Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (629638 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by kolladey(m): 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
pls,i need materials on Renewable Energy Engineering. Pls,som1 should help. My email is murikoladey@yahoo.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Ayopedro(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2017
Pls I need past questions
Aygeo89gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by sylvo: 2:00am On Jan 27, 2017
Please I need past question my mail is sylvo4real2000@yahoo.com I would appreciate a swift response. Thanks all and success. I wouldn't mind getting materials on advance control systems and Instrumentation.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by aphrodisiac(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2017
Please can those who are currently on scholarship assist us with the study materials and area of concentration for the exams. I applied for Petroleum Engineering and would be very grateful if some one assisted.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Shurnom(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2017
Hello Sir I need your reply urgently. As I've completed my application. Overseas scholarship in the UK. But please does my admission have to be from the listed schools (Russell Group Universities) and for the approved courses? Looking forward to your reply
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Anna1: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
standard123:
Sent
Please help with the past questions... odunayobukky1@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by emeroking: 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
When will they start contacting candidates for the exams
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by AlMuflihah(f): 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
Please anyone applying for environmental engineering?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mystikal(m): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2017
Nerode1st@yahoo.com please. Anyone with past questions here would be highly appreciated too. Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2017
Shurnom:
Hello Sir I need your reply urgently. As I've completed my application. Overseas scholarship in the UK. But please does my admission have to be from the listed schools (Russell Group Universities) and for the approved courses? Looking forward to your reply

Not exactly. They always allow exceptions if you did secure the scholarship
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
emeroking:
When will they start contacting candidates for the exams

Have you finish reading? What course are you going for so I can bombard you with sample question
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by kenitheo: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
I need ptdf scholarship questions. preferably the one for pollution control my email address is kenitheo@yahoo.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by AlMuflihah(f): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2017
Mayflowa:

Have you finish reading? What course are you going for so I can bombard you with sample question
Abegi sir bombard me with environmental engineering
I need push to become serious, I no take the exams serious.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Marshall008: 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
Please I will like to know if last year scholars, did theory, because I knew that they did cbt,.. Just want to ask if theory was there too
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2017
Can someone please send past questions to me. I applied for Geology and Petroleum Geology. My email address is emiliareads@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by orelio(m): 11:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hello guys,I'm applying for energy system engineering.... Please i would be needing the past question for the ptdf exam... Aladetolae@yahoo.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 1:18am On Jan 28, 2017
AlMuflihah:

Abegi sir bombard me with environmental engineering
I need push to become serious, I no take the exams serious.

For environmental engineering, besides o level maths, physics and chemistry questions. You are going to find questions on safety. Like what is incidence or accidents, what is EIA?
There is she'll level 1 and 2 safety you need to know. Or you can Google pdf material on general safety or introduction to safety.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 1:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Marshall008:
Please I will like to know if last year scholars, did theory, because I knew that they did cbt,.. Just want to ask if theory was there too

No. There use to be theory. That ended in 2007. Of course, candidates won't get fair grading and option-based questions are marked immediately. You don't hv to pay professors too to mark them.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 1:34am On Jan 28, 2017
@All, the past questions for individuals courses are not really around except when they were theory based. What is in common place is the general questions which are mostly current affairs in section one. I think last year was even different. What mostly came out was English plus a few maths questions ( to be confirmed). This section is only 20% of everything. So I just want you to know what you are up against.

What you should ask is to know the area each individual course concentrates it's question's on. Then find introductory book online to work at it.

Haven't said that, I hv only seen two real exam type question in ptdf yanked from the computer on the exam day. This one in not available in the public domain. I am not sure anyone that has it would send it to you. Don't read astray please
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Marshall008: 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mayflowa:
@All, the past questions for individuals courses are not really around except when they were theory based. What is in common place is the general questions which are mostly current affairs in section one. I think last year was even different. What mostly came out was English plus a few maths questions ( to be confirmed). This section is only 20% of everything. So I just want you to know what you are up against.

What you should ask is to know the area each individual course concentrates it's question's on. Then find introductory book online to work at it.

Haven't said that, I hv only seen two real exam type question in ptdf yanked from the computer on the exam day. This one in not available in the public domain. I am not sure anyone that has it would send it to you. Don't read astray please

I taught, it is a general question, or are u saying questions from area of concentration will be in the MCQ.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by AlMuflihah(f): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

For environmental engineering, besides o level maths, physics and chemistry questions. You are going to find questions on safety. Like what is incidence or accidents, what is EIA?
There is she'll level 1 and 2 safety you need to know. Or you can Google pdf material on general safety or introduction to safety.
Ah gbese! o:
What you just stated isn't part of the scope of environmental engineering at all. if I will be tested on those that means I still get work to do o.
Please sir can you add me on Whatsapp I need your guidance sir. 08037185842
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
Marshall008:

I taught, it is a general question, or are u saying questions from area of concentration will be in the MCQ.

There is section one common to everybody which comprises English, mathematics and current affairs. The total mark for this is 20%. 40 questions to be done in 30mins. Each question is half point. Failed one is quarter point minus

The second section is area of concentration. They are also MCQ based. No negative marks for failed questions. This is 80%. This part is tough if you don't prepare right.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
AlMuflihah:

Ah gbese! o:
What you just stated isn't part of the scope of environmental engineering at all. if I will be tested on those that means I still get work to do o.
Please sir can you add me on Whatsapp I need your guidance sir. 0803718584

Is mathematics, physics and chemistry not starting point for engineering? Is environment management not part of engineering? Many subjects area are combined. HSE would do same option as environmental engineering
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by aphrodisiac(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

Haven't said that, I hv only seen two real exam type question in ptdf yanked from the computer on the exam day. This one in not available in the public domain. I am not sure anyone that has it would send it to you. Don't read ugh astray please
Actually what I want is not past questions but the area of concentration from those that wrote the exams last year. For some body like me that has a different first degree from what I applied for, it would be very difficult downloading materials and reading.reading them without a knowledge of where to focus more on.I have a BEng Chemical Engineering but applied for MSc Petroleum Engineering
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
aphrodisiac:

Actually what I want is not past questions but the area of concentration from those that wrote the exams last year. For some body like me that has a different first degree from what I applied for, it would be very difficult downloading materials and reading.reading them without a knowledge of where to focus more on.I have a BEng Chemical Engineering but applied for MSc Petroleum Engineering

This is easy. You need to download free pdf document on introduction to petroleum engineering. Even YouTube video and some presentation slide can be of help. Goodluck
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by donasere(m): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
Oga mayflowa please what area do you feel one going for petroleum geology should concentrate on?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
donasere:
Oga mayflowa please what area do you feel one going for petroleum geology should concentrate on?

You would be doing same option as geology guys. So most questions would be on fundamental of geology. The pdf is online. Download it.

You should know the different type of rock. Where rock bears crude oil, how it is formed, reservoir engineering etc.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by donasere(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

You would be doing same option as geology guys. So most questions would be on fundamental of geology. The pdf is online. Download it.

You should know the different type of rock. Where rock bears crude oil, how it is formed, reservoir engineering etc.

Thanks boss!
That's covered!!!
Are you a current or past ptdf scholar
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
donasere:

Thanks boss!
That's covered!!!
Are you a current or past ptdf scholar

Past. 2011 scholar

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 1:40am On Jan 29, 2017
mecigr8s:
To those in the know, is there any form of binding agreement between the Federal Government and successful scholars to return immediately after the completion of studies?I am asking because some successful scholars might want to have a bit of work experience abroad, either within academic environment or other industries to further strengthen their overall worth.The adventurous ones may even want to settle down and begin a new life after their programmes.Can those in the know share their lines of thought(either based on direct experience or otherwise) on this inquiry!

You can do anything you like after studies. However, this is not objective of the Ptdf programme. You are suppose to come back after studies but Ptdf just give scholars leeway because there isn't job in the country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.