Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity (2693 Views)

North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande / "Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi / Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by benavatar(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2016
THE NORTH IS MISTAKING THE CIVILITY OF THE SOUTH FOR STUPIDITY...

Dan Osa Ogbegie wrote;

"I saw the below elsewhere and decided to share so that my readers would see the kind of Country we call our own. You can continue doing political correctness and call those of us who harp on the injustice, imbalance and unfairness in Nigeria names, but I can assure you that very soon, "you go see am for bodi".

-------------
It took less than 6 months for the senate to pass the North East Development Commission (NEDC) BILL.
It has taken more than 14 years and 4 presidents, yet the PIB bill is nowhere to be passed.

It took less than 4 Hours for Kano State to be smuggled into North East Region for the purpose of enjoying from NEDC ( Kano State is in the North West oh, very far from the North East).
For more than 10 years Northern Senators have been trying to define 'Oil bearing communities' .Does it include villages with petrol stations and pipelines?

It took less than 3 months for us to agree to set aside 3 % of total VAT accruals to fund the reconstruction of NE. ( including VAT from alcohol. Alcohol is banned in sharia States).

For more than one generation, we are still arguing how to fund the clean up of hydro carbon polluted sites in the Niger Delta and Ogoni.

The Board of NEDC is made up entirely of people from the North and North East.

The Board of NDDC is made up of every tom, dick and harry to ensure adequate geographical spread. ( NDDC has representatives from the North East, North West and North Central, even when no State there is a member).

The FG wants to borrow 30 billion US dollars for 'capital' projects! Not one of this project is located in the entire South! Yet, oil located in the south will be used to upset the loan when due

This is our country! This is our story"

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by sarrki(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Throw more light for discussion
Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by benavatar(m): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2016
sarrki:
it is only when we push sentiments aside and think as one united that when the country will move forward

4 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by limeta(f): 10:37am On Nov 02, 2016
New International Version
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by dealslip(f): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2016
If this is accurate, then it is not the fault of the North but the South. The South is just plain stupid. Daz all

5 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by wordcat(m): 11:52am On Nov 02, 2016
Civility? No, No!!! Stupidity? YES.

5 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by mrvitalis(m): 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
benavatar:

Dan Osa Ogbegie wrote;

"I saw the below elsewhere and decided to share so that my readers would see the kind of Country we call our own. You can continue doing political correctness and call those of us who harp on the injustice, imbalance and unfairness in Nigeria names, but I can assure you that very soon, "you go see am for bodi".

-------------
It took less than 6 months for the senate to pass the North East Development Commission (NEDC) BILL.
It has taken more than 14 years and 4 presidents, yet the PIB bill is nowhere to be passed.

It took less than 4 Hours for Kano State to be smuggled into North East Region for the purpose of enjoying from NEDC ( Kano State is in the North West oh, very far from the North East).
For more than 10 years Northern Senators have been trying to define 'Oil bearing communities' .Does it include villages with petrol stations and pipelines?

It took less than 3 months for us to agree to set aside 3 % of total VAT accruals to fund the reconstruction of NE. ( including VAT from alcohol. Alcohol is banned in sharia States).

For more than one generation, we are still arguing how to fund the clean up of hydro carbon polluted sites in the Niger Delta and Ogoni.

The Board of NDDC is made up of every tom, dick and harry to ensure adequate geographical spread. ( NDDC has representatives from the North East, North West and North Central, even when no State there is a member).

The FG wants to borrow 30 billion US dollars for 'capital' projects! Not one of this project is located in the entire South! Yet, oil located in the south will be used to upset the loan when due

Do u guys bother to even Google before u post things??

Would u blame the North if south dont know the art of lobbying??

And to say non of the project in the 30bn dollars is in the south just shows who u are

Lagos calabar railway is in the North sha??

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by meccuno: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
The south is actually stupid.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Justiceleague1: 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
It is obvious the op or writer,DAN OSA OGBEGIE is Edo..thats a state,my own state though, that stupidly voted for the same killer mallam apc in the last guber and he is here complaining..what can be more stupid? And i have come accross equally myopic undeciphering folks on here who clain to be from edo but launch attack on u whenver u bare ur mind on the useless state of affairs of the zoo and how one sinking can hold on to anything to be safe and survive,like holding unto ipob and be free from internal slavery. Let any dog_eat_dog uhundan nokhua come and accuse me of being an imposting ipob pretending to be edo/niger delta if i dont tîè'bòh on u. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Justiceleague1: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
meccuno:
The south is actually stupid.
u can say that again..and add dog_eat_dog confused lots as well.

4 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Cjrane2: 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
The north does not think the south is stupid.

They know the south is stupid.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Diplomaticbeing(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
So long as we indepthly continues to practice "tribercracy" instead of democracy, the North will always remains the grand deciders of the fate of other constituencies of the country. Absence of equality will always result to master/slave relationship in any sphere of human endeavours.

Actually, even in the event that the country is restructured - regional-wise, the current democratic dominance of the North against the other ethnic components will still persist. Tribalism is an incurable disease.

To this end, the only potent solution will be to decentralize power. Confederation is our best bet, if truly we are sincere with our intentions to continue to coexist together as a country and ensure peace, happiness and prosperity for all.

6 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Cjrane2:
The north does not think the south is stupid.

They know the south is stupid.

Apt summary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by jpphilips(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
benavatar:

Dan Osa Ogbegie wrote;

-------------

If you don't like the idea of North East development commission, there are several international terror organisations you can send an invite to lay siege in your region for
6yrs there after you will be entitled to such benefit by merit.

What is in the PIB that actually benefits the Niger delta man? 10% development fund I guess? by the time you read in details its implementation framework you will be ashamed of yourself and the fact that a Niger delta president and Niger delta petroleum minister put together that nonsense.

The last time I checked, the SE, SS,SW and MB have more representatives than all the NE put together.
That is where the first parliamentary instrument called lobbying takes effect, the SS Senators will have to lobby the others to block it same way the North has always blocked the PIB.
It will get to a point where a consensus of trade will set in amongst parliamentarians.

It is not the fault of the north that SS people voted id!ots who lack the basis of parliament. Believe me, in that senate chambers they lobby along party lines not constituency interests.

Just to give you a clue how dumb the South is in playing politics.

Dr Chris Ngige was the deputy Chairman senate committee on power.
while some states like Lagos got up to 2 DISCOS, The five SE states where he hailed from got just one.

The bad news was that he saw absolutely nothing wrong in what he did, neither did he make any noise if the powers at the time suppressed his interests.

Those are the brainless id!ots elected by southerners so what do you expect?
When you elect a bingo how dare you ask him to act like a prof?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by DIKEnaWAR: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
The South is stupid Bro. If we are no we would have shown those people pepper! The northerners ought not to be more than hewers of wood and drawers of water in this country, but with the connivance of mumus like Tinubu, they keep lording over us.

Let us call ourselves what we are; big ode!

3 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by SweetJoystick(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
Pathetic reality

1 Like

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by T9ksy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
The South is stupid Bro. If we are no we would have shown those people pepper! The northerners ought not to be more than hewers of wood and drawers of water in this country, but with the connivance of mumus like Tinubu, they keep lording over us.

Let us call ourselves what we are; big ode!

I concur entirely with the bolded portion , above however the great(?) Zik of Africa nay Onitsha set the precedent of

kowtowing to the northerners thereby making him (zik) the Grand patron of Southern Nigeria mumus/ode or whatever appellation one chose to

add to his name.

This is the kind of noise one expects to hear when the HUNTER morph into the HUNTED.

1 Like

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Tosin17(m): 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
We always think that the north is myopic, uneducated and stupid but the fact is that, the south is more educated but the north is more clever. You are calling somebody stupid but he is getting wealthier everyday and you remain the same. Who is more stupid?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by AnodaIT(m): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
It is not a mistake, we southerners are mostly stupid and self-centered and the North is riding on that fact to corner the estate

4 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by kamalcole3000: 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
wordcat:
Civility?
No, No!!!
Stupidity?
YES.
Stupidity at the highest level!

3 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by kings09(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Southerners r not united n r their own worst enemies. How can southerners sit n look how Kano( a NW state) be included in the NEDC or how the hypocritical north use part of VAT revenue part of wch is realised frm sale of alcohol in d south to fund their commission yet these northerners wld claim they hv nothing to do wit alcohol.

Cc madridguy, hungerbad, modath n ur likes
Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by kings09(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Torch light or street light abi u no fit read again ni
sarrki:
Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by madridguy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Your points of quoting me ? grin

kings09:
Southerners r not united n r their own worst enemies. How can southerners sit n look how Kano( a NW state) be included in the NEDC or how the hypocritical north use part of VAT revenue part of wch is realised frm sale of alcohol in d south to fund their commission yet these northerners wld claim they hv nothing to do wit alcohol.

Cc madridguy, hungerbad, modath n ur likes
Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by banki(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
please stop misinforming the public

has the north east development commission been passed into law?
who is on the board?
who is the chairman?
personally I see most comments and I laugh... people should get over the election loss of 2015

1 Like

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by kings09(m): 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin I say make I disturb u small. But wat do u hv to say about tax revenue from sale of alcohol dats to be used to fund dis commission. Tot anythn related to alcohol is 'haram' in d north
madridguy:
Your points of quoting me ? grin

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by mikolo80: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
So long as we indepthly continues to practice "tribercracy" instead of democracy, the North will always remains the grand deciders of the fate of other constituencies of the country. Absence of equality will always result to master/slave relationship in any sphere of human endeavours.

Actually, even in the event that the country is restructured - regional-wise, the current democratic dominance of the North against the other ethnic components will still persist. Tribalism is an incurable disease.

To this end, the only potent solution will be to decentralize power. Confederation is our best bet, if truly we are sincere with our intentions to continue to coexist together as a country and ensure peace, happiness and prosperity for all.

how do you decentralise. You think they will be looking at you?

3 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Diplomaticbeing(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
how do you decentralise. You think they will be looking at you?

Power is never given to instead its fought for.

6 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by mikolo80: 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

Power is never given to instead its fought for.
better, I thought you're one of those dreamers who think it will fall from heaven. So what's the actual actions that will be taken to decentralise. This one that our southern leaders will sell their mothers for billions

1 Like

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by madridguy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hypocrisy is our biggest problem in Africa. Alcohol is Haram but you shared from VAT grin grin

kings09:
grin grin I say make I disturb u small. But wat do u hv to say about tax revenue from sale of alcohol dats to be used to fund dis commission. Tot anythn related to alcohol is 'haram' in d north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Diplomaticbeing(m): 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
better, I thought you're one of those dreamers who think it will fall from heaven. So what's the actual actions that will be taken to decentralise. This one that our southern leaders will sell their mothers for billions

I have what I termed "my formula for power grab," for now it remains my exclusive preserve. Besides, this is an open forum.

It's conventional wisdom that in every true democratic settings, the majority will always carry the vote. However, what's not true is that one must be of the majority clan to have a majority. . . . This is where politics nullifies the mathematics of 1 plus 1 equals to 2 answer.

On the flip side, our (southerners) conceit, orthodox and leechlike attitudes are the main banes of our servile disposition towards the Northerners in the project Nigeria. We need a fundamental and philosophical changes.

Always avoid following or associating a/with leader/personality who's not altruistic, contented and conscientious, if you believe in a honourable cause and pursuing one.

4 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by Ahmeduana(m): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
benavatar:
it is only when we push sentiments aside and think as one united that when the country will move forward
WHAT DO YOU MEAN? THAT SIGHTING ENTIRE 30 BILLION DOLLAR PROJECT IN ONE SINGLE REGION OF A COUNTRY THAT HAVE 6 REGION, IS WHAT YOU CALL SENTIMENT? if you are a northerner saying this i will not pick offence, BUT IF YOU ARE A SOUTHERNA AND YOU VOMIT THIS RUBBISH THEN YOU NEED TO BE A RESIDENT IN A MENTAL ASYLUM!

2 Likes

Re: The North Is mistaking the civility of the south for stupidity by cronsberg: 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
madridguy:
Hypocrisy is our biggest problem in Africa. Alcohol is Haram but you shared from VAT grin grin

thats right, we have outlawed alcohol but will take every benefit out of it, and give nothing back. what can u do about it huh? i just feel sorry for venomous southerners when i see the giant strides of the north yet southerners think we know nothing. in the next few years to come, u will be shocked at the massive infrastructure projects. from mambila dam, to kashimbila and zungeru dams, to the kaduna-kano high speed rail, to massive inter state highways being built right now, to huge urban renewal projects going on basically in every northern state capital, to mining investments, to the ever expanding agricultural sector (have u noticed how new factories are springing up everywhere in the north? ),,, with all this, whats going on in the south besides lagos huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook Man Gives Solution To Pres. Buhari On Economics / Igbos Will Cry To See This News... / APC Crisis Worsens As Tinubu Asks Oyegun, NWC To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.