Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (628209 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
dazzlingd:

lol, just imagine...profs setting exams indeed, profs that copy and paste. I can say confidently that 100% of the questions from all sections were copy and paste from various sources...

Lol! We've been able to unravel 40 out of 100, biko if you have info about where they picked the remaining 60, make we know o.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
DreManuel:

Lol! We've been able to unravel 40 out of 100, biko if you have info about where they picked the remaining 60, make we know o.
Am sure u scored 40/40
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Unstoppable100:
Am sure u scored 40/40
Not at all. I wish I saw that material before the test.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by comey2020: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello guys, Flesaf, have anyone see this news feeds from dailitrust regarding the idea of stopping overseas scholarships by the PTDF? It is now very clear from the PTDF boss himself:
The Executive Secretary, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), Dr Bello Gusau, says the National College for Petroleum Studies, Kaduna would soon become operational.

Gusau said this while answering questions from journalists on Saturday in Kaduna after inspecting the conduct of examination for the PTDF scholarship scheme.

The examination was conducted across the six geopolitical zones for candidates who applied to undertake Masters degrees in various courses related to the Oil and Gas sector.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that work on the college, awarded at over N15 billion in 2009, was to be completed within within two years.

NAN reports that eight years after, the project still remains uncompleted.

The Executive Secretary, however, assured that the project was at its final stage and “the institute would be operational sooner than later.”

The college is designed to run advanced professional courses for oil and gas workers in the ECOWAS sub region.

Gusau said also that the PTDF had met with Vice Chancellors of 40 Federal Universities offering courses relating to Oil and Gas, so as to redirect its overseas scholarship award to local institutions.

The official said substantial number of applicants taking the 2017/2018 PTDF scholarship test would be admitted in Nigerian Universities already running courses in oil and gas related areas.

NAN reports that 4,949 shortlisted candidates sat for the examination nationwide.

The executive secretary assured that innovations had been introduced to ensure transparency and integrity of the process.

NAN reports that no fewer than 500 candidates with significant number of women sat for the test in Kaduna centre, under the supervision of officials of the Federal Character Commission. (NAN)

Source: https://dailytrust.com.ng/news/education/kaduna-petroleum-college-to-become-operational-soon-says-gusau/204590.html
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by comey2020: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
The important paragraph in the executive secretary's feeds are:

Gusau said also that the PTDF had met with Vice Chancellors of 40 Federal Universities offering courses relating to Oil and Gas, so as to redirect its overseas scholarship award to local institutions.

The official said substantial number of applicants taking the 2017/2018 PTDF scholarship test would be admitted in Nigerian Universities already running courses in oil and gas related areas
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
comey2020:
Hello guys, Flesaf, have anyone see this news feeds from dailitrust regarding the idea of stopping overseas scholarships by the PTDF? It is now very clear from the PTDF boss himself:
The Executive Secretary, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), Dr Bello Gusau, says the National College for Petroleum Studies, Kaduna would soon become operational.

Gusau said this while answering questions from journalists on Saturday in Kaduna after inspecting the conduct of examination for the PTDF scholarship scheme.

The examination was conducted across the six geopolitical zones for candidates who applied to undertake Masters degrees in various courses related to the Oil and Gas sector.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that work on the college, awarded at over N15 billion in 2009, was to be completed within within two years.

NAN reports that eight years after, the project still remains uncompleted.

The Executive Secretary, however, assured that the project was at its final stage and “the institute would be operational sooner than later.”

The college is designed to run advanced professional courses for oil and gas workers in the ECOWAS sub region.

The official said substantial number of applicants taking the 2017/2018 PTDF scholarship test would be admitted in Nigerian Universities already running courses in oil and gas related areas.

NAN reports that 4,949 shortlisted candidates sat for the examination nationwide.

The executive secretary assured that innovations had been introduced to ensure transparency and integrity of the process.

NAN reports that no fewer than 500 candidates with significant number of women sat for the test in Kaduna centre, under the supervision of officials of the Federal Character Commission. (NAN)

Source: https://dailytrust.com.ng/news/education/kaduna-petroleum-college-to-become-operational-soon-says-gusau/204590.html

Say they choose 4 per state plus the FCT for the OSS, that would amount to just 148 out of the 4949 that wrote the test, so it's still correct to say that substantial number of the applicants will be absorbed in local schools.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Please, I'm just curious. What was the time slated for your test in your PTDF invitation mail?
8:00am @jkk building
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by comey2020: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Loook very carefully to this paragraph from the post especially pay attention to the words in UPPERCASE and ITALICIZED:

Gusau said also that the PTDF had met with Vice Chancellors of 40 Federal Universities offering courses relating to Oil and Gas, so as to REDIRECT its OVERSEAS scholarship award to LOCAL institutions.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by fetuga2: 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
DreManuel:
Don't drop your emails again, I just googled based on the fragments I could recall from the test and lo and behold I saw where they lifted most of the English questions here

http://www.govtedu.com/wp-content/uploads/ebooks/english/vocabulary-questions.pdf

Check and know where thou standeth.

They lifted 40 questions from here;

Q1-10
Q41-50
Q121-130
Q181-185
Q 191, 195, 196, 198, 199

DISCLAIMER: Abeg don't check if you are on 3rd Mainland Bridge o! grin grin grin
Dremanuel u deserve dis scholarship
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by comey2020: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
Also if you are not aware of Gusau meeting with the VCs of Nigerian 40 uni, you may wish to check this:

EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, PTDF HOSTS VICE CHANCELLORS OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES—EXPLAINS NEW STRATEGIC AGENDA

EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, PTDF HOSTS VICE CHANCELLORS OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES—EXPLAINS NEW STRATEGIC AGENDA

The full compliment of Vice Chancellors of Federal Universities in Nigeria was hosted to a meeting/ interactive session by the Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund, Dr Bello Aliyu Gusau today (11/04/17) where he discussed the new strategic agenda that will govern the training and capacity building programmes of the Fund.

At the centre of the agenda is the domestication of all PTDF training and capacity building programmes, with the implication that Nigerian universities will now play a greater role in the process as partners and major stakeholders.

PTDF Executive Secretary explained that the present scholarship arrangement which is disproportionately focused on the Overseas Scholarship Scheme, is no longer sustainable and therefore needs to be reversed, so that the bulk of the scholarship to be offered going forward, would be for training in Nigerian universities.

“At the moment PTDF has decided that there will be no more undergraduate Overseas Scholarships. All undergraduate programmes for sponsorship by PTDF will now be done in Nigerian universities. For the post graduate progarmmes, the bulk of that for both the Masters and PhD’s will be done in Nigerian universities. We are also open to collaboration especially through the split-site PhD programme”

A Cross Section of the ES and University VCs

He said the meeting/interactive session with the Vice Chancellors is to agree on relevant terms as well as gather sufficient information that will assist the Fund in the planning and implementation process. The Executive Secretary, PTDF made it clear that it has not completely jettisoned the overseas scholarship programmes, as it will continue to sponsor few candidates overseas especially for courses that are not offered in Nigerian universities and through partnership agreements with select foreign universities.

The Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Professor Abubakar Adamu Rasheed welcomed the initiative by PTDF, which he said tallies with the vision to collectively reform post graduate training in Nigeria. He described PTDF as the single most important intervention agency outside the education family that is intervening to build capacity in selected areas in this country. “No other agency in the last 20 years or more outside the education ministry has demonstrated adequate responsibility and interest in changing the knowledge industry in Nigeria….I want to commend the Executive Secretary, PTDF for his vision and his faith in the Nigerian

Source: http://ptdf.gov.ng/2017/04/12/executive-secretary-ptdf-hosts-vice-chancellors-of-federal-universities-explains-new-strategic-agenda/
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mayflowa(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
adakoleagbenu:

I saw people doing it. even some whatsapp groups. the second part? English?

Not English. The subject areas used to be the second part. I used to be a PTDF scholar
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
Someone dropped a link, one indiabix.com, a few weeks to the aptitude test. I can assure you beyond any reasonable doubt that for the "Environmental Engineering & Sustainability" field specific section which I chose during the test, all of the questions were taken from the 7 sections on https://www.indiabix.com/chemical-engineering/environmental-engineering/. I mean ALL 50 QUESTIONS, not even a single question was foreign to those on that website. I practised those questions as I had no other material for this course, hence my ability to recall all of these 50 questions even though I might have missed like 5 or so during the test. As for the English part, I totally cannot comment because it's the worst English exams I have written all my life. Bringing out such sort of questions was so unnecessary in my opinion. I mean how are such words going to actually test the English ability of a technical professional. The grammar part towards the end was the only thing I was sure I answered correctly. As for the first 50 or so questions, I leave everything in the Hands of the Lord. All the best to every deserving individual who worked hard for that day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mayflowa:

Not English. The subject areas used to be the second part. I used to be a PTDF scholar

the second part was english
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by guiddoti: 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
DreManuel:

You deserve the scholarship, truth. Don't worry, your case will be different.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Prudento: 12:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Fifty of the English questions are in the material. Hmm I've marked myself already
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Prudento: 1:06am On Jul 11, 2017
Quimica:
Someone dropped a link, one indiabix.com, a few weeks to the aptitude test. I can assure you beyond any reasonable doubt that for the "Environmental Engineering & Sustainability" field specific section which I chose during the test, all of the questions were taken from the 7 sections on https://www.indiabix.com/chemical-engineering/environmental-engineering/. I mean ALL 50 QUESTIONS, not even a single question was foreign to those on that website. I practised those questions as I had no other material for this course, hence my ability to recall all of these 50 questions even though I might have missed like 5 or so during the test. As for the English part, I totally cannot comment because it's the worst English exams I have written all my life. Bringing out such sort of questions was so unnecessary in my opinion. I mean how are such words going to actually test the English ability of a technical professional. The grammar part towards the end was the only thing I was sure I answered correctly. As for the first 50 or so questions, I leave everything in the Hands of the Lord. All the best to every deserving individual who worked hard for that day.

Ptdf exams is the most unfair exams I've ever been involved in. No level playing ground at all. Imagine this, I also studied indiabix on Process Control and instrumentation, both under electrical and chemical engineering. Not a single question was copied from Indiabix or anywhere. And I saw no question on basic Control. Instead what I saw there were Advanced Electrical Instrumentation. This is unfair.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 1:44am On Jul 11, 2017
it's not as if setting questions is that hard. it will take time and effort, but it is very possible. This is what ptdf should have done. anyhow I pray make one gum me. oss or this "substantial number" LSS. LSS may not be what we want, but I guess the ptdf knows it's way cheaper and considering this dollar wahala. N2m can comfortably train a masters student in Naija.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 3:58am On Jul 11, 2017
My brother go and read. Cos the dpr recruitment will be by exam first followed by an interview.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sunnystooth(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2017
DeniseKendricks:
8:00am @jkk building
Ok... All the best.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 7:21am On Jul 11, 2017
fetuga2:
Dremanuel u deserve dis scholarship

Amen!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2017
guiddoti:
You deserve the scholarship, truth. Don't worry, your case will be different.

Amen and you too!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Prudento:
Fifty of the English questions are in the material. Hmm I've marked myself already

Pls enlighten us on the remaining 10 questions I missed out from the material
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by sambasten: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Lmaooo cry cry God dey
271-280 make up d last 10
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 11, 2017
Quimica:

I can remember dmainman said you guys should read indiabix.com. Your effort didn't go to waste and no one should abuse u for expo.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 8:16am On Jul 11, 2017
Yes bro, I just saw it myself.

sambasten:
Lmaooo cry cry God dey
271-280 make up d last 10
DreManuel:
Don't drop your emails again, I just googled based on the fragments I could recall from the test and lo and behold I saw where they lifted most of the English questions here

http://www.govtedu.com/wp-content/uploads/ebooks/english/vocabulary-questions.pdf

Check and know where thou standeth.

They lifted 40 questions from here;

Q1-10
Q41-50
Q121-130
Q181-185
Q 191, 195, 196, 198, 199

DISCLAIMER: Abeg don't check if you are on 3rd Mainland Bridge o! grin grin grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Hardeysoye: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
http://www.careerride.com/mcq-topics/mechanical-engineering-mcq-questions-and-answers-engineering-16.aspx
For those dt wrote mechatronics and mechanical systems
D questions were lifted from dat link

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2017
The OND has already received their invitation. The test for them will be by zone. The test will hold on the 18th of this month. Meanwhile the dpr recruitment invitation for graduates will come up before month end. The exam will be CBT like ptdf. It will take place in 4 zones across the country.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by SURGEE(m): 11:08am On Jul 11, 2017
grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by SURGEE(m): 11:08am On Jul 11, 2017
Abegi, if you wrote the PTDF exam and you are an indigene of Oyo state. Kindly like or share this my post. I want to at least know the number of applicants i'm competing with as per being selected for the scholarship! grin grin grin.
At least that will give you and i the number of days we need to fast and pray!!!

.......... grin cool

shitposting..........

disclaimer: dont like or share if you're not from Oyo State oooooo.

5 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Jenykech: 11:20am On Jul 11, 2017
Ayopedro:

Lagos centre was fantastic, well supervised.
that means most of the complaints are from abuja because from comments, Enugu, Lagos, Bauchi, kaduna and PH were quite organized
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Jenykech: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2017
NairaSand:

Please send it to .......

Seen Opella. Thanks wink
please send to me too, jennikesh@gmail.com. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.