Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac (44671 Views)

Genuine Marykay Products (pictures) / Makeup War:marykay Powder VS Mac Studio Fix / Wholesale And Retail Marykay Products! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by ashany: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
hi all i wanted to know if anyone has used sleek make up and what your opinion is of it.would you give up your mac iman or marykay for it because personally i'm highly disappointed the products i think are over priced and dont deliver anything .the powder is like rubbing some browmn on the face and the mascara is like charcoal and water.its such a pity because i thot they would've done their home work well .yes they did a lot of hype but when it dies down they will win no market share esp at their prices really disappointed, anybody??
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by redsky1: 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
sleek is cheap, my dear in life you get what you pay for.

mac is expensive but my dear it lasts and its good. when it comes to make up don't go cheap - u end up spending more

1 Like

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by vanitty: 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2009
never tried iman or sleek before but for a natural every day look mary kay is your best bet, but if you want the going out dramatic look mac is the answer
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by vanitty: 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2009
Well for mascara, i tend to use any really, buying an expensive one is for me a waste of money because they both do the same thing, add black liquid to my lid.

and if you feel like you are rubbing brown stuff on your face, then maybe the foundation you are using is not perfect for your skin tone, For Mac, go to debenhams so the professional to get you the right shade for your skin, for mary kay, you can just check on their website for a proffessional near you . .Good luck
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2009
I have everything Mac, from Zume to eyeshadows to Brush to Blush. . . .I love it.
Mac Liquid foundation irritates my skin though sad

But I like change, so I'll try Mary Kay next.

I heard about sleek, but dnt know anybody using one undecided
Can someone use it, take a pix and let us see?
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Secretz(f): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2009
Sorry, the only thing I will use by Sleek is their eyeshadow (which I rarely use) and eye liner. . . the line is drawn there.
You get what you pay for in most cases, but everybody reacts differently to different products. grin
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Godmother2: 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2009
I wonder how you can even put Mac in the same class with marykay and sleek for Gods sake
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by ebony21(f): 3:32am On Nov 09, 2009
Its Mac 4eva baby grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 10, 2009
I think they are all bad IMHO. They were all terrible for my skin. But everyone is different so it might work for you. I use Bobbi Brown now and I feel like my skin can breathe. Good luck on the search for the holy grail foundation smiley.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by redsky1: 11:33am On Nov 10, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I think they are all bad IMHO. They were all terrible for my skin. But everyone is different so it might work for you. I use Bobbi Brown now and I feel like my skin can breathe. Good luck on the search for the holy grail foundation smiley.

hmmmmmmmmm bobbi brown might go to the west end this week to check out the mac and bobbi brown counter

i know this is off topic but if anyone can reccommend a light weight foundation for me i would appreciate it. i currently use studio fix (Mac) and feel the coverage is not good enough but don't want the weight of a liquid.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
redsky1:

hmmmmmmmmm bobbi brown might go to the west end this week to check out the mac and bobbi brown counter

i know this is off topic but if anyone can reccommend a light weight foundation for me i would appreciate it. i currently use studio fix (Mac) and feel the coverage is not good enough but don't want the weight of a liquid.
Try Bobbi brown oil free foundation or Bobbi brown skin foundation, they are both liquid but very light weight and you feel your skin can breathe. Mac is stage makeup that just became mainstream thats why its full coverage and quite thick.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 11, 2009
vanitty:

never tried iman or sleek before but for a natural every day look mary kay is your best bet, but if you want the going out dramatic look mac is the answer

Totally agree. I am a Mary Kay user myself, Love the Timewise skin care and most of their Make-up , I don't use foundation much but when I do, I choose the Medium Coverage foundation. Better still, go for their Mineral powder , It's light weight, goes on smooth and your skin looks very natural. MAC is aight but it's just too heavy and pan cakey. I am all for subtle in make-up.

Here's my favourite Mary Kay product.

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by monicanana(f): 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2009
Sleek has got good eye shadows and mascara,but the powder and foundation is a no no 4 me.I'm a make up artist and it spoilt my job.Mac is a great product, marykay is also a good product but not professional.I recommend Iman,bobbi brown and our very own Lise

1 Like

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Mimicole(f): 1:02am On Nov 14, 2009
Instead of d regular, African women need 2 try FASHION FAIR COSMETICS 4 a change. It's d best 4 women of color n very good 4 our weather condition. Try d loose powder in d right shade 4 d most natural look. I'm chocolate n my shade is Translucent bronze. For a more made up look or 2 cover spots use d compac (d right shade 4 my color is Bronze glo) and 4 a red carpet event use d foundation and complement with d loose powder. It's sold 4 3k5 and 4k respectively. In Ph get urs at Henroll cosmetics, Odinukwe stores both on rumuola rd. Or @ everyday emporium and other reputable shops.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Secretz(f): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2009
Mimicole:

Instead of d regular, African women need 2 try FASHION FAIR COSMETICS 4 a change. It's d best 4 women of color n very good 4 our weather condition. Try d loose powder in d right shade 4 d most natural look. I'm chocolate n my shade is Translucent bronze. For a more made up look or 2 cover spots use d compac (d right shade 4 my color is Bronze glo) and 4 a red carpet event use d foundation and complement with d loose powder. It's sold 4 3k5 and 4k respectively. In Ph get urs at Henroll cosmetics, Odinukwe stores both on rumuola rd. Or @ everyday emporium and other reputable shops.

I have to disagree . . . I think it is one of the worst for black women full stop. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
Secretz:

I have to disagree . . . I think it is one of the worst for black women full stop. undecided
I concur, its thick, cakey and not very flattering.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by redsky1: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I concur, its thick, cakey and not very flattering.

i agree - MAC all the way for me.

but thanks for the big up for the PH stores - i will be there in the new year and need that kind of info.

1 Like

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2009
redsky1:

i agree - MAC all the way for me.

but thanks for the big up for the PH stores - i will be there in the new year and need that kind of info.

Even Mac, me no likey tongue tongue. Its cakey and can cause breakouts cry cry cry
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by yjay(f): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
i dont think they are in the same category, a friend gave me the sleek lipgloss which i think is crap by the way, they ve good colours for eyeshadow though, for mac i love their blush & clinique absolutely flawless, i see my sister's face when she uses the clinique(compact) & the result is amazing but i ve to agree when it comes to makeup spend more & u wont regret it
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by tohloo: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
@redsky
not every thing that is expensive okay, it actually depends on your skin type. mac pressed powder is oil based and cakeytherefore if u have oily facial skin it will cause u to breakout
mary kay,sleek and clinique are some great options for powder if u have oily skin
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by monamarie(f): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2010
i think sleek is good, i use the liquid foundation, and translucent powder is good, when your buying make up, always consider your skin type,and then the price, because mac as expensive as it is doesn't work for everyone,

1 Like

Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by mitchyy(f): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2010
What about sonya cosmetics,from forever living products?
I plan buying the brown powder cuz they said its not cakey.
Should i go for it?
NB:am dark skinned
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by qudrat(f): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2010
Go for Sonya girl,it's formulated with pure Aloe Vera to protect and moisturise the skin along
with antioxidant vitamins,herbs and marine extracts.[list]
[li][/li]Powders are .5 of a micron(many powders are 30 microns)so its not cakey n doesnt clog pores.
[li][/li]Hypoallergenic
[/list]It has a natural SPF of 15(created by ALOE VERE and ANTIOXIDANTS[list]
[li][/li]It evens out skin tones
[li][/li]Perfectly suited to all skin type
[/list]It has 12 different shades to suit different complexions[list]
[li][/li]The SONYA COLOUR COLLECTION contains:
[li][/li]CREME TO POWDER FOUNDATIONS
[/list]CONCEALER WHEEL[list]
[li][/li]TRANSLUSCENT POWDER
[li][/li]BLUSHER
[/list]EYESHADOWS[list]
[li][/li]MASCARA AND BROW FIX
[li][/li]EYE/LIP PENCILS,LIPSTICKS AND LIPGLOSSES.Call 07039696656 for a free makeover if u live in LAGOS.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by wize79(f): 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
at d poster are u sure u didnt bu fake sleek products cos its in circulation.as for me sleek is nice although ve used mary kay,iman n MAC.buy from recommended shops.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by mamagee3(f): 1:16am On Jan 14, 2010
MaryKay makeup is the best.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^^^ I dont know if I'll use the word 'best' but I've been using it for years now and I see no reason to change! undecided
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by afribeauty(f): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2010
4 me its "mac" all the way, though my second best is sleek mineral
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by josphy: 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
Sleek costmetics and hair is here to stay in Nigeria.Many ladies are fans of other make up lines and are still skeptic about sleek.Visit our studio,this way you can discover a powder to suit your skin color in an amazing way.sleek foundation is ;NOT HEAVY,IT IS MATTE,transluscent compact is available too!! the glosses are out of this world .With sleek you can do a blue mascara confidently check , "i got the blooz"Eye Drama mascara, kiss
SLEEK MAKE UP SCHOOL 2010 REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS.
DO YOU HAVE A FLAIR FOR BEAUTY,ARE YOU A MODEL,OR A STAR IN THE MAKING?
COME AND LEARN: BRIDAL MAKE UP
RUNWAY MAKE UP
PHOTO SHOOT
DAY/EVENINGS /PARTIES
NAILS TECH AND, FREE GELE ART!!!
CLASS OF 7 students.
YOU ARE WELCOME
FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION CALL JOSEPHINA 08035006151 /08025275976( 1A FEMI AYANTUGA CRESCENT OFF ADELABU,SURULERE,LAGOS
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by wize79(f): 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2010
its sleek all the way.pls for those in Abuja and Nasarawa call me for your original sleek products at very affordable prices.08038236034.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by ebony3(f): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
i think some of there products that are good ,while some are just there,but marykay and mac are superb.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by Mimicole(f): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2010
mama-gee:

MaryKay makeup is the best.
I don't entirely agree. If u have oily skin Mary Kay is a no no 4 u.
Re: Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac by lawums: 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2011
I think Motives by Loren Ridinger beats both sleek,mary kay and Mac,  Out of all MAC is the worst, they use Talc and Parabean in their products:
What really interested me is that they will custom blend a foundation, blush and bronzer for you. Other than Prescriptives, I've never heard of a company who does that. 

Here's how it works. The consultant comes to your house and custom blends foundation, blush and bronzer for you, as you watch. How amazing is that! You get to decide on the finish you want (matte, shimmer or just a little bit of shimmer) for all of the products, and how dark you want your bronzer to be. All of the products are blended to your exact specifications, so you get exactly what you want. They can also blend a lip plumper for you. Their lip plumper is clear, and they can add pigments to it so that you have the exact colour that you want. Amazing isn't it?

And you know what's even better? The products are really cheap! High quality products at a cheap price, what more could you ask for?You'd imagine that a custom foundation would cost a lot, but it only costs N5K (AUD)! Which is filled with Anti-oxidants,sunscreen and other minerals. Feel free to drop a line will tell u how to get it. Official makeup for Bravo Fashion Show in the US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: Which Number Are You In This Picture? Be Honest / Social Media Ladies Show Us Their Faces Before And After Makeup / Lady Mocked For 14 Years Because Of Her 'ugly' Leg Turns To A Successful Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.