Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release (8902 Views)

Ekiti State Workers Suspend Strike, Sign Agreement With Govt(Pics) / TUC,Factional NLC Suspend Strike While Main NLC Continue Strike / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release by omooba021528: 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
Is all said bt let call a spade a spade the essence of doing coop is to get loan afta ur deductions is made BT in a situations ur deduction isnt remitted u. Can take loan
And remember loan is only avenue civil servant can buy car,build house nd do better tins in life.
And again, when civil servant notice the coop isn't producing good result dey decide to opt out, u place an embargo nobody shld allow simply cuz it wil increase total salaries paid by so doing, civil servant can go else to do coop and they collect full salary. U see impt of the strike
Re: Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release by wolewole200(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
agabusta:
Unserious peeps. The man has been trying his best and paying salaries.

Everybody knows that states are having financial issues and they are to show more understanding.

Imagine, so many states have been unable to pay pension for many years, and these workers are trying to blackmail the state govt to abandon the contributory pension scheme, which was a novel idea to reduce the weight of pensions on govt finances. They are not serious at all. Do they think it's only Ogun state workers that has been switched to the contributory pension scheme? Even Federal University workers are on same now and ASUU has accepted it's fate on that.

Their other demands about cooperative deductions, the govt should do quick and give them their money. I wonder why it is the govt that is helping them manage their cooperative money in the first instance.

Is it not supposed to be independently managed by the NLC themselves??

Why involve govt? Anyways, Amosun should pay them their money.

It's good the state govt has also agreed to start. Paying retiring workers' gratuities in phases. So many states in Nigeria has not paid gratuities for years, some running to 10 yrs. The FG is also guilty of owning gratuities.

It's not an Ogun state thing, I guess that was the reason Amosun was frustrated and blew his temper in an unbecoming manner of a leader.

Amosun is trying, and i'm happy the workers have come to reason with the state govt. Everything is not by confrontation. Infact, a govt paying salaries regularly should first be commended before other demands are tabled.

I will take this your comment as ignorance on your part. Everything you stated there shows how naive you are about the agitations of Ogun workers.

I will help in enlightening you.

For the records, the State government has been owing salaries. By salaries I mean GROSS payment and not NET payment. He pays the net salary but refuses to remit deductions. Let me make it clearer. If my total gross salary is #50,000, my pension deductions #2,500, Union dues #500 and COOPERATIVES SAVINGS is #25,000, and at the end of the month I am paid #22,000 without my deductions remitted to the rightful quarters, the question is have you paid my salary? My Pension is not remitted, my Union and cooperatives dues are also withheld by a tyrant who also compels that I can't stop cooperatives? I think you're unfair to the workers

On the gratuity and contributory pension scheme, you should be aware that the scheme didn't start under Amosun's regime. It started under OGD and has been duly remitted until 2012 when this man came. Are you saying recession started in 2012 that made him to stop remitting the 7.5% of our basic salary? He is just plain wicked and brainless. No one asked him to stop the pension scheme, at least if you can't add the Government 7.5% as stipulated in the law, you should remit the ones deducted from our salaries.

It is my prayer for you that you will be treated everywhere you go by people the same way Amosun is treating Ogun State Civil servants. May your life be like all Amosun's project in Ogun State, if you love him so much, just say Amen

I hope you are aware that despite all the ish about dwindling finances, Amosun's houses in Ibara and the ongoing 15 story complex have not stopped for a single working day for the past two years? The crane working on that site costs about #450,000 per day. Once again may the good Lord run your life the same way Amosun is running Ogun State.
Re: Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release by law8914: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
This is yet another super goody, I know some of us might have while a lot might not have heard of Mturk being run by amazon online store.

Not many people would let you know this.

Now what is ''Mturk'' ?

Its abbreviated into ''HITs'' - Human Intelligence Tasks - are individual tasks that you work on. There are over half a million turkers on mturk and most of these people are American residents whilst a chunk of others are across India, Europe and very few in Africa.

The good thing, is that as a Mechanical Turk Worker you,

1.Can work from home

2.Choose your own work hours

3.Get paid for doing good work

4. Payment are sent to your bank (American residents),You get paid through Amazon Gift Card (AGC) which is equivalent in dollars (International Turkers)

This is one of the top ways I earn money online,it is not like; CPA, Affiliate Marketing etc. Its basically like a real job that you get to work for any amount you would want earn though there is a probation of ''10 DAYS and restriction to 100 HITS per day'' for new account but afterwards you can work all day on mturk and most of these HITS takes a couple minutes to sort out.

If you really dedicate your time at least 7-10hrs a day, mturk could be a great source of income,I have read in forums where some turkers make $800- 2100/month but I had never made upto such amount. Probably its because I hadn't given enough time to it.

Unfortunately,there is a BAD NEWS for some years now,mturk have stopped approving new accounts outside the US...However there are still ways to go about it which I won't disclose on here to avoid being banned. (You can reach me on ''rishzep84@gmail.com)

1. Practically possible and best way is to buy an account (Have one for sale $200)
2. My guidelines (tested) I have attached a few copy of my screenshot.

For more details and screenshot of my payments, reach me on my whatsapp (+22898959868).
Re: Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release by wolewole200(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
This is the yet to be completed15 storey building of Amosun's complex in Ibara, Abeokuta. Work has been on for the past two years, yet there is dwindling finances in the Nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exxonmobil, Others Not Leaving Nigeria –kachikwu / Enugu Govt Awards Contracts For Projects Worth Over N3.2 Billion / Epileptic Power Supply: Nigeria To Partner Egypt On Electricity Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.