Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

If Trump Wins US Election, I’ll Destroy My Green Card-soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Trump Wins US Election, I’ll Destroy My Green Card-soyinka (376 Views)

They Plan To Destroy My Houses - Dino Melaye Says, Dares Yahaya Bello / Audu Ogbeh: "Us-Based Nigerians Can Return If Trump Makes Life Difficult" / I’ll Destroy My American Green Card If Trump Wins US Election, Prof Soyinka Says (2) (3) (4)

(1)

If Trump Wins US Election, I’ll Destroy My Green Card-soyinka by ifeanyihamilton(m): 11:41am On Nov 03, 2016
Nobel laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, has said he would destroy his green card if Donald Trump of Republican Party becomes president of the United States.

Soyinka said this on Wednesday while giving a speech to students of Oxford University, England, reports the Guardian UK.

“If in the unlikely event he does win, the first thing he’ll do is to say (that) all green-card holders must reapply to come back into the US. Well, I’m not waiting for that.

“The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,” said Soyinka, who is scholar-in-residence at New York University’s Institute of African American Affairs.

The internationally-acclaimed playwright and poet described Britain’s decision to exit the European Union as a “ridiculous decision”.

read more at https://newdiplomat.ng/news/trump-wins-us-election-ill-destroy-green-card-soyinka/

Re: If Trump Wins US Election, I’ll Destroy My Green Card-soyinka by Mynd44: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2016

(1)

Kaduna Drags 725 To EFCC Over N205m Agric Loan / Concentrate On The Task Before You, Osoba Tasks Coordinators / Niger Delta Avenger To Buhari – If You Want Peace Come To Niger Delta By Yoursel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.