Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics (17976 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by judey1992(m): 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
daveP:
African Bieber is lost but still seeing relevance. a pity his Usher Raymond( banky W) caused most of this...

95% of artistes only freestyle with beats and they package it and call it hit and we feel they've sweated it out well to earn our response.

Well I don't celebrate mediocrity, I'll prefer a lyrical song that has a message than one that constantly talks of yansh, hole, boobs, how it went down in the room, how the bottles were popped, how the party was hot and cold, how they chilled. All these can't stand a decade.

They should learn from Tupac whose hits were made from a soul that expressed his thoughts from deep inside. smh.

Wonder where Lil Kesh came from sef. He talks, he doesn't sing sef.

As for wizkid or whatever he calls himself, he needs to track back, cos even till now, it's only his first hits I still feel are hits

Don't dull

Pakurumo

Love ma baby

Lasgidi

Jaiye
because Tu pac was among america's MOST WANTED, his LIFE GOES ON UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by CreativeBot: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
Oh but you can't blame the artistes. This issue is not just about music, it affects the whole creativity industry in Nigeria; from music to radio programs to Movies to Entertainment events and even Commercials.

Do you think Nigerian advertising agencies cannot come up with stunning creative commercials like those breathtaking (Viral) adverts you see outside Nigeria? Ofcourse they can! It's just that the campaign would fail to achieve the exposure or attraction like it would abroad, because the general Nigerian audience would simply not "get" it because they don't want to think deep and hate to stress their brain. They would rather go for something simple and plain like Saka, Mama-do-good, Gerrarahere, caro, on-top-your-matter, kukere, bombom, Limpopo, bold5 babes, add your favorite stuff.

Anything that won't stretch their mind or get them thinking. You get?

The reason why deep lyrics and general creativity makes it abroad is because the audience appreciates it, so the artistes know they will be rewarded for all the time and effort they put into the work. But here we have seen too many artistes that started deep but later became shallow due to this fact. Even Inyanya started deep with that "Love Truly" track but the audience just scratched their head. Then he went loco with "kukere" and they started Laughig and paying him.

So Please don't blame wizkid or any other Nigerian entertainer for doing "rubbish" cos Really, that's what people respond to in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by nightwingjoash: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
djlaqua91:
We shouldn't always rush to condemn these artists. They're just fulfilling the market demands. You can't expect to hear a Cobham song or Frank Edward track in a club. Our dance music has ensured the foreign songs don't get that much airplay in clubs, radio etc unlike those days.
Even in US, Trap guys like Young Thug who sounds like a wounded Mosquito still sells mad. Variety is the spice of life. Although, our artists could still do more to improve their craft.
We're getting there.
kai it hafe do,i must laff...hahahahahakakajakahahaha.@wounded mosquitoe
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by branhampaul: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nigeria Music Is TOTAL Rubbish! m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCpPaCFIpVc&hl=en&gl=IN&client=mv-google
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by Alvin007: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
vikishizzu:
From the bed to the bedroom

It's 'from the bed to the bathroom'
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by daveP(m): 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
hadura29:

Bros I disagree with you on Praiz ooo, Dare is a fair comparison to John Legend.

If I want to listen to beats, I go to the club, the music on my phone can kill someone coz it will sound boring to them. I have two albums of Brymo on my phone.. that's music.. 2face.. etc
All of them join. Just used Praiz cos of their vocal similarities. You're right and it's pitiable.

To think of leaving footprints in the Sands of time seem not to be how 'they' think.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by hadura29(m): 12:17am On Nov 08, 2016
daveP:
All of them join. Just used Praiz cos of their vocal similarities. You're right and it's pitiable.

To think of leaving footprints in the Sands of time seem not to be how 'they' think.

what they do now, is make the junk music and the money at the same time... Forgetting about the future. Asa will always keep selling albums, coz they are evergreen etc..
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by urchcoded(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2016
bros, e b like say you never see maths question wey be like karate kick.
Lolx i can relate... But tekno no reach solve dat kain maths
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by metallisc(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2016
trustyshoess:

Not only in Nigeria, it's everywhere tbh

true that!

nice legs though! wink wink
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by Drbarmes(m): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
paradigmshift:

bullion van gat nice lyrics
Africa rapper number one de same

but never compare m.I to me kdot or slim shady
I gat money in oil, akara... Is dat wat u call nice lyrics?
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by paradigmshift(m): 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
Drbarmes:

I gat money in oil, akara... Is dat wat u call nice lyrics?

yes think outside the box n get it
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by Hushee(m): 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
ajoskele:
Wizkid is good oo, very good. I just dont like his songs that much.
Buh his voice and swags are cool.
True but that's what sells now in Nigeria.
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by Hushee(m): 11:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
makabulchi:

Plus small doctor gbera
Lol. I don't think so, Small doctor dey another craze level. I like him though.
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by ajoskele(m): 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hushee:
True but that's what sells now in Nigeria.
abi now

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by Drbarmes(m): 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
paradigmshift:

yes think outside the box n get it
Lol.. Ur a big joke. I think outside d box wen I hear " all I do is brainstorm n I rain down lines".... Jcole
Re: Wizkid, Stop Writing Lousy Lyrics by docmoses(m): 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
What about lil kesh,reminisce,seriki and cdq

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download A Thousand Years Sheet Music By Christina Perri / [lyrics] Barry Jhay - Ayo Ni Temi | @barryjhay / VIDEO: Mr. P – Zombie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.