Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,657 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (629376 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DSSHQ: 8:26pm On May 15, 2017
The tips are general. I'm afraid, there's no past question on it. Just go through your basics. You will be fine.
SurvTessy:

pls wot abt environmental remote sensing? any tips n past questions too? tnks. tak2tessy@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Rocorleone: 9:24pm On May 15, 2017
When is the set date for this exam
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by dralemania: 9:52pm On May 15, 2017
This people should give us date Abeg. I finished my NYSC early this month. I'm stil waiting behind at Abj cos I already put it as my center. had I known it would take this long I would have put Lagos, which is where I based
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 8:19am On May 16, 2017
DSSHQ:
1.There are no recent past questions for the examination in public domain. PTDF has no fixed pattern per se. Questions change always especially for the subject specific areas.The examiners are Professionals. Study smart.
2.The examination is very competitive. Little things matter and can swing the tide in your favour.
3.No option is easy as you think.Focus on your area. The questions are usually simple ( not hard) but can be tricky. Sometimes, the question types can be loop -sided. For example, Petroleum engineering will just focus on thermal enhanced oil recovery methods, Renewables on biofuels, Design of rotating machines on Welding, Environmental engineering on TLVs etc.
4. Most states are very competitive. So people score very high and they do not make it for this reason.
5. Group the various areas into many smaller groups.Then , you can have an idea of where you fall under and the questions you will likely answer.
6.I'm not sure the budget had too much to do with the delay. There's some internal restructuring going on in PTDF. Some people were sacked because of corruption.
7. PhD hopefuls like us need to just be at their best. Very competitive selection process.
8.Pray and ask God to crown your effort with success. Many people need this as you do too. Something has to tilt the balance in your favour.

I hope this helps someone. I compiled these information from some past scholars, members of the internal caucus of ptdf and from people who have attempted the exams previously. Cheers

what will Hse Focus on Please

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by zinosleek(m): 8:27am On May 16, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 8:28am On May 16, 2017
omojehovah:

Nice one. For petroleum engineering questions, last year questions weren't actually thermal enhanced oil recovery so to say, the questions were more of production engineering. Flow patterns in vertical and horizontal pipes (their characteristics, how they are formed and so on), wax precipitation (cloud point, pour point, etc), maybe 3-5 calculation questions(API gravity and so on). About 30+ true or false questions, questions with options (the options look ambiguous but its not). Some questions are exact opposite of another question (so if u miss one, u will likely miss the second one), some questions are set twice (maybe 1or2). In a nutshell, prepare for important parts of PE and at the same do not neglect those seemingly unimportant parts. Those going for Sedimentary basin and evolution make sure you read sedimentary environments and their features, types of basins and their formation maybe tectonic plates too sha. Wish you GOD's best.

what should HSE people read oh

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by omojehovah(m): 9:57am On May 16, 2017
DeniseKendricks:

what should HSE people read oh
Check previous pages of the thread.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by itodovict: 10:03am On May 16, 2017
pls can DMainMan and any other good person help me with the ptdf oss past question. my mail: mrfridayvictory@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by salahudeentope: 10:08am On May 16, 2017
I recently changed mine to Lagos too last week, just go to the website, its still there.
dralemania:
This people should give us date Abeg. I finished my NYSC early this month. I'm stil waiting behind at Abj cos I already put it as my center. had I known it would take this long I would have put Lagos, which is where I based
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by itodovict: 11:17am On May 16, 2017
tundeloveday:

Sorry mate. Don't have for control. Can only guarantee for all last year 60 questions for environmental related
Courses with other questions that have good chance to be out. Also With other past years general questions.
You may not be too bothered about English questions if they are to be set this time out. They are giveaways for a graduate who didn't get his/her degree through the back door. Don't 100% expect English language section this time so u avoid a shocker. May your star guide u. It's worth it
Pls Tunde forward me the past question: mrfridayvictory@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by itodovict: 11:22am On May 16, 2017
tundeloveday:

Sorry mate. Don't have for control. Can only guarantee for all last year 60 questions for environmental related
Courses with other questions that have good chance to be out. Also With other past years general questions.
You may not be too bothered about English questions if they are to be set this time out. They are giveaways for a graduate who didn't get his/her degree through the back door. Don't 100% expect English language section this time so u avoid a shocker. May your star guide u. It's worth it
Pls Tunde I need the past question. pls do send it to :mrfridayvictory@gmail.com. God bless
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by itodovict: 11:28am On May 16, 2017
I beg u my people. pls if anyone has past question on Instrumentation and Contol for OSS pls do send it to me: mrfridayvictory@gmail.com. i will appreciate in no small measures.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 1:41pm On May 16, 2017
silentdude:
@Omojehovah plz, do you have any slight info or inkling about questions on Pipeline engineering?
I don't really know how best I can tell you, but read up on subsea, too. Both are coupled n related discipline. If you can know n understand field development, flow assurance, subsea integrity, offshore operations, decommissioning of pipeline, installation of subsea systems, you will have know problem.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 1:51pm On May 16, 2017
Dblaz:
u wont understand bros... they're as tough as if I already have my msc in the course. Please share some links with me if possible. wink
you are right. Most of the questions are designed as what you will study for your masters, except if the question is a general engineering principle for undergraduate that one can easily answer.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by toprealman: 3:56pm On May 16, 2017
dralemania:
u can still change it....put a call through, explain your situation.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Anfieldboss: 4:02pm On May 16, 2017
If this week passes and we don't hear from PTDF, then it's most likely the test may not hold this month.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mballowa: 6:07pm On May 16, 2017
Anfieldboss:
If this week passes and we don't hear from PTDF, then it's most likely the test may not hold this month.
I dont think it will hold this month, even today i called their customer support. The guy told no date has been fixed yet.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by kolladey(m): 6:32pm On May 16, 2017
omojehovah:

study the sun and it's rays, Glance through all renewables, Read about graphs associated with energy management, Read About countries associated with these renewables, Eg : highest coal producer or consumer etc. I'm thinking BP statistical data can also help, you can get it from google.
Thanks bro. I appreciate.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by silentdude(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2017
guiddoti:
I don't really know how best I can tell you, but read up on subsea, too. Both are coupled n related discipline. If you can know n understand field development, flow assurance, subsea integrity, offshore operations, decommissioning of pipeline, installation of subsea systems, you will have know problem.

I would be grateful if you could help with reading guides for those topics you've highlighted.
Really Appreciate your input bro.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by omojehovah(m): 7:19pm On May 16, 2017
kolladey:
Thanks bro. I appreciate.
Anytime bro.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Renzel: 9:08pm On May 16, 2017
What will we believe as regards the test date now? Today we hear a date has been set, tomorrow we hear no date yet. PTDF dey make us wait like say them be Jesus.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by charleslifted(m): 10:48pm On May 16, 2017
Hehehehe. For those waiting to hear the set date.. Una never chee chumtin😀😀😀😂😂😂
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by subseaman(m): 11:16pm On May 16, 2017
Mballowa:

I dont think it will hold this month, even today i called their customer support. The guy told no date has been fixed yet.
But the guy never said it won't hold this month and even if it will hold or not,he will never be able to tell you the date of the exam.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by buiquiey(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=itodovict post=56570074]
Please Tunde kindly send me the Environmental Engineering past quiz.. Tanx in anticipation.. rodoschem007@yahoo.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by omojehovah(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=buiquiey post=56596835][/quote]

Read previous pages of this thread, say fro page 40+ you'd likely find areas of concentration for last year's test on environmental engineering. I doubt if there is recent past questions available for all to see.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Ushongo: 10:07am On May 17, 2017
tundeloveday:

pls help me with environmental studies & HSE materials to samoh.ft@yahoo.com pls include those for CONVERSION OF DERIVATIVES & UTILIZATION, tnk u in advance
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Ushongo: 10:13am On May 17, 2017
Pls help me out with materials on: CONVERSION OF DERIVATIVES & UTILIZATION to samoh.ft@yahoo.com and those for ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES & HSE will also be appreciated. Thanking u in advance
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by emeroking: 10:46am On May 17, 2017
So many request of past questions, are there past questions available, and those anyone have them in his or her possession,. I don't know what to believe, can someone help

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.