Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) (1088 Views)

Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019 / Nigeria Fighting Corruption With 19th Century Methods / Nigeria Fighting Corruption With 19th Century Methods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by bukifemi1: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
An official of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, UNODC, Stephen Anderson, on Monday in Lagos said the poor conviction rate of corruption cases in the country is because of outdated investigation and prosecution means used by the law enforcement agencies.
Mr Anderson, an expert in investigation and prosecution, told journalists during the workshop on Corruption Casework and Anti-Money Laundering, where he was one of the facilitators, that law enforcement agencies in the country still use 19th Century means, logistics and technology to investigate and prosecute corruption cases which were committed with 21th Century methods.

“What I do believe is that corruption in Nigerian, as it is around the world is a 21 Century problem. Corruption uses a 21th Century method. But I think, in Nigeria one of the problems is that we are investigating 21th Century crimes with 19th Century technology; with 19th Century means; with 19th Century logistics; not even 20th Century, 19th Century,” said Mr Anderson, who worked with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) between 2013 and 2015.

He said that the outdated approach used by law enforcement agencies put them at a disadvantage when investigating and prosecuting high-tech corruption cases.

“As a result, it is difficult for investigators and prosecutors. It’s hard for them to get all the evidence that they need. It’s hard for them to get all the document they need. It is hard for them to get all the electronic means that they need. So, it is very difficult for investigators to get all the tools they need. Even simple things like gas millage so that they can go speaking with witnesses. There is a problem with go getting documents because often when they go to banks for documents banks claim they are unavailable, or banks tip-off the suspects...

http://thenigerialawyer.com/nigeria-fighting-corruption-with-19th-century-method-unodc/

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by yeyeboi(m): 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by INTROVERT(f): 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
angry
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by Mentcee(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Buhari =pig

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by sarrki(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
I agree

However I believe strongly we

Will get there one day

A journey of a thousand miles

Starts with a step

1 Like

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by sarrki(m): 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mentcee:
Buhari =pig

If you wanna play opposition

Play it with dignity not ranting

It shows frustration in one

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by Kabashin: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
sarrki:

If you wanna play opposition

Play it with dignity not ranting

It shows frustration in one

What useless dignity . My friend get out of here.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by sarrki(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
Kabashin:

What useless dignity . My friend get out of here.

Calm down and make your point

Here is not where you can come and display

The motor park attitude

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by Kabashin: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
sarrki:

Calm down and make your point

Here is not where you can come and display

The motor park attitude

Shut the hell up. Buhari is a pig.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by sarrki(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Kabashin:

Shut the hell up. Buhari is a pig.

By their fruit you shall know them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by Luckylife(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
What do we expect when they voted 19 century president in 21st century. Simply put one step forward but three step backwards.
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by truefact: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
sarrki:

You are deputy chief dull zombie..
You have never made any concrete statement NL in support your baboon body odor lord... you must be a dull illiterate zombie

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
L O L O L O L O White America assassinate my character cheesy grin

Naija always falling my hand!

That's how I was at the station one day to sort out an accident and I saw chickens running around in the station undecided

Chickens!!!!!

There are chickens in the trees,
There are chickens in the trees.
Won't you listen to me, please
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by otil1: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
That was until Buhari came and took charge....
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by otil1: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
....and took it further back to 17th Century grin grin grin

Catch am; arrest am; al before investiation.

God help Nigeria
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by sarrki(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
truefact:

You are deputy chief dull zombie..
You have never made any concrete statement NL in support your baboon body odor lord... you must be a dull illiterate zombie

Thats what we call been patriotic

Which you can never get from a sociopath
Re: Nigeria fighting corruption with 19th Century method – UNODC (PIX) by Kabashin: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
sarrki:

Abeg go and sit down

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me! I Overpaid Delta State Government / Buhari's Incessant Breaks/Medical Trips: Fayose And Others Are Now Vindicated / Nigeria’s Total Debt Profile Rises To N17.4trn From N2tn In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.