Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan (16449 Views)

Femi Falana Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari / Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments / Achebe Center Moves To Block Buhari’s $29.9bn Loan Bid •writes World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Paperwhite(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2016
Femi Falana, human rights activist and Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), has called on the federal government to drop its plan to borrow $29.960 billion to execute key projects across the country.

The soft-spoken lawyer said the government would be putting the collective destiny of the younger generation in jeopardy should it go ahead with the controversial decision.

President Muhammadu Buhari recently asked the approval of the National Assembly to borrow the said loan from the World Bank.

Falana, while speaking at the 2016 annual general conference of Committee for Defence of Human Rights (CDHR) in Lagos on Saturday, urged the federal government to source for funds locally.

The lawyer, who is a former president of CDHR, said the government should use recovered loot and go after chronic debtors to fund its projects
He said: “We hear that the federal government wants to borrow $29 billion to fund the economy, my advice is we do not need to do this at such a period in our economy.

“What about the millions of the recovered loots from those who stole our money, our money that are in the hands of those who decided to steal from the treasury?

“I have a report from Nigeria Extractive Transparency Initiative, NEITI which states that the oil companies and NNPC are owing the federal government a joint $20.2b.

“All these should be recovered and used for these projects instead of putting the destiny of the younger generation and those to come in jeopardy as a result of the huge national debt it will bring.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/31/29-960bn-loan-buhari-playing-collective-destiny-falana/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Paperwhite(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2016
One thought that this charge & bail so called
Lawyer have kept on ass-licking this useless government in anticipation of political patronage? undecided.Keep it up until the very day your soul shall be tied on a leash & sold off. Foolish Afonja!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by richidinho(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin
Chai... This man don dey price wailers form for my hand since January, still he refuse to buy from me

I heard he is very stingy

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 02, 2016
angry
Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by hyprealestatemkt(m): 12:14am On Nov 02, 2016
Buhari needs to change his cabinet before them go kill am

13 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Paperwhite(m): 12:14am On Nov 02, 2016
[/b]"Falana, while speaking at the 2016 annual general conference of Committee for Defence of Human Rights (CDHR)"[b] Falana have since lost it.Gani must be turning in his grave now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 02, 2016
How can anyone even support Nigerian government to borrow $30 billion which will eventually be looted? $30 billion dollars?

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 02, 2016
D cluelessness and ignorance of diz myopic, epileptic n suicidal government iz beyond comprehension... Am glad d asslicker lawyer has seen d handwriting on d wall n begged 4 precaution even tho we knw d herdsman in asorock will nt heed 2 sane advice.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by veekid(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Buhari needs to be probe for this

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by olaolulazio(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Yes, he's playing with Falz Future

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Bujumbura(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Chronic zombies are speaking up

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Bujumbura(m): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2016
I dedicated a full midnight prayer to that loan request

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Hedonistically: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2016

The soft-spoken lawyer...

Since when?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by achikolo1(f): 8:22am On Nov 02, 2016
[/quote][quote author=Omenkata post=50694171]If not for the love i have for falz i would have told this ricetivist falana to shatap.

Btw

Buhari is a vagabond incompetent bastard morron buffalo zombie dole gaskiya

Kill all zombies because they're already dead grin

so na these man born falzz wet the date simbi abi simi

11 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by tolexy007(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2016
shocked
Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by nigconnect(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

You just dey shine teeth in every trend,, you inhale laughing Gas??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Moreoffaith(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Hmm... Make dem sha no use us as collateral grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Adaowerri111: 8:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Falz come talk sense to your papa head

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2016
They'll use 40% of that Loan cash to clear Grasses grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by ekestic1976(f): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Paperwhite:
Lawyer have kept on ass-licking this useless government in anticipation of political patronage? undecided.Keep it up until the very day your soul shall be tied on a leash & sold off. Foolish Afonja!
Such a pity! And to think that you refused to follow up your enrolment into Pry School with consistent attendance! How man educated people d'ye have in your Clan?

10 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2016
Paperwhite:

Can't you just comment and move on?

When someone typed osu now, the mod will be quick to ban.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by themonk(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2016
AmuDimkpa:
How can anyone even support Nigerian government to borrow $30 billion which will eventually be looted? $30 billion dollars?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by drsugar: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2016
#BuhariWillFail...

Things that are certain...
After 4 years..
Unemployment will still be high.
Fuel will still be expensive
Dollar will not come back to #200 naira
Electricity will not still be stable.
The founders of boko haram will never be prosecuted.
Unemployed graduates will never be paid their 5k and arrears.
Buhari will contest and win again.

Also beware that terrorists are now threatening to use chemical weapons in Nigeria and the news media are not talking about this.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by Ephemmm: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2016
[s]
richidinho:
grin grin grin
Chai... This man don dey price wailers form for my hand since January, still he refuse to buy from me

I heard he is very stingy
[/s]

Constructive criticism is an not an aberration even for someone you cherize so much: I wonder how Wailers always make Wailer's Form available for anyone who criticize against govt policy as if selling the form is their only source of revenue.

Thank God you didn't abuse him as usual: you have even forgotten to remember that he is a pastor now because he criticized PMB.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by dayus12(f): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2016
Paperwhite:

I'm serious, i don't see any point in your comment...

6 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by sakalisis(m): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2016
cry
Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by RillJ(m): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2016
The Chickens coming to roost gradually.
What government desperately want to be perceived as 'performing' at the expense of mortgaged future generations?
What happened to the promises, or they never existed?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by LastProphet: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Paperwhite:

what a waste of space u are, why do flat skulls think everybody fantasizes about money? does the statement falana made show someone looking for position? am of the same opinion with falana and i believe many knowledgeable people, so are we all looking for political appointment? what is wrong with u people? do you know falana? this man takes ordinary taxi all over Abuja anytime he is in Abuja, have seen him severally, so tell me how he has shown unfettered desire for position? and lastly what other position does someone of his caliber want? the money falana can make from one court case should conveniently buy your entire village plus the useless father that unfortunately impregnated ur mother. Hopeless ugaadan jews, no wonder orji kalu has realized you people are your own greatest enemies, ami éla onè

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Buhari's $29.960bn Loan Plan by chuose: 8:30am On Nov 02, 2016
[size=13pt]Na our South-Eastern Neighbor I dey pity oh!

This loan, dullard1nho wan collect, South-East no go see 1 Kobo oh!

But when dem wan collect money pay am back, south-east too will be either taxed or under-funded just to pay the loan.
Yet dem no go enjoy am.

South-Eastern Neighbors, reach out to us in the Niger Delta, lets resist this evil being planned on all of us.

Lets not permit the divide & rule mentality of the Afonja's split us.

They ran to their masters, and their masters have dealt with them.
Ask Tinubu.

When we were in power, we did you fine.
Now we need your collective help to help us resist this evil govt that will over look the whole south
and give the MD of the Ports to a Northerner.

We have had enough.

The Oil is in our land, yet the oil blocs belongs to the North.

We have had enough.

The Oil is in our land, yet the revenue is first budgeted for the North.
While we squalor in poverty.

We have had enough.

The Oil is in our land, yet they call us 5% with you.

We have had enough.

Please our South-Eastern Neighbors are you there [/size]

13 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"If Jonathan Was A Looter, Buhari Is A Super Looter" – ADP Chairman, Yesufu / APC Plans To Rule Nigeria For 32 Years - Governor Buni / Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government Approves Establishment Of Second University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.