Nigerian personnel abroad that would be willing to return to share their expertise. But is the FG willing to commit to provide the necessary infrastructure and equipment. ..or just prefer our medical needs to be provided by foreign institutions? I hope they agree... but I'm not holding my breath.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Tinynita(f): 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
I pray govt looks into it
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by drberry(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Maxvasia:
Waste of time. Everyone wants to be Doctor without having to go through the rigors of medical school. Everybody wants to reap where he did not sow. When ppl wer filling jamb form where were these ppl? I laff in spanglish. Ntn will even come out of it. No need
I don't blame you! Where in the post did you see "doctor" mentioned? You see something good and rather than applaud the efforts, you badmouth it. Why will good things happen to you? Rubbish!

10 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Lagusta(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
dexterinc2003:
Umh...can someone enlighten me ...or am i the only one who thinks nurses want a residency program...isorai!!! At least my cousin will be consultant nurse. grin

Na wetin dey be dat ooo....
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Lagusta(m): 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
drberry:

I don't blame you! Where in the post did you see "doctor" mentioned? You see something good and rather than applaud the efforts, you badmouth it. Why will good things happen to you? Rubbish!

Oga take am easy nah, even in the USA there is nothing like residency training for nurses.....

They do their masters and doctorate and become nurse practitioners.....

So why all this bragging....

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by drberry(m): 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lagusta:

Oga take am easy nah, even in the USA there is nothing like residency training for nurses.....

They do their masters and doctorate and become nurse practitioners.....

So why all this bragging....
So anything that is not in US is not supposed to be obtained in Nigeria abi?

Go to Australia, India et al and see if they don't have PG Colleges for Nurses.

By the way, who says Nigerian Nurses don't do MSC and PhD??

6 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Maxvasia(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
drberry:

Good things have already happened to me and i am fulfilled. I dnt know abt u. But if you are truly a Doctor as ur username suggests, i will not join the stupidity of Doctors who busy themselves fighting against eachother while the rest of the health sector unite amongst themselves which has brought us to where we are today. Therefore i will not reply ur insult even tho i know i may well not be ur mate in any way. I am a Doctor too and come what may i will always respect my colleagues, no matter how big i am and i will always say the truth even wer others dnt see it. Good day

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Lagusta(m): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2016
drberry:

So anything that is not in US is not supposed to be obtained in Nigeria abi?

Go to Australia, India et al and see if they don't have PG Colleges for Nurses.

By the way, who says Nigerian Nurses don't do MSC and PhD??

My brother calm down, I didn't say Nigerian nurses don't do msc and phD, at least I've worked with a foreign trained nurse that has a phD.....

And eerrrrmm, do they do nursing residency at India and Australia?? Abeg bring evidence make we all learn......
Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by drberry(m): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Maxvasia:
Good things have already happened to me and i am fulfilled. I dnt know abt u. But if you are truly a Doctor as ur username suggests, i will not join the stupidity of Doctors who busy themselves fighting against eachother while the rest of the health sector unite amongst themselves which has brought us to where we are today. Therefore i will not reply ur insult even tho i know i may well not be ur mate in any way. I am a Doctor too and come what may i will always respect my colleagues, no matter how big i am and i will always say the truth even wer others dnt see it. Good day
For starters, I meant no insult. If you felt slighted, I apologize. Secondly whereas there is rancor amongst doctors, it's also no secret that the same doctors lead the opposition against other members of the health sector (I'm sure you should know better). What's the fear about if nurses, pharmacists, Med lab scientists, et al want to improve and match up with other colleagues globally? Nigerian doctors are firstly the problems of Healthcare sector in Nigeria due to their selfish and self serving reasons. No apologies!

10 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by drberry(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lagusta:

My brother calm down, I didn't say Nigerian nurses don't do msc and phD, at least I've worked with a foreign trained nurse that has a phD.....

And eerrrrmm, do they do nursing residency at India and Australia?? Abeg bring evidence make we all learn......

I said they have PG colleges of Nursing.... I didn't talk of residency, neither did the original post talk about residency for Nigerian nurses. Thanks..

PS
Google is your friend if you need evidences for post graduate colleges of Nursing in those mentioned countries. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Postgraduate College For Nurses by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
Maxvasia:

How does a nurse having a post graduate professional degree amount to being a doctor.? Do nurses nt have te right to purse academic and professional advancement? Do they not have the right to expand their scope of knowledge and practice? Bros y e dey pain u na? Trust me it ll happen within five years. The lobbying has begun.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. / Africa Is Experiencing “brain Gain” As Young Elite Graduates Give Up On The West / Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.