Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes (2285 Views)

How Charles Darwin Became An Atheist. / Charles Darwin To Receive Apology From D Church Of England 4 Rejecting Evolution / Darwin's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by sunnykiss(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2009
[b]1. "Warm little pond" theory: There is no solid evidence of life arising spontaneously from a chemical soup.

2. Simplicity of the cell theory: Scientists have discovered that cells are tremendously complex, not simple.

3. Theory about the cell’s simple information: It turns out cells have a digital code more complex and lengthy than any computer language made by man.

4. Theory of intermediate fossils: Where are the supposed billions of missing links in the evolutionary chain?

5. Theory of the variation of species: Genetic adaptation and mutation have proven to have fixed limits.

6. Theory of the Cambrian Explosion: This sudden appearance of most major complex animal groups at the same low level of the fossil record is still an embarrassment to evolutionists.

7. Theory of homology: Similarity of structures does not mean the evolution of structures.

8. Theory of ape evolution: Chimpanzees have not evolved into anything else. Neither has man.

9. Theory of the tree of life: Rather than all life branching from a single organism, evidence has revealed a forest of life from the very beginning.

10. Rejection of an intelligent designer: This opened the door for many to reject God, the Bible and Christianity.[/b]

Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by theseeker2: 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2009
sunkiss, nice one!
By the time the world realized the bluffs of darwin it was too late. The 'most repectable' scientist had already swallowd this hypothesis hook , liine and sinker. Even when they realized it was all a fallacy, their pride would not let them admit. They had to spin the outrageous fabrications to preserve this myth cos it had become a dogma. It had become a religion

1 Like

Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by DeepSight(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2009
Where is Huxley? Let him come and answer this case himself.
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by manmustwac(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2009
@sunkiss
can u povide proof that god created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 days? And the planet is not more than 10'000 years old?
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by petres007(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2009
OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked

This is going to be interesting! grin

[takes front seat and waits for the atheists/darwinists to come and argue their way out of this one]
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by Atheists: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2009
Wonders of the scientific method is that it criticizes itself, something religion still has to learn
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by theseeker2: 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2009
to take a line of fossils and claim that is represents a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that is testable.
Up till this date, scientist are yet to provide us with any empirical evidence for evolution
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by KAG: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2009
sunnykiss:

[b]1. "Warm little pond" theory: There is no solid evidence of life arising spontaneously from a chemical soup.

That wasn't a theory of Darwin's. While he did ponder on possibilities of life arising naturally, he, at most, stopped at contemplation in a book separate from that that contained major theories. Not that it matters anyway. I say it doesn't matter, because there are tentative finds that give sustenance to the idea that life could have arisen naturally.

2. Simplicity of the cell theory: Scientists have discovered that cells are tremendously complex, not simple.

I don't remember Darwin saying cells were simple. Could you perhaps provide the text in which he made such a claim?

3. Theory about the cell’s simple information: It turns out cells have a digital code more complex and lengthy than any computer language made by man.

Same as above. By the way, I don't think cells have a digital code.

4. Theory of intermediate fossils: Where are the supposed billions of missing links in the evolutionary chain?

He was right about the finding of fossils of intermediate species, sub-species, etc. Good examples that can be discussed are the dinosaur-bird transitionals - e.g. microraptor gui, archeopteryx, et al.; tiktaalik; Turkana boy; and so on.

No one but Creationists armed with strawmen ever expects to find billions of fossils. It's made even more obvious that this is the case, when one realises that we don't have even close to one billion fossils of anything. Hmm, using the logic of creationsts, I guess that means only few organisms have ever lived. Weird.

5. Theory of the variation of species: Genetic adaptation and mutation have proven to have fixed limits.

This is vague and makes little sense as it is. Care to elaborate?

6. Theory of the Cambrian Explosion: This sudden appearance of most major complex animal groups at the same low level of the fossil record is still an embarrassment to evolutionists.

That's a strawman or a lie. We'll find out which it is, if this discussion continues. The appearances were neither sudden nor embarrassing.

7. Theory of homology: Similarity of structures does not mean the evolution of structures.

No, but shared, unique similarities in the same positions, and nested hierarchies indicate the evolution of shared structures.

8. Theory of ape evolution: Chimpanzees have not evolved into anything else. Neither has man.

Yes, and nobody expects them to evolve into anything else.

9. Theory of the tree of life: Rather than all life branching from a single organism, evidence has revealed a forest of life from the very beginning.

Although the debate still rages, I agree with this one. In my opinion, Darwin was wrong to postulate a tree, and it was most likely a forest of life. That is, while a tree signifies a neat progression from earlier species to more recent ones, all sharing common ancestry. The reality is that, given the way nature operates, some species that may have branched off may have crossed with antecedents, and even more bizarre cross-species mating and reproduction would have occurred.

10. Rejection of an intelligent designer: This opened the door for many to reject God, the Bible and Christianity.[/b]

Darwin chose to work within the realm of science. He wasn't wrong to do that. Incidentally, Darwin was still a Christian when he formulated the theory of evolution (it took the death of his daughter to make him agnostic), and, I believe, Wallace was one, too. All which suggest that the theory of evolution needn't be a reason to reject gods, as their non-existence takes care of that nicely instead.

1 out of 10. That's a terrible score. You must do better next time.
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by huxley(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
Deep Sight:

Where is Huxley? Let him come and answer this case himself.

What is there for me to respond to? I cannot spend my time responding to the deluded idle assertions on a benighted religionist when such assertion are not backed by any arguments/evidence.
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by Uche2nna(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
huxley:

What is there for me to respond to? I cannot spend my time responding to the deluded idle assertions on a benighted religionist when such assertion are not backed by any arguments/evidence.

cheesy
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by Uche2nna(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2009
KAG:

That's a strawman or a lie. We'll find out which it is, if this discussion continues. The appearances were neither sudden nor embarrassing.

@ KAG

Interesting, can U please shed more light on this claim.

Why do U think it is not sudden? I dont know about embarrassing ,tho.

KAG:

1 out of 10. That's a terrible score. You must do better next time.

LOL
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by sunnykiss(m): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2009
grin men science and religion has little in common how can some body say man came out from ape, may be charles him self came out from apes, ok not me
Re: Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes by jagunlabi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2009
Even if darwin's theories are wrong, it still does not prove that the christian god did it in 6 days and about some 6000 years ago.So let us conclude that both parties are wrong.

(1) (Reply)

My Rational Case For The Existence Of God. / Pastor And Pastor (mrs) Adeboye's 50th Wedding Anniversary In Pix / Iya Adura Rev. Mother Esther Abimbola Ajayi Portrait Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.