Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (60916 Views)

10 Patients Go Blind After Injection In A Kaduna Hospital / Kaduna hospital in search of family of boy whose Mum died in accident (Graphic) / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Officialkenshin(m): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
NevetsIbot:
osanobua!!!!! Holy mother of babies.... Warris dis. End the baby's misery, send her back to baba God oo... A life of pain n rejection... No no no

Hahahaha guy you too funny.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by tmgold007(f): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
tobimillar:
I can't imagine the trauma the parent an the child will go thru .. I wish I am allowed to have an opinion... I will recommend euthanasia..... the child doesn't deserve to suffer in this world... being born a Nigerian in this recession is too much suffering already
...i conquor
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by tmgold007(f): 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
lyterydim:
As a medical doctor in university of home teaching hospital....this condiction is called runtum opion it's a genetic disorder caused by what we called lincru funto,

It's happened to every 1 of 100 children in the world,
It has no cure for now but it's preventable.

Thanks

But don't be srious with me I don't even know what am writing maybe am suffering from tamtu tamdu
lol you are funny oooo
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by PipSurgeon(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tolexander:
chisos!

Probably abortion gone wrong or some drugs used during the third trimester of the pregnancy!

this is the Harlequin baby. the condition is called icthyosis. mostly autosomal recessive disorder. comes in different degree and type.. the only ish is the skin and its appendages.. we manage one abt 3months ago and she did well. u need to nurse in a incubator use petroleum jelly generously. the infolded eyelid (ectropium) usually resolve spontaneously. the hard leatherlike skin will peal off and normal skin may follow depending on the variant of icthyosis.. supportive care is the main stay
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by PipSurgeon(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
Danex1988:
Harlequin ichthyosis a rare genetic condition.
not quiet rare in recent time. av seen 2 in 3months.. the 1st did well but havent seen her after follow up (left the unit). consanguinity is a major risk factor
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by PipSurgeon(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
FullDepth1:
It's in cases like this you'd appreciate Medical Science.

Some parts of the illiterate world, they'd term this as failed abortion or even witchcraft.

I've seen this very rare case, and it's termed "Harlequin Ichthyosis". Basically a skin disorder during formation. The skin is so hard, firming shapes that are separated by fissures known as deep cracks.

This should be Nigeria's first case, (that I've heard of/seen)

1 in about 500,000 births globally.

But Sadly....
consanguinity have made it more common in the north.. this is my 2nd in 3months.. ABUTH, Zaria put case incidence the see at once in every 3 month.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Tolexander: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
PipSurgeon:

this is the Harlequin baby. the condition is called icthyosis. mostly autosomal recessive disorder. comes in different degree and type.. the only ish is the skin and its appendages.. we manage one abt 3months ago and she did well. u need to nurse in a incubator use petroleum jelly generously. the infolded eyelid (ectropium) usually resolve spontaneously. the hard leatherlike skin will peal off and normal skin may follow depending on the variant of icthyosis.. supportive care is the main stay
thanks so much Doctor!

You are just very late to make ur contribution, peeps hardly follow a thread to this page.

Dominique, this is a fine medical explanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by skales67(m): 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
There's only one explanation to this...the woman who gave birth to this thing must have been f*cked by an alien!

No mind me....na joke i dey o
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by PipSurgeon(m): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tolexander:
thanks so much Doctor!

You are just very late to make ur contribution, peeps hardly follow a thread to this page.

Dominique, this is a fine medical explanation
thanx for the mention on FP... to educate the audience.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Adeevah(m): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
A beast called baby
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Tolexander: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
PipSurgeon:

thanx for the mention on FP... to educate the audience.
You are welcome sir!

I felt it is needed in the front page more than any other posts in the front page!
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
Taaaa... This ia a classic case of erythroblastosis fetalis

This is not erythroblastosis foetalis.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Mememan: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
Pidgin2:
This child will be in pains.
Is this a child or a thing
They should trow it away joor

Nonsense!
The world is over populated already.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Mememan: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:
It's a medical condition that effected the skin from developing properly..

I'm not a medical person but I think this baby for the rest of her life would end up in the hospital..

This is a very serious medical condition because, the white areas are like scales, it form a hard (nail-like) structures and can be very painful and would certainly effect the proper development of certain areas of her body..

They will need to be greasing the whole of her body for her to be experiencing some comfort..

Anytime oil dried from her skin and the scales drys she is gonna be in serious pain and discomfort...

May God be with her and give her parentso courage to strand down this though journey...
Rubbish!
That thing should be trown away.
The world is already overpopulated.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by modsfucker: 3:30am On Nov 05, 2016
Is the mother breastfeeding her?
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by LisaJohn: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2016
[b][/b][s][/s]Hmmm
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by giftedart: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2016
Watch who you eep by olamide @ cartoon version created by giftedart.....more funy cartoon video coming soon...this the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O27RnVop7Gk&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCPTl1K21kNACFQHHFgodyiwKw1Ibb2xhbWlkZSBmdCB3aG8geW91IGVlcCwyMDE2&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
booqee:
u still did not mention the name. it's called Harlequin baby. the disorder is ichthyosis. it's a very severe and rare medical disorder found in some very few fetus

Oh.. I didn't know the name as that time..
It was after the comment that I went online to do more research about it..

I saw this for the first time in a health documentary on TV..

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Mad Man Attempts Withdrawing At An ATM (photo) / Somto Hospital In Owerri Demolished By Hope Uzodinma (Photos) / COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.