Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. (3625 Views)

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / "Stop Exploiting Buhari’s Ill Health" - Northern Group Tells Yoruba Leaders / The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2016
Leaders of the Okun people in the six Yoruba speaking local government areas of Kogi State are to hold a summit to chart the way forward for the people.

The summit, with the theme:
“Breaking the Bonds of Underdevelopment in Okunland” holds in Kabba, Kogi State from November 24 – 26, 2016.

Media Director of the summit, Mr. Tunde Ipinmisho, in a statement said the programme which would dwell on security, unity and development in Okunland would be
attended by foremost traditional rulers, top academics, media executives, political and community leaders, business executives and top Okun indigenes in the public sector.

The summit, being jointly organized by the umbrella socio-cultural body in the area, Okun Development Association (ODA) and a development advocacy group, the Okun Development Initiative(ODI) would deliberate on new political and administrative strategies for
Okunland, security of life and property, agricultural revolution as well as the preservation and protection of the environment in the area.

Other issues to be deliberated upon are: re-engineering the educational system for academic and cultural revival, industrialization of Okunland, effective leadership as a panacea for development, women empowerment and
youth development, as well as the industrialization of Okunland.

Prominent Okun indigenes expected to deliver papers at the summit include:

1. Former Minister of Industry, Chief Kola Jamodu,
2. Former Deputy Chief of Staff to the President, Prince Olushola Akanmode.
3. President Nigerian Academy of Letters, Professor Olu Obafemi.
4. Retired Executive Director, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Mr.Oladele Oyelola.
5. Prince Michael Ikupolati.
6. The Special Adviser to the Kogi State Governor on Security, Commander Duro Jerry Omodara (rtd).

Also expected at the summit are past National President, Okun Development Association, Chief E. O Otitoju, former army divisional commander, Major General Julius Oshanupin (rtd) and Assistant Inspector-General of Police Raphael Osanaiye (rtd). National Coordinator, Okun Development Initiative, Mr.Olusuyi Otitoju and the National President, Okun Development Association,
Mr. Babatunde Fadumiyo are also to deliver keynote addresses at the summit which
ends with the release of a communiqué on Saturday, November 26, 2016.

Cc: acidosis

OKUN agbe yha ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Siberia101: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2016
I Served in Community Comprehensive College Ayeh Gbedde, Ijumu LGA very hospitable people.

Okun Ooooooooooh grin

Ekun Joko grin

Olowun Ji Are I don forget Okun finish cry

During the good days when the Late Baba Jemigbon ( VP The Apostolic Church) paid us our allowances from his personal pocket to help his people with basic education cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2016
E rokun o
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Acidosis(m): 10:39am On Nov 04, 2016
Great

Okun land needs all the attention, funds, etc, from the private and public sectors to take a new shape.

We can solve our problems without technically breaking away from the state. Although "Kogi" is to blame for all the woes that have befallen Okun land.

4 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by orimsam: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2016
Okun
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2016
With someone like Senator Dino Melaye representing you in Abuja, your redemption appears far away

6 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2016
Siberia101:
I Served in Community Comprehensive College Ayeh Gbedde, Ijumu LGA very hospitable people.

Okun Ooooooooooh grin

Ekun Joko grin

During the good days when the Late Baba Jemigbon ( VP The Apostolic Church) paid us our allowances from his personal pocket to help his people with basic education cool

Wow, good to see this good comment because i am from that villa( Ayeh-Gbede...little jerusalem). You also tried with the dialect though, keep it up.
He(pastor S.S. Jemigbon) was a great icon, still missing him till 2day and may his soul continue to rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 04, 2016
Acidosis:
Great

Okun land needs all the attention, funds, etc, from the private and public sectors to take a new shape.

We can solve our problems without technically breaking away from the state. Although "Kogi" is to blame for all the woes that has befallen Okun land.

I quite agreed with with bruv, but if we must develope in full swing.. Kogi state is definitely not the right place to be. You can't compare the average mentality of those guys on the other side of river Niger with that of our people, those guys are not ready to flow with the course of development in Kogi state.

3 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2016
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
With someone like Senator Dino Melaye representing you in Abuja, your redemption appears far away

Oga, our redemption is not tied with Dino's representation, as you can see he was not mention in the list of notable people that was invited to this summit. You may like to know that Dino home town(Ayetoro-gbede) had not experience PHCN light for over 4 months now while there is contant power supply in a nearby town(Kabba) which is about 15km from Ayetoro. So, leave Dino out of this and let him continue to enjoy his exotic rides for the next 3yrs.

6 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Bellfun(m): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Hmmmm...

My Blood
My Okun people..

Hmmm...i hope we'll all jettison all these political leanings and man-up to the task of developing Okun land!

I hope this forum unite us all

Okun ooo

2 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Adiola(f): 8:29am On Nov 06, 2016
Pls kogi is north central and never Yoruba stop the lsbd grabbing those Yoruba's most migrated there there to trade and settled there for centuries pls focus on southwest and leave north alone land grabbers

6 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by otitokoroleti: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2016
Siberia101:

Okun Ooooooooooh grin

Ekun Joko grin

You are right! I enjoyed my stay at Ekinrin-Adde & Otun-Adde, those people are very nice!

1 Like

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by orimsamsam(m): 8:55am On Nov 06, 2016
Adiola:
Pls kogi is north central and never Yoruba stop the lsbd grabbing those Yoruba's most migrated there there to trade and settled there for centuries pls focus on southwest and leave north alone land grabbers
wht are u saying. Pls elaborate

7 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by AshiwajuFoward: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2016
orimsamsam:
wht are u saying. Pls elaborate

Look, don't give that guy any attention please. He's an Igbo guy (don't be fooled by the female/Yoruba moniker) with the sole intent to deliberately create confusion and derail this thread, that's why he's not even coherent or making any sense. Just ignore such comments and move on.

Cc: Guseh, orimsam

14 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by orimsamsam(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Look, don't give that guy any attention please. He's an Igbo guy (don't be fooled by the female/Yoruba moniker) with the sole intent to deliberately create confusion and derail this thread, that's why he's not even coherent or making any sense. Just ignore such comments and move on.

I know there type, I know he only wants to derail the thread. But i don't knw the reason they are obsessed with yorubas. Any Yoruba thread, u see them running about naked with dere dick measuring analysis. One of there tactic and wht dey are doing presently is to separate Yoruba Muslim from yorubas Christian.

Dey are gullible and credulous, they believe things that lacks merits and establishment. Well someone that believe mark zuckerburg lost 3billion dollars because of Biafra is deluded and not worthy of logical argument

19 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by adadadon(m): 11:39am On Nov 06, 2016
Guseh:

I quite agreed with with bruv, but if we must develope in full swing.. Kogi state is definitely not the right place to be. You can't compare the average mentality of those guys on the other side of river Niger with that of our people, those guys are not ready to flow with the course of development in Kogi state.
You mean Igala or Ebira people?
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by hundredhunndred: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2016
God bless Okun people. God bless Yorubaland.

10 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by olurotimi(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
May God give us our Okun state. Amen

8 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by obaloppelujo(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
which part of kogi is dino melaye from ? And are the ebira or igbira am sorry if i didnt the spellings also yoruba speaking too ?
There is an arguement here . i tried to google it but the link isnt helping.Thanks.
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Alright sir, he/she(adiola) is a mad cow that has no specific direction on this forum.
AshiwajuFoward:

4 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
adadadon:

You mean Igala or Ebira people?

Kogites knows the people i am refering to

1 Like

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
obaloppelujo:
which part of kogi is dino melaye from ? And are the ebira or igbira am sorry if i didnt the spellings also yoruba speaking too ?
There is an arguement here . i tried to google it but the link isnt helping.Thanks.

To your first question, he is from the western part(Okun) of Kogi state.

The answer to your second quetion is Capital "NO"
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
olurotimi:
May God give us our Okun state. Amen

Wagbayi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by obaloppelujo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=Guseh post=50812848]
The answer to your second quetion is Capital "NO" Ok ....Ok....Thanks.....Noted.
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by adadadon(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Guseh:

Kogites knows the people i am refering to
Ok
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by adadadon(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Guseh:

The answer to your second quetion is Capital "NO
"
Wrong again, am ebira and speak Yoruba surnamed yoruba and I have mainly Yoruba names and am fully ebira ......
Don't misinform people.

4 Likes

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by obaloppelujo(m): 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Wrong again, am ebira and speak Yoruba surnamed yoruba and I have mainly Yoruba names and am fully ebira ......
Don't misinform people.

Am confused too cos an ebira guy in lagos told me he is a yoruba and the parent testified tooo.

1 Like

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Adiola(f): 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
Guseh:

Alright sir, he/she(adiola) is a mad cow that has no specific direction on this forum.
why calling your sister is it because coolitempa quoted you we Yoruba are becoming another this I fear for my race
Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2016
obaloppelujo:

Don't misinform people.

Am confused too cos an ebira guy in lagos told me he is a yoruba and the parent testified tooo.

Definitely that ebira guy did not know his root, Ebiras are not Yoruba. Answering yoruba names and speaking yoruba does not qualify you as a yoruba, but your history do..especially where their forefathers migrated from to this present location, is it from Ile ife?

cc:obaloppelujo

1 Like

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2016
adadadon:

Don't misinform people.

Speak for yourself bro, go to Okene and start speaking yoruba there i am sure 4 out 5 people you will meet on their street will not understand what you are saying. Except those their villages that share boundary with yoruba communities in Ondo and Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 07, 2016
Please go through this thread in order to clear your doubt.

https://www.nairaland.com/3310058/kogi-state-10-interesting-facts

cc: Obaloppelujo and adadadon

1 Like

Re: Okun(yoruba) Leaders In Kogi State To Hold Summit On Way Forward. by TimeManager(m): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2016
orimsamsam:
I know there type, I know he only wants to derail the thread. But i don't knw the reason they are obsessed with yorubas. Any Yoruba thread, u see them running about naked with dere dick measuring analysis. One of there tactic and wht dey are doing presently is to separate Yoruba Muslim from yorubas Christian.

Dey are gullible and credulous, they believe things that lacks merits and establishment. Well someone that believe mark zuckerburg lost 3billion dollars because of Biafra is deluded and not worthy of logical argument
You deserve a royal crown. Kiss the crown!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Betraying Who, East Or West?? Read History / Igbo's Don't Like Northerners? / Igbos Denied Access To Vote In Lagos (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.