Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,888 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs (17316 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs / FG to allocate oil blocs to skilled people from Niger Delta – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by sochukwuiwu: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
The Best thing is to have development commissions for all zones. each zone should have a plan and approved by the senate. Money released must be made public and each region will be responsible for their development and will ensure accountability from the officials.
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by mikolo80: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
Yehman:
I doubt if these people are truly the Niger delta leaders. Oil blocs for what? Oil blocs will only leave u with few billionaires here and there. Even if they give 50 to 100 Niger deltans oil blocs, my conclusion is that...the life of average person in Niger delta region would not change.

Why not request for fiscal federalism with highly competitive units. And this is where I blame the citizens of this country. Our main problem is the concoction in Abuja and the youths are keeping quiet, worst-still, placing all their hopes on one old man with dust in the brain. I weep for my country
#TeamTrueFedralism
who Moyam chop oyel moni? You think they are there for anybody but themselves. It's survival off the fittest when it comes to oil money
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Guyman02:

You ignoramus, Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu who led the coup is from present day Delta State and a Niger Deltan. HE is a true Igbo son from the Niger Delta

Your Nzeogwu died in 1967 as an Igbo man. Delta state was created in 1991. Did you eat an extra plate of stupidity today?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by Ugosample(m): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
MyGeneration:
If this is the kind of reasoning most igbos hv... We are gone.
People who reason like that honestly makes me ashamed to be Igbo sometimes....
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Martins301:

Gentlemen, I am sure that you are aware the the first coup led by Nzeogwu too place in January 1966.

I am sure you are also aware that Nzeogwu was from Okpanam (An Anioma community close to Asaba in Delta state).

I am sure you triplets know that Delta state was created in 1991 and that Okapanam (Anioma land) was joined with parts of Bendel state to form Delta state.

Now is it that you trio forgot that Okpanam was formally part of present day Anambra state (Igbo land) before they were sliced of (Anioma) to form Delta state?

Why are you people trying to rewrite history with lies?
You need to go back to history school. Anioma was never part of Anambra, on or before the civil war. Anioma has always been tagged as Western Igbo, or Mid-Western Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by CandyDiamond(f): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
QuotaSystem:
But why are the iPods suffering from severe anal pains at the realization that Niger Deltans are now securing their destiny within Nigeria and are negotiating with Buhari in order to support his government and end militancy in the creeks?

This move by the ND elders must feel like a HOT slap across the face of IPAD's, because it clearly implies that they want their future to be within Nigeria, and are asking for oil blocs for themselves and no one else.

I pray PMB gives them the blocs.

Somebody begging to taste a spring water that is flowing in his backyard,is it not total madness to the highest level shocked cool shocked

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by Ugik(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
I think Niger delta is beginning to understand the core rudiments of politics.for long they
(Niger delta) and also my south East brothers have been playing partisan politics where differences are set aside and party affiliation becomes the rudiment for political support. Now,Niger delta is playing development politics where differences are ironed out and addressed. The call for oil bloc ownership is a welcome initiative as it forms part of resource allocation. But the focal point is if it will be a private or joint community ownership.Whichever way it goes,its a plus to the region and a step in the right direction.
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by immazion: 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
the news is not complete wat about obeyin courts oder is among the 16 point. nigeria news na woah
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by immazion: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
bukifemi1:
I ‘ve no quick solution to Niger -Delta problem-Buhari
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA – Stakeholders from the Niger Delta region of the country have demanded that the region be included in the sharing and ownership of the oil blocs in the country.

This was among the set of 16 demands pressed on President Muhammadu Bahari at a crucial meeting in Abuja Tuesday

Other demands included the review of the presidential amnesty Programme, Relocation of Administrative and Operational Headquarters of IOCs

to the area of operation, the approval of Maritime University, Strengthening the Niger Delta Ministry, resuscitation of Key regional critical

infrastructures, the resentment of Bakassi indigenes, restructuring and funding of the NNDC. Others were the introduction of fiscal federalism,

economic development and empowerment of Niger delta people, improvement of power supply, security surveillance and protection of oil and

gas infrastructure, meeting the immediate need of the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, the effect of increased military presence in the Niger

delta and The Ogoni clean-up and environmental remediation. Rising from the meeting which lasted about 3 hours at the council chambers of

the presidential villa, Abuja on Tuesday, the leaders who were galvanized under the aegis of Pan Niger Delta Forum led by chief Edwin Clarke

stated that the issues were critical to finding lasting peace in Niger Delta.

More details soon

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/niger-delta-leaders-buhari-want-oil-blocs/
wat about obeyin courts oder is among the 16 point nija news na woah
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by CandyDiamond(f): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ugik:
I think Niger delta is beginning to understand the core rudiments of politics.for long they
(Niger delta) and also my south East brothers have been playing partisan politics where differences are set aside and party affiliation becomes the rudiment for political support. Now,Niger delta is playing development politics where differences are ironed out and addressed. The call for oil bloc ownership is a welcome initiative as it forms part of resource allocation. But the focal point is if it will be a private or joint community ownership.Whichever way it goes,its a plus to the region and a step in the right direction.
They are just greedy elders looking for their pocket, the masses of Niger Delta have dissociated themselves from such request
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by lereinter(m): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
good that nigerdeltans should ve oil blocs

during their son's era why didnt they ask then am thinking it would ve been easier then to get it..
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by Ugik(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
CandyDiamond:

They are just greedy elders looking for their pocket, the masses of Niger Delta have dissociated themselves from such request

hahahahahaha...the requests are good but the issue of oil bloc ownership, even if it will be owned by the bourgeois, I still believe the region will benefit from it still
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by laudate: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ugik:
hahahahahaha...the requests are good but the issue of oil bloc ownership, even if it will be owned by the bourgeois, I still believe the region will benefit from it still

Do you realise that there are quite a number of Niger-Delta indigenes that already own oil blocks? How has the ownership benefited their people? It is one thing to be allocated an oil block, and another thing to be able to put together adequate technical & financial resources to prospect for crude, undertake exploration activities and recover oil in commercial quantity. undecided

The idea that if oil blocks are awarded to ND indigenes, it would lead to a transformation of their communities and people, is negated by the reality on the ground and rooted in fallacy. sad Their mentality needs to change first, while the principle of accountability needs to be entrenched.

Have you ever tried to carry out a project in the Niger-Delta before? Then you must have parted with some hard cash which would run into thousands or hundreds of thousands, before your project can take off. Such fees are called 'Community Development Fees' or Deve, for short. These communities collect such funds from all & sundry on a regular basis. Have they ever used it to develop their communities. Capital NO. Have they ever used it to educate their people? For where??! shocked

Now they are asking for oil block. Biko, let me laugh in Chinese first! cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by galeiiTNA: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
Martins301:

Your Nzeogwu died in 1967 as an Igbo man. Delta state was created in 1991. Did you eat an extra plate of stupidity today?

So his children, village and relatives automatically became non igbos and hundreds of years if ancestral heritage became dedundant because a Hausa man said so in 991. You are a moronic destitute. The River Ogun demon that slept with your mother is still affecting your life till today

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs by Ugik(m): 4:50am On Nov 03, 2016
laudate:

Do you realise that there are quite a number of Niger-Delta indigenes that already own oil blocks? How has the ownership benefited their people? It is one thing to be allocated an oil block, and another thing to be able to put together adequate technical & financial resources to prospect for crude, undertake exploration activities and recover oil in commercial quantity. undecided

The idea that if oil blocks are awarded to ND indigenes, it would lead to a transformation of their communities and people, is negated by the reality on the ground and rooted in fallacy. sad Their mentality needs to change first, while the principle of accountability needs to be entrenched.

Have you ever tried to carry out a project in the Niger-Delta before? Then you must have parted with some hard cash which would run into thousands or hundreds of thousands, before your project can take off. Such fees are called 'Community Development Fees' or Deve, for short. These communities collect such funds from all & sundry on a regular basis. Have they ever used it to develop their communities. Capital NO. Have they ever used it to educate their people? For where??! shocked

Now they are asking for oil block. Biko, let me laugh in Chinese first! cheesy

hahahaha.I will definitely have to agree with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Vision For Maritime Is Massive Job Creation – Saraki / Betta Edu Faces Disqualification From APC Convention Over Electoral Act / It’s Wrong For Jonathan To Summon Electoral Umpire, Jega At Will – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.