Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (628490 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Cowboy78: 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
Anyone here from Benue State?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by charleslifted(m): 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
Cowboy78:
oyi hw fa?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Cowboy78: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
charleslifted:
oyi hw fa?
Hey bro, are you applying for PhD or MSc? OSS or LSS?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by vinnyvince(m): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
Cowboy78:

Yes I am...MSc OSS
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by samothliza(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
my friends why are you disturbing yourself about PTDF scholarship even those LSS for 2015/2016 session were not even paid.
am a potential final year student of university of maiduguri studying geology and we wrote ptdf exams when I was in part 2 but up know we Haven't received anything from PTDF even d award letter and d laptops, we keep on disturbing them with mails n their reply always was " We are making efforts to deliver it.if ptdf are serious let them settle last year successful candidate.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by EngrVin: 1:16am On Aug 15, 2017
Stop being negative. I was a PTDF LSS Undergraduate scholar, ABU Zaria and I graduated 2015. We were paid everything in full. Though it will delay, it will surely come. Why not u go back to your co scholars, meet your school LSS coordinator and find a way forward. U need a representaive from your set to accelerate the process, even if it means going to Abuja. Above all, be optimisic.

Cheers

samothliza:
my friends why are you disturbing yourself about PTDF scholarship even those LSS for 2015/2016 session were not even paid.
am a potential final year student of university of maiduguri studying geology and we wrote ptdf exams when I was in part 2 but up know we Haven't received anything from PTDF even d award letter and d laptops, we keep on disturbing them with mails n their reply always was " We are making efforts to deliver it.if ptdf are serious let them settle last year successful candidate.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by flexisafsupport: 8:00am On Aug 15, 2017
Hello All,
We are all indeed on the edge waiting for the shortlisted successful applicants to be contacted. The PTDF is well aware of the timeline applicants have before admission is closed. We assure you that the PTDF is trying its best to make sure the list is out as soon as possible.

Kindly exercise a little more patience and we believe the best would come out for us all. Wishing us all the very best

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2017
flexisafsupport:
Hello All,
We are all indeed on the edge waiting for the shortlisted successful applicants to be contacted. The PTDF is well aware of the timeline applicants have before admission is closed. We assure you that the PTDF is trying its best to make sure the list is out as soon as possible.

Kindly exercise a little more patience and we believe the best would come out for us all. Wishing us all the very best

We need it to be able to get CAS Number and apply for visa before classes start.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by michaelella: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2017
flexisafsupport:
Hello All,

While we appreciate ur noble attempt to douse the tension, ur statement appears vague. With no timeline suggested by u, then it's even more worrying.

Question. How "soon" is "soon"?

Nevertheless, thank u.

it's me, Ur guy, Mr Yimu.

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by barnybarbs: 9:31am On Aug 15, 2017
''Trying it's best to make sure the list is out'' Are they drafting 2018 budget?

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2017
flexisafsupport:
Hello All,

TBH, this post is speculative. And sadly we have no option but wait however long it takes.

But, how hard is it to shortlist candidates from CBT of over 5 weeks?! How hard to shortlist PhD candidates that we heard were decided on almost immediately?

How hard is it to send the list of shortlisted candidates to the press or upload on PTDF site?

My brother....

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sunnystooth(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2017
flexisafsupport:
Hello All,

Do they really need to be contacted first before the comprehensive lists are released?
Am I the only one seeing that or maybe I'm just reading out of context?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by akatovic1: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Do they really need to be contacted first before the comprehensive lists are released?
Am I the only one seeing that or maybe I'm just reading out of context?
my brother no be only you see am o cool shocked cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 1stPolymath(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2017
so ptdf is only aware of the timeline applicants hv b4 admission is closed? not even the start date of the programmes so they consciously don't even care whether d awardees resume late or even defer? embarassed

it's hard to believe that they'r putting in their best, if this is their best, den it's called incompetence, sorry to say

flexisafsupport:
Hello All,

9 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2017
1stPolymath:
so ptdf is only aware of the timeline applicants hv b4 admission is closed? not even the start date of the programmes so they consciously don't even care whether d awardees resume late or even defer? embarassed

it's hard to believe that they'r putting in their best, if this is their best, den it's called incompetence, sorry to say

you don't need to be sorry, you are right.

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mlayidi: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
It will reach September.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by nk89: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
How do we remedy the mediocrity of the Nigerian system?
This mind blowing delay, is absolutely a show of lack of credibility...
God should please help us oo..., because we can't continue this way.
I just trust that my admission will remain until the list is out.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
flexisafsupport:
Hello All,

Can you kindly give us exact date than a little time that may come next month?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by aphrodisiac(m): 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Please house, is it possible to apply for a different course from the one I sat for during the msc cbt test, although related?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DXXMI: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
aphrodisiac:
Please house, is it possible to apply for a different course from the one I sat for during the msc cbt test, although related?
Very possible
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lack of credibility.

well, d school I applied for does not resume in September. I've not even completed d admission process.

Even if ptdf wan do small ojoro, it shouldn't be that hard.

Guys just don't be shocked. Ptdf ES has repeatedly said that d number of oss scholars will b reduced dis year, wit a corresponding increase in LSS.

List is Whats important. funny enough, ASUU is on strike
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Virtuoso89: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
adakoleagbenu:
Lack of credibility.

well, d school I applied for does not resume in September. I've not even completed d admission process.

Even if ptdf wan do small ojoro, it shouldn't be that hard.

Guys just don't be shocked. Ptdf ES has repeatedly said that d number of oss scholars will b reduced dis year, wit a corresponding increase in LSS.

List is Whats important. funny enough, ASUU is on strike

The emboldened is specious. Their budget from 2002 has progressively increased till date yet they are trying to find justification for reducing the number of OS scholars.

They have reduced OSS from 9 per state for NON-ND states to 5 and 13 to 6 for ND states. What other reduction will they need to do to prove that they are now prioritising the LSS?

Why incorporate PRESSID scholars of 13/14 and abandon 14/15 scholars whose names you published, yet 2 years down the line still use PRESSID as an excuse for reducing the OSS list?

Why give DPR and co free slots to fill in a handful of names no matter the school of choice yet subject others who actually participated in a testing phase to the ridicule of forcing them sometimes to consider schools in countries they would not have considered?

Why have a separate list different from the published one that may contain names more than the published list if you feel you are truly phasing out the OSS?

Nigerians need to understand the insidiousness that has become part and parcel of the PTDF.

The day of reckoning is coming.

7 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
Virtuoso89:

The emboldened is specious. Their budget from 2002 has progressively increased till date yet they are trying to find justification for reducing the number of OS scholars.

They have reduced OSS from 9 per state for NON-ND states to 5 and 13 to 6 for ND states. What other reduction will they need to do to prove that they are now prioritising the LSS?

Why incorporate PRESSID scholars of 13/14 and abandon 14/15 scholars whose names you published, yet 2 years down the line still use PRESSID as an excuse for reducing the OSS list?

Why give DPR and co free slots to fill in a handful of names no matter the school of choice yet subject others who actually participated in a testing phase to the ridicule of forcing them sometimes to consider schools in countries they would not have considered?

Why have a separate list different from the published one that may contain names more than the published list if you feel you are truly phasing out the OSS?

Nigerians need to understand the insidiousness that has become part and parcel of the PTDF.

in fact, there was one year dat d National Assembly had to call them to explain their suspicious budget. n there was a serious beef btw dem.

I'm just saying this because the executive secretary has repeatedly said this.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
incompetence is understatement. How do ptdf delibrately allow the successful scholars to resume late due to their own inefficiency and still expect scholars to perform very well in their studies as ambassadors of the country.�� really unfortunate.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Winston91(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
I just must say this

This is grave incompetence on the side of both PTDF and FlexiSAF

How can just you just come from nowhere and say you are on the EDGE....Which edge!!!

The person handling this FlexiSAF support account, I hope you know the meaning of words you have used in your last broadcast?

I COMMAND you (PTDF and FLEXISAF to release this list before Saturday 19th August or else!!!!

We need to Get CAS which takes 1-2 weeks

We need to apply for Visas which takes about 3 weeks...or does PTDF and the UK embassy have a special arrangement to grant us visa in one week?

We need to plan our travel

We need to be settlwd in tge UK...Do our registrations, get accommodation and start classes by latest 3rd week of September...some.courses I hear is even first week of September

There is nothing to be on the edge, come down from the edge abeg!!!

Rubbish!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
This thread is now silent. People are losing interest. Our messages and twits has pressurised flexisafsupport to talk at last but this is not good enough. We want results.

How can you advertise for overseas and local scholarship since last year October and up till now after mid-August no outcome yet you talk about being patient. In last minute, u pressurise scholars unprepared to a foreign land. Can you tell me any country in the world that will allow this?

U keep telling us you want to increase local scholars when there are incompetent ASUU-strike universities. You made it mandatory for us to sign before our tests and interview. Do not decrease OSS slots anymore. From 13 to 6 in Niger Delta and from 9 to 4 in other states. And now you want to decrease this for the common man!

Yet you have another lists of senators, House of reps , Nysc awardees, dpr and pressid and many more you use our money you collected from federal government budget to fund.

This is unacceptable.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
Virtuoso89:

You are really a virtuoso

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by EngrVin: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
I believe we are not just educated, but also learned. All these outburst and comments are uncalled for. Being a PTDF Scholar is only a privileged and not a right. Why not exercise patience and hope for the best!
Cheers

Winston91:
I just must say this

This is grave incompetence on the side of both PTDF and FlexiSAF

How can just you just come from nowhere and say you are on the EDGE....Which edge!!!

The person handling this FlexiSAF support account, I hope you know the meaning of words you have used in your last broadcast?

I COMMAND you (PTDF and FLEXISAF to release this list before Saturday 19th August or else!!!!

We need to Get CAS which takes 1-2 weeks

We need to apply for Visas which takes about 3 weeks...or does PTDF and the UK embassy have a special arrangement to grant us visa in one week?

We need to plan our travel

We need to be settlwd in tge UK...Do our registrations, get accommodation and start classes by latest 3rd week of September...some.courses I hear is even first week of September

There is nothing to be on the edge, come down from the edge abeg!!!

Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 9:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
@ EngrVin What is your definition of patience. Or do you use a different dictionary??
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 1stPolymath(m): 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
huh? so they use their family wealth to fund the scholarship abi? Anyway, most pple don't even know their rights
EngrVin:
I believe we are not just educated, but also learned. All these outburst and comments are uncalled for. Being a PTDF Scholar is only a privileged and not a right. Why not exercise patience and hope for the best!
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.