Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan (2044 Views)

The Truth Behind "Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari" / Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari Regarding The Current Issues In Nigeria / Result Of Sahara Reporters Poll On Buhari And Atiku (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
Great Nairalanders,
At this juncture, let us lay down all our political party affiliation and sentiments and put Nigeria first in our thinking.
On the current loan request by the federal government to the tune of $30 billion is the crux of the matter being subjected to public opinion.

Some people are bouyed by the benefits they envisage this loan can do for NIGERIA at this period of recession while others do not consider the gains to be worth mortgaging the future of the unborn generation.

Nairalanders, where do you stand undecided

LIKE IF YOU SUPPORT THE LOAN

SHARE IF YOU ARE AGAINST IT

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala mynd44

9 Likes 75 Shares

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Kindly tell us what you clicked as your opinion in your comment.

Thanks cool
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by richidinho(m): 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
If the millitary were able to build some of the country's assets without borrowing that much even when our crude was not sold up to $20, i think there is absolutely no need to borrow that much

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by maslong(m): 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
NO to slavery loan
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
maslong:
NO to slavery loan
What makes the loan a slavery loan?

Pls educate us

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by Bethelwealthy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
This loan is the destruction button of Nigeria. How can a govt which had not shown any evidence of work done ask for a loan that is almost the same as our foreign reserve.
If this loan is granted, my children's children future is sold. And I cant support such move...........
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by PapaBrowne(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
I dey come

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by banki(m): 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
the problem is that some of us just come here and talk all because we dislike the president

okonjo iweala under the government of obasanjo.....Nigeria got all our debts free

How come we started owing so much under Jonathan? and yet we call buhari names
buhari wanted to sell national assets we refused
buhari wants to borrow we are angry
we support people that loot funds
we support people that blow pipelines
we see faults in everything
all because we lost an election
are we doing buhari or doing ourselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
This loan is the destruction button of Nigeria. How can a govt which had not shown any evidence of work done ask for a loan that is almost the same as our foreign reserve.
If this loan is granted, my children's children future is sold. And I cant support such move...........

Points made undecided
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
banki:
the problem is that some of us just come here and talk all because we dislike the president

okonjo iweala under the government of obasanjo.....Nigeria got all our debts free

What's your point

Are you for or against the loan undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by Siberia101: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2016
I Clicked Share...

I Don't want the SGF to clear grasses with $10billion grin

10 Likes

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 2:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Siberia101:
I Clicked Share...

I Don't want the SGF to clear grasses with $10billion grin

As funny as this sounds

This is the fear of many Nigerians undecided

This government is not looters-free undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by PaulIdu: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
No further loans till corruption is eradicated and total cost of governance reduced by 80 percent ..I clicked share
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
PaulIdu:
No further loans till corruption is eradicated and total cost of governance reduced by 80 percent ..I clicked share

Is your condition possible in Nigeria undecided
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by PaulIdu: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Is your condition possible in Nigeria undecided

In that case no loan ..let's all make do with what we have jare
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by PentiumProf: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
The person accessing the loan can not manage the money judiciously
He is not fit and proper to be entrusted with such money
The money if given to him will end up in the pockets of cabals ask abba kyari
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by YouthsPC0: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
Our generation paid for the Paris club loan collected by Buhari and his generation but graciously cleared by Okonjo and her team thanks to the political will of OBJ,

Why should any sane Nigerian click like

A government that took Nigeria from a fastest growing economy into recession

A govt under whose watch Nigeria currency started competing activity with the Zimbabwean dollar and later tissue paper

A Govt where stealing by anyone appointed by Buhari is called saving even if it involves glaring grass with 270 million

A Govt that never kept its words how are we sure it won't divert the fund to other useless use.
Buhari is yet keep any of his promise even the one he promised on fuel price, dollar devaluation, and asset declaration he never kept.

A govt that sees a part of the country as a foreign land

The bulk of the money Buhari intend to Burrow will go to

Transport : : with Amaechi as head you know what will happen , the Port Harcourt light rail cost more than Abuja and addis Ababa yet the later are functional but you all know where that cash went

Power : Fashola also does not inspire confidence this days before he came to power at least we could boast of 12- 18 hrs of electricity today what we get is 30 min to 3 hrs max so should I give fash another loan to build website's.

Buhari has two more years to go

My children are not ready to pay for Buharis incompetence

I vote Share

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by EVarn(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
If their is a clear cut roadmap(blueprint) on how the money will be spent
and if the government will be transparent with the use of the money.Then their is no reason why we shouldn't borrow.

However,I wouldnt advice borrowing to service recurrent expenditures; let the money be borrowed for strictly capital projects that will reflate the economy,provide jobs and generate revenue that will be used to repay the loan.
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
EVarn:
If their is a clear cut roadmap(blueprint) on how the money will be spent
and if the government will be transparent with the use of the money.Then their is no reason why we shouldn't borrow.

However,I wouldnt advice borrowing to service recurrent expenditures; let the money be borrowed for strictly capital projects that will reflate the economy,provide jobs and generate revenue that will be used to repay the loan.

Are you for or against the loan?
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by Sibrah: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
richidinho:
If the millitary were able to build some of the country's assets without borrowing that much even when our crude was not sold up to $20, i think there is absolutely no need to borrow that much
Please how much was the FG's recurrent bill as at that time? How much did it cost to produce a barrel of oil then? I can tell you it cost $29 to produce a barrel today.
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by Sibrah: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
YouthsPC0:
Our generation paid for the Paris club loan collected by Buhari and his generation but graciously cleared by Okonjo and her team thanks to the political will of OBJ
When there was suggestion of national asset sales at least we saw some of the assets built by Buhari during his first stint being mentioned as possible option. Where are the asset of GEJ or Aregbesola or Kwankwasor? You need to do away with this blind hate for Buhari?
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by EVarn(m): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Are you for or against the loan?
If you read my post keenly,you will be aware of my preference.
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2016
Sibrah:
When there was suggestion of national asset sales at least we saw some of the assets built by Buhari during his first stint being mentioned as possible option. Where are the asset of GEJ or Aregbesola or Kwankwasor? You need to do away with this blind hate for Buhari?

Pls don't derail the thread

What'S your opinion?
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by Sibrah: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Pls don't derail the thread

What'S your opinion?
Read my post well n realize I am for it . . .
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
Sibrah:
Read my post well n realize I am for it . . .

You were just ambiguous and conditional

Where do you stand undecided
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by k2kay(m): 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Capital NO! The govt cant be trusted with the money...too many lies over a year.
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
More comments
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by horlabiyi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Buhari kindly explain

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by NaijaMutant(f): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
horlabiyi:
Buhari kindly explain

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by Viktor1983(m): 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
This government is no good, They can't handle $30billion..
The steerer of APC's ship is blind.
I've got zero faith in them..
Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by LadyExcellency: 12:44am On Nov 04, 2016
banki:

You are a liar.

Jonathan only incurred an external debt of $3.7 billion out of $9.7 billion of which 33% was incurred by States.
While he has a domestic debt of N2.7 trillion

Yar'dua administration had a domestic debt of N2.6 trillion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Opinion Poll On The $30 Billion Loan by flamingREED(m): 3:06am On Nov 04, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You are a liar.

Jonathan only incurred an external debt of $3.7 billion out of $9.7 billion of which 33% was incurred by States.
While he has a domestic debt of N2.7 trillion

Yar'dua administration had a domestic debt of N2.6 trillion.

Long time,
IFL (intellectual first lady).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Make 9.1 Billion From Igbo Land / Photo Of President Buhari Walking Into The Drawing Room At The State House,abuja / Breaking News - Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.