Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi (10933 Views)

Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Nigeria To Become 30th Largest Economy By 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by maxsiollun: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2009
Vanguard (Lagos)
Nigeria: Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi

25 October 2009

The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Lamido Sanusi, has projected that the Nigerian economy will be bigger than that of South African by 2012. Sanusi said at the policy dialogue of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group on Friday in Lagos that his projections were based on the growth of the gross domestic products (GDP) of the two countries. The governor, who was visibly taken aback by the reaction of the audience, said: "I am the CBN governor, people should believe me and show some respect".

On the larger economy, Sanusi described as unfortunate the national economic growth without the manufacturing sector. He said that while the CBN remained disposed to a shift in lending to the manufacturing sector, "we will not support policies that will compel commercial banks to be exposed to the challenges facing manufacturing sector

The manufacturing sector is seriously challenged by the absence of power, tariff regime and policy that encourages dumping of foreign goods in Nigeria," he said. Sanusi, who singled out the nation's textile industry as the most challenged, said that the collapse of that sector exposed banks to huge non-performing loans.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Abagworo(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2009
funny indeed.nigeria is now atmosphere of miracles and sanusi the general overseer.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by ProAnti: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2009
YES WE CAN

I BELIEVE!
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by back2back(f): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2009
The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Lamido Sanusi, has projected that the Nigerian economy will be bigger than that of South African by 2012.

This fellow is full of CRAP!!!

He should be removed as CBN Governor for that statement.

What pack of non-sense.

Why do we always believe ROME was built in a day?
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by yoruba: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2009
The IMF(International Monetary Fund) predicts Egypt will take over from SA by 2013 and not Nigeria. Egypt is not experiencing a recession and its expected to grow larger than SA by 2013.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Beaf: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
maxsiollun:

. . .The governor, who was visibly taken aback by the reaction of the audience, said: "I am the CBN governor, people should believe me and show some respect". . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Poor sharia loving dude.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by OvieE: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2009
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by zillonnair(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
Its actually possible, only if they can fix the power problems. If Nigeria overcomes her power problem next year, (which i doubt, not that we cant, but lack of political will might not allow us solve this problem), by 2011 we would be meeting up with the biggest economy in Africa and the following year we would be flying, do not be deceived, Nigeria is a potential China in Africa, power is the only, singular issue to industrialisation in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Nezan(m): 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2009
Who was denying his governorship of the CBN?
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by ProAnti: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nezan:

Who was denying his governorship of the CBN?

Beaf
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Beaf: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
^
Abeg free me o! grin
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by sleak(m): 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2009
this is such a joke.if not for sharia,would av said he was high on some eclectic liquor.
Nigeria is still struggling with provision of adequate power to its citizenry,little or no motorable roads,the list of infrastructural decay goes on,he is talking about aving a bigger economy than a country dat produces in a significantly large percentage most of what it uses in 2 years, as someone rightly said,naija is atmosphere for miracle n that dude is the G.O. he would soon recommend 2 years of dry fast n rigoous prayer session as the main economic plan to c us achieve this VISION grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Megadeals: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2009
Yes indeed. Powered by diesel generators.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by otukpo(f): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2009
It is true, if our leaders can put all the resources into good use and develpoment of infrastructures instead of wiring them into foreign account.

There is hope for Nigeria and i believe if all of us are determined to salvage this nation, we can achieve that sooner than we imagined.

pls be positive.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by ufot(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
zillonnair:

Its actually possible, only if they can fix the power problems. If Nigeria overcomes her power problem next year, (which i doubt, not that we cant, but lack of political will might not allow us solve this problem), by 2011 we would be meeting up with the biggest economy in Africa and the following year we would be flying, do not be deceived, Nigeria is a potential China in Africa, power is the only, singular issue to industrialisation in Nigeria.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
This is !100% correct. Give the people the opportunity and businesses will florish. If the so called goverment can channel most of its resources to this one thing, the sky will be the limit. THANK U ZILLONAIR
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by cvibe: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
If the 6,000 MW pomised by Yar Adua translates into steady 24hr power supply, then it's possible.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Beaf: 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2009
cvibe:

If the 6,000 MW pomised by Yar Adua translates into steady 24hr power supply, then it's possible.

Nobody has started building anything, it is just promises as usual.

[size=14pt]Prepare your kerosene lanterns, 2013 is just two years away![/size]
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by sjeezy8: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2009
I dont know about 2012 but its definately possible in the future.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by ufot(m): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
cvibe:

Is the 6000 MW for Lagos or the whole country, WTF is that??
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by ProAnti: 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nigerians are too pessimistic! Haba!!!

6000MW by Jan 2010 is very possible.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
Only a fool will be doing same thing, and expect a different result. . . what has he done that is different from all his predececors, i guess he just hope he can sit on the mat and pray and wallaaaaaa, everything has changed.
These guys are comedians.
I think someone needs to tell this dude that, you dont demand respect, you earn it.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by OvieE: 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
This people don't seem to surprise me anymore. Talk is cheaper than producing it. Sanusi will roast in hell just mark my word.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by KnowAll(m): 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi

As long as all the Bode Goerge’s in PDP, are behind bars. N84 Billion or $500 dollars million will build the Cape Town world cup Stadium, Joborg Stadium and the Durban Stadium. Otherwise in 2012, Nigeria will be worse than pirate prone and war ravaged Somalia if care is not taken.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Johnokon(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2009
the world is obviously coming to an end. Indeed it is an atmosphere country for of miracles. Are Nigerians actually dafts of visibly look like one. How can we be taken on such wild speculative ride? embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry a minister in deed! These are kind of utterances that make the entity Nigeria rediculous before developed objective and analytical civilizations. Little wonder his audience were dumbfounded. They knew they were not in the church, albeit. christ embassy.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by AjanleKoko: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
zillonnair:

Even with the power problems resolved (which isn't possible by 2010 anyway, since you would want to look at legislation towards liberalizing the sector, getting operators to come on board, plant rollouts, etc, etc), where is the industrial base going to come from?
There is a global crisis out there. Asides that, our corporate image will need some serious repairing, not that embarrasing effort from Dora. 2012 is round the corner. Come on.

On a lighter note, pundits are predicting the end of the world as we know it on the 21st December 2012, according to Nostradamos' predictions. Maybe it'll take a cataclysmic event of those proportions to even out the score, no?
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by sleak(m): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
i pray dey can meet the 6000mw by jan 2010.it would atleast,if not anything, show dat the government can meet a set target.
however,they should be reminded that the country he is predicting to surpass is generating about 40000MW now n is already working towards doubling this so as to further drive its economy.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Ben13: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2009
hmmm . . we pray so.
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by temmytanny(m): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2009
it is possible but not in 2012 and not under YARDULL and SANUKI
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
maxsiollun:

The governor, who was visibly taken aback by the reaction of the audience, said: "I am the CBN governor, people should believe me and show some respect".

CLASS STAND! GREET!
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by back2back(f): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2009

This must be a joke.

It is not possible in 20years for Nigeria economy to outgrow South Africa.

SA uses 17million MW and Nigeria uses only 3,000MW.

How do Sanusi/Yaradull plan to raise 17,000,000MW in 20years?

OBJ spent $16billion in 8years and produced only 3000MW

These guys in Government have no CLUE!
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by Spyker: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
Why is Sanusu comparing Nigerian's economy with South Africa. I tried purchasing some items online (South African websites) and after filling my tray, my request for denied since according to them, they cannot ship to Nigeria. See, even South Africa is behaving like Europe and America.
I believe we can change the way our economy is gradually but anyone who fixes a date or a particular year is a dreamer, hence Sanusi is a dreamer. 2012 you say, wake up Sanusi, like my fellow Nairalanders say, why not start with constant power by 2012 and the economy will pick up on its on.

Sanu-fever, after turning EFCC to debt recovery agency, do you want to turn Nigerians to time keepers (lets watch and see 2012 come and we will still be talking about Nigerian economy)
WAKE UP SANUSI, I SAY WAKE UP, YOU MUST BE DREAMING
Re: Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi by AloyEmeka6: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nigerias economy is bigger than South Africas economy right now. South africa only have better logistics to steer there own around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnapped ESUT VC Finally Released / Sanwo-Olu Didn't Stop Anyone From Visiting Train Accident Vitims - LASUTH / U.S. To Approve Attack Aircraft For Nigeria In Boko Haram Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.