Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Vote Bukky Sonibare : The Voice of The Voiceless . - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Vote Bukky Sonibare : The Voice of The Voiceless . (625 Views)

Bukky Wright Converts To Christianity, Attends Oyedepo’s Church / Olatunji Bukky Buys SUV Ford For Her Birthday (Photos) / Ojayy Wright: "I Was Called Gay, Spoilt Brat & Mummy's Boy' - Bukky Wright's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vote Bukky Sonibare : The Voice of The Voiceless . by totalhouse(m): 9:20am On Nov 03, 2016
Like many, I saw the list of nominees for the award of Person of the Year by Y'Naija. I scrolled down the list of names of distinguished Nigerians who in truth are deserving of the award. But as i scanned the list, I realized that i had the same reaction to several of the names. And that was the fact that several of them had already been recipients of same kind or similar awards in the past. Allow me to refresh your memory.

Sanusi has won many awards as man of the year chief of which was the Forbes Africa Man of the year 2011

WizKid just won the best male Artiste at the just concluded MAMA 2016

Peter Obi was Silver bird's Man of the year in 2014
Kashim Shettima has won several awards as Governor of the year.

AY Makun has won several awards has been the comedian of the year and rightfully so.

Dapo Olorunyomi was one of the two only Nigerian past recipients of the International Editor of the Year Award.

And then there is Bukola Shonibare.

All these individuals are deserving of the award and i would have no problem with any winning. But my vote unreservedly will go to Bukola and i will tell you why.

Bukola (a YALI Fellowship Graduate) has been nominated by Y'Naija for "Person of the Year Award" because of her resilience over the advocacy of the Chibok Girls. But it is important to note that she is more than just a "Placard Carrying Advocate". She has become an advocate for the voiceless. She has stood up for young girls and boys deprived in the North East. Through her Adopt a Camp and Girls Child Africa, (organizations she founded), she has conceived and implemented since 2014 various projects aimed at helping the helpless in the North Eastern parts of Nigeria.

Projects like School-In-A-Bag which is a very innovative idea of ensuring Children in IDP camps and war ravaged areas get good quality school bags with books and supplies. Thousands of these bags (including teachers kit) has been distributed so far and thousands more will be distributed. There is also the learning hub project which is a creative idea to ensure children in camps can be educated not under the sun and trees and on concrete slabs but in a comfortable tent with desk and chairs, chalk boards, which can be dismantled and moved easily if need be. Not to forget the “Feeding Set” Project which championed the supply of feeding sets to IDP camps to improve their feeding experience. There have been several other projects including building toilet facilities, renovating medical centers and helping some helpless people in the North East whether in paying their medical bills or paying their school fees.

I have been opportune (no strike that) I have been privileged to be beside Bukola on some of these projects and i have seen at close quarters the passion she put into it. Bukola didn't just start doing this, this is who she has always been. This is who she is in her core. Her passion to help drives her. It motivates to keep going at great personal cost. She is not a woman with a lot of financial means but because she has a large heart, many are always willing to give towards whatever cause she is championing. I have had to agonize internally whenever she travels to the Northeast. (Yes she has been there countless times including to Chibok twice). I say internally because the last thing i wanted was to let the expression of my personal apprehensions be the reason she wouldn't embark on a Journey that will help a few.

I believe it’s time we recognize the efforts of this fantastic and large hearted young woman. Its time we recognize the efforts of those who might not be VVIPs but in their own right are heroes because of their selfless service. Voting for Bukola is symbolic and it sends a strong message that as a people we reward those who have given of themselves to serve when it is the least convenient. Bukola is not just about carrying placards for the Chibok girls, she is about carrying the hopes and dreams of the helpless and the voiceless especially for girls in the North East. Heroes don't come more beautifully packaged than this. This is why i voted Bukola Shonibare and this is why i urge you as well to do same.

To Vote: Click on the link. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Pick Bukky Shonibare and Click Vote

http://ynaija.com/sanusi-wizkid-bukky-shonibare7-others-nominated-yynaija-person-year/
By Yinka Ogunnubi

I won't have said it better as captured above... Please nairalanders, Let's vote for the voiceless in our society.. A vote for bukky sonibare is a vote for humanity and the voiceless... Thank you for your love. Just follow the link and vote....
Cc Lalasticlala

Re: Vote Bukky Sonibare : The Voice of The Voiceless . by totalhouse(m): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2016
More pix. Please vote Bukky Sonibare.... Your votes count.

(1) (Reply)

Niralanders Have Drugs Ruined Eminem’s Life? / Damn It: See The Massive Python Snake Killed In Jos Yesterday (photos) / Zplus - God Raps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.