Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis (22418 Views)

Court Declines To Stop PDP Convention / Court Declines To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Others On Bail / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by masterpiece86: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
A ruling of the Court of Appeal expected to be delivered on Tuesday afternoon has been suspended.

Court officials told journalists at the court premises that the ruling was suspended following a petition against the judges accusing them of bias.

No new date has been fixed for the ruling.
Two factions of the party led by former Kaduna State governor, Ahmed Makarfi, and former Borno State governor, Ali Sheriff, have for months battled in court over the leadership of the PDP.
As part of that battle, the faction led by Mr. Makarfi had approached the Appeal Court to seek nullification of previous decisions by a Federal High Court presided over by Okon Abang which has affected that faction’s candidate for the November 26 election in Ondo state.
Mr. Abang had on October14 given an order in furtherance of his June 29 decision where he had asked the Independent National Electoral commission, INEC, to recognise the faction led by Mr. Sheriff.
In his October 14 ruling, Mr. Abang nullified the listing by INEC of the candidate of Mr. Makarfi’s faction, Eyitayo Jegede, for the Ondo state governorship election.
The judge said the decision was premised on his June 29 judgement where his court declared as null and void the proceedings of the PDP convention which appointed a caretaker committee with Mr. Makarfi as chairman.
Shortly after that decision, the Makarfi caretaker committee approached the appellate court to demand a stay of execution of Mr. Abang’s October 14 decision.
At that time, Mr. Jegede had been recognised by INEC as the party’s flag bearer and the supporters of the Makarfi-led faction said the status quo should be maintained, pending the determination of their appeal at the appellate court.
Mr. Jegede also approached Mr. Abang’s court, according to the rules of the Federal High Court, to seek his permission to appeal the October 14 judgement. That appeal was denied by Mr. Abang on October 27.
During his ruling on Mr. Jegede’s application, Mr. Abang reiterated his decision that Mr. Ibrahim remains the authentic candidate for the PDP in the coming election of Ondo State.
In deference to the October 27 decision of the Federal High Court, INEC withdrew its recognition of Mr. Jegede and had him replaced by Mr. Ibrahim.
Consequently Mr. Jegede and other members of the party from Mr. Makarfi’s faction made further appeals to the Appeal Court demanding that it strikes out the June 29 ruling by the Federal High Court as well as that of October 14.
No new date has been fixed for the Court of Appeal ruling.
INEC had said Mr. Ibrahim would remain the candidate of the party in Ondo until a ruling of the appeal court.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/214189-breaking-appeal-court-declines-rule-pdp-crisis.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by masterpiece86: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Upper cut to Makarfi, Fayose, General Mimiko and anointed Jegede

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by yeyeboi(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by phemmie06(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
When he won't want to be arrested

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Clerverly: 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
Premium Reporters Is Wrong here: Court Cannot Reserve or Suspend Judgement in a Case That Has Not Been Heard!

The Judge Simply Washed His Hands Off The Case, Thereby Returning The Case File To Appeal Court President For Reassignment...

And The Cycle Will Continue, Just Like Nnamdi Kanu's Case Vs The "Zoo"....and At The End Of The Day, The Election Would Come And Go....

Death To PDP!

[size=15pt]IStandWithJimoh[/size]

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by agabusta: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chai, wetin Ali Modu Sheriff dey do PDP no good oh.

It has become obvious that they cant just wish Sheriff away. They have to look for a way to pacify him and then elect a neutral person as the party chairman.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Babatundecash(m): 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Pls,can someone tell Pdp,Jimoh and Jegede how many days left for the Election to take place in Ondo state.....any way OTUN!!! OTUN!!! NI OOO!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by TippyTop(m): 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Judges are now afraid to do their work thanks to Presidiot Buhari.
I know General Clueless won't just kill the economy, the dullard is here to kill all institutions including the Judiciary.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by DropShot: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Whatever that can put PDP in disarray is welcomed by me.

Death to the party that brought us into the mess we're in.

grin grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by drss2(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
i no talk am i said only supreme court can resolve dis crisis cos all d oda courts including court of appeal have been compromised.
bye bye independent judiciary. as it stands, all courts in nigeria (except supreme court) ar under d control of buari dullard's govt.
welcome to idi amin's regime of justice.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by ORACLE1975(m): 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
I beg na which season be that?
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Bujumbura(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

grin grin
I only see a KIDult doing what he likes best

9 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by ObikeNkem: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
We Igbos support the PDP Chairmanship position and 2019 presidential ambition of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Pidggin(f): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
Who wants to be arrested by DSS?

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Clerverly: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
lalasticlala come and bless Jimoh and Sheriff

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Nychillax(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2016

See bomb,I laugh in Swahili.....

Quite obvious that it would be a walkover for Aketi.

#softwork.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Clerverly: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
Pidggin:
Who wants to be arrested by DSS?

You are right! If it were in the times of Jonathan D Corrupt, the Judge Would Have Smiled To Bank, With At least A Billion Naira From Mimiko angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Pidggin(f): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
Clerverly:

You are right! If it were in the times of Jonathan D Corrupt, the Judge Would Have Smiled To Bank, With At least A Billion Naira From Mimiko angry

Not likely, how are we sure Amaechi is not trying to solicit for their favorable judgement on behalf of his oga? You know oga never likes to lose elections. Have you forgotten that Sherrif is Baba's in-law?

6 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
Amazing decision...

INEC had said Mr. Ibrahim would remain the candidate of the party in Ondo until a ruling of the appeal court. shocked shocked shocked

I like that part grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by MrMcJay(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
ok

8 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by kabula(f): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

grin grin

see English
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
M
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Guyman02: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
The biggest mistake of PDP was appointing Ali Modu Sheriff who just decamped from APC as their National Chairman.
Sheriff has become the proverbial fly that perched on the scrotum 'blockos' of PDP which you have to handle with care or you break your balls if you try to hit it with angergrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Sylfa1(f): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Babatundecash:
Pls,can someone tell Pdp,Jimoh and Jegede how many days left for the Election to take place in Ondo state.....any way OTUN!!! OTUN!!! NI OOO!!!

APC DON WIN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Abimloaded(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
I have nothing serious to comment.
The poster below might do.
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by ajoskele(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Someone is teaching Mimiko the real politics.
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by Lasskeey: 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
grin

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by 4nobody4every1: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

grin grin
cool

8 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by DropShot: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
kabula:

see English
Help me correct it please. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by robminds: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
celebration time for APC , but wailing time for PDP. However, i think the writing is clear someone somewhere is scared of PDP in that election.

At the end of the day, both APC and PDP may loose it to AD. Bc I see Aggrieved Makarfi PDP supporters voting against Jimoh and APC then vote Olushola Oke of AD. Just thinking aloud tho.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by kings09(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis by shamecurls(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
TippyTop:
Judges are now afraid to do their work thanks to Presidiot Buhari.
I know General Clueless won't just kill the economy, the dullard is here to kill all institutions including the Judiciary.

I just pray his policies will kill u too....

Being the FTC when your obituary hits the front page of Nairaland will be an honour.

....then we can say Buhari killed you and the economy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin / President Buhari Arrives Daura (Photos) / Onnoghen: Falana Accuses NBA Of Playing Double Standard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.