Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,023 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward (20003 Views)

Senate Warns Charly Boy, Protesters: "Leave Buhari Alone Immediately" / Orji Uzor Kalu Warns Fayose To Leave Buhari Alone / Leave Buhari Alone - Coalition Of Civil Society Groups Stage Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by chinjo(m): 1:18am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:
abegi...but pls can you tell me when we could no longer pay salary?...nonsense... GEJ produced 2.28 million barrels of oil per day and sell at 150 dollars buhari 900,000 barrel and sell at 38 dollars..if you have brain,tell me who has the best opportunity to stabilize our economy and develop the country..?

Zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Miyachi: 1:36am On Nov 05, 2016
Ps3ver:

I fault your appraisal of Nigeria's economic recession. Your assertions are largely distorted and misconceived. You don't need a degree to know that Nigeria is a mono economy and a drop in oil prices is largely responsible for the economic recession Nigeria is experiencing. We are not alone though checkout Venezuela and indeed other oil producing countries, they are all in some state of recession.
A recession is occasioned where there is a decline in earnings of a country i.e. a decline in trade etc. Our earnings have dropped as a result of a drop in global oil prices coupled with the massive looting that was meant to cushion the economic slowdown and unrest in the Niger Delta and economic mismanagement of previous governments these are factors to that caused the economic recession and not PMB.
Please before you put up an inflammatory post in the future against the president educate yourself and speak fairly. God bless Nigeria and we pray all the policies and activities of the current government succeed in bringing the people to an era of prosperity.

Inasmuch as theses reasons apply, the present government has its faults to no matter how little. The president's cabinet is filled by persons who are largely inexperienced to handle their portfolios. How do you expect any improvements in electric supply when the Minister for Power is a Lawyer. All of these, coupled with his unguarded remarks about the country have done a lot of damage.

The truth is bitter, but we must tell it to ourselves, we've not had a true leader in Nigeria for as far as I know, ( I'm not that old). Even the past president was no saint nor an ideal model. But what I fear most is not even the leaders but the common Nigerian who would defend a leader, even to the hurt of his fellow brother. It is as if we've exalted them to the place of gods that we cannot tolerate someone who criticizes them, even if that criticism has merit. Everything they do is RIGHT, and should not be questioned. I have sought to understand these things, but they baffle me, a lot.

Until we hold our leaders accountable for all their actions and inactions, they will always get away with whatever they do. While we argue and insult each other, they are there gambling with the future of the nation like they don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by tiwiex(m): 2:20am On Nov 05, 2016
ngolokante:
It can be seen from the publication that Oil accounted for only less than 18% of Nigeria's GDP between 2010 and 2014, when Nigeria recorded most of the high crude oil sales. in 2014 for instance, Oil accounted for barely 11% of Nigeria's GDP.

Oh common, even a baby knows dat this is a lie... What else were you exporting to account for the remaining 82% of Nigeria's GDP between 2010 and 2014?

GDP. Not export proceeds. Every activity withing the economy contributes to GDP. U run a small business and produce something then u contribute to GDP. U run a filling station then u also contribute. There are multiplier effects which exhibits the degree of activity within d economy. Telecoms contributes. Service business to telecoms contribute. When small businesses shut down, it affects GDP significantly due to a huge loss in d multiplier effect. The figure quoted is right. Think about it, how many people really work in oil and gas? Yet a lot of people are employed and contribute to the economy. It is a huge and complicated cycle. Meddling with it should be done with caution. Buharis fixation is on oil and that is how we got here. He probably interpreted GDP the way you did.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by LoveDecay(m): 2:26am On Nov 05, 2016
[size=18pt]I SMELL IPOB[/size]
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by metallisc(m): 4:29am On Nov 05, 2016
drss2:
buari dullard has dis ancient notion dat becos he's refered to as man of intergrity (intergrity my foot) world leaders including foriegn investors will fall down n worship him. unfortunately for him, world politics n economic advancement is not based on 12th century principles.

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by escobar07(m): 5:08am On Nov 05, 2016
blackpanda:
OP I think its better u be quiet and not annoy people further. Theres no ridiculous explanation u can cook up to absolve the clueless ineffectual buffoon.

And btw, there is a difference between revenue earner and GDP.
yes, take a look at agriculture and the answer becomes clear
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by TheRealestGuy(m): 5:12am On Nov 05, 2016
TijaniAbu:
President Buhari is responsible for national security and anti-corruption. Vice President Osinbajo is responsible for the economy. Therefor Fake Pastor Osinbajo is responsible, and wholly to blame for the recession. A vice president afflicted with deady vices. Fake Pastor
cheesy

Most hilarious post ever shocked

So you have absolved PMB totally of our economic woes?

Gosh! How did I end up in the same country with someone like this!!!

You gotta be kidding me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by hysteriabox(m): 5:19am On Nov 05, 2016
socialmediaman:
Proof That Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, And The Way Forward

Just setting the records straight for reference purposes. This was a publication by the Ministry of Budget and National Planning on their website

http://www.nationalplanning.gov.ng/index.php/news-media/news/news-summary/333-nigeria-s-oil-sector-contribution-to-gdp-lowest-in-opec-blueprint

It can be seen from the publication that Oil accounted for only less than 18% of Nigeria's GDP between 2010 and 2014, when Nigeria recorded most of the high crude oil sales. in 2014 for instance, Oil accounted for barely 11% of Nigeria's GDP. This was the same time when Nigeria had the Biggest economy in Africa; which included Industries like telecoms, information technology, music, online sales, airlines, and film production.

This raises an important question that if oil accounted for a very insignificant part of our GDP, How then could Nigeria have gone into recession due to drop in Oil Revenue?

Since Buhari assumed office in May 2015, there has been a consistent decline in Business and Investment, he has been unable to develop a clear policy direction for his administration. His incompetency, Rushed TSA Implementation, unguarded statements about the economy and against sections of the country which unduly heated up the polity, Stiff Forex policy and Lack of a clear policy direction eroded investor confidence and caused agitation in the Niger Delta Region.

These are the factors which drove Nigeria to a recession. Lets be very clear with this fact and find a way to move this country forward.

One thing is clear, if Buhari does not honestly take responsibility for the mess and seek solutions which include everyone, He may not be able to champion Nigeria out of the mess because Government only succeeds when the stakeholders and people have confidence in it.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan

Gbam! You hit d bull's eye with accuracy. But nooo! Pmb ll never admit that! Amean... he'd rather kill himself than commit suicide na! Why take responsibility when PDP is there to blame. And lol...one law of power is only take the glory, but get someone else to take the fall.

God that planted him in that office did us a great favor (and more so to the North than to the rest of Nigeria)! At least now we ll learn that electing leaders should be strictly by capability, antecedents and clearly laid down manifestos, instead of by ethnic, religiuos bigotry and shallow but loud shoutings of CHANJI. God just help us thru this mess

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Myself2(m): 5:48am On Nov 05, 2016
GenbIoodykiller:
[s][/s]

e pain am

Buhari is a terrorist vagabond and an economic bokoharam a useless nonentity kunu drinking bastard burukutu sipping gorilla without brain.

only bastards feels otherwise cool

You really killed that zonB

Truth really hurts and zombies will continue to defend their corrupt illiterate cattle rearing master till they get to their grave ; no qualms
That act of inexplicable idiocy by the zombies will however not change the fact that the vengeful,despotic dullard is expired,has no idea whatsoever about governance in the 21st century,has a cabinet made up grossly incompetent ministers like the unqualified kindergarten girl in finance ministry called Kemi Adeosun to very chronically corrupt treasury looters like Amaechi etc,,,,,,,,,I can go on and on
No nairalanders you tell me that if you are the head of any of the Bretton woods institutes, leading world financial organizations, leading world economies etc that you will like to do business with that useless dullard called Buhari,,,,,,would you Does the man inspire any form of confidence for any investors to think of funneling FDIs to Nigeria
I think not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by livgenius: 6:10am On Nov 05, 2016
If you're going to argue, argue properly. GDP and revenue are two completely different things. Oil was at least 90% of revenue.
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by ArabMopol(m): 6:41am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:
there are issues you should ignore as you know you can never contribute meaningfully and my comment is one of those.. oya go and play with your toy..
coward ur contribution is irrelevant, Zombies are getting wiser but I wondering why u refuse to apply some common sense, don't worry u will soon follow ur master to the grave
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by rickyrex(m): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:
abegi...but pls can you tell me when we could no longer pay salary?...nonsense... GEJ produced 2.28 million barrels of oil per day and sell at 150 dollars buhari 900,000 barrel and sell at 38 dollars..if you have brain,tell me who has the best opportunity to stabilize our economy and develop the country..?

And why is buhari not producing up to that?
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by mengho(m): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2016
stop blaming Buhari for ur troubles, dis recession has nothing to do with him, even b4 he became president, the then minister of finance Ngozi said we are already in recession, d ineffectual buffoon was hiding it so he can win a second term.

Just accept It op, Jonathan don lose election, let's just manage pmb till 2019, if he fails to deliver, we kick him out, simple & easy
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by ofwest47(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2016
During the 6 years of GEJ we had 2 ministers of power who were professors of engineering both were I Before Orders one of them Prof. Pat Nnaji and the other Prof. em_ remind me of his name, both of them sat on the ministry of power in the country for that number of years what was their achievement in the power sector except that one of them name withheld, corruptly used the money meant for national power development to float his own private power project at Enugu however due to the change in govt. for which put a stop to illegal monetary access, the corruptly developed project has become comatose and abandoned uncompleted.
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by waltec(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2016
'Unguarded statements', Yes. Thats what killed the Naira. Even if you have realistic plan to make Naira equal to the Dollar, must you say it out So you expect a world power like US to fold it's arms and let you do that? That's their Power, you know
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by donwalome(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2016
I'm not going to write much. I'll just drop this here for you all to digest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QDjzTTrag
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by demandtruth: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2016
Shikena:
Buhari is also responsible for the situation in Venezuela, Angola and Egypt. In fact, every country that failed to plan properly during the boom years have Buhari to blame. When the results of ineffectual buffoonery started coming out towards 2015 election when GEJ's government couldn't even pay federal workers it was all because of Buhari. When Okonjo Iweala warned about the impending situation she was talking about Buhari's government spending recklessness. Same with Sanusi. Nigeria, home of very interesting people. You better enjoy the recession for now and learn from it so no one will fool you with PhD again in future.

It baffles me to think most of these youth here will grow up and desire to occupy important office in the future in Nigeria.

Their level of thinking is seriously deficient.

How on earth would someone aggregate GDP, Oil prices and not seems to understand the basic underlining principles in economics.

Oil prices money accounts for 90% of Nigeria FX and yet, these ignoramus entities don't know the difference between GDP and FX as it affects the economy.

Even Canada was at a point in recession. Not because of lower GDP but entirely due to this fall in price of commodities especially oil

And to even think that they are in defense of some prodigal leaders that squandered their future makes me wonder what has befallen this country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Shaw007(m): 7:42am On Nov 05, 2016
Shikena:
Buhari is also responsible for the situation in Venezuela, Angola and Egypt. In fact, every country that failed to plan properly during the boom years have Buhari to blame. When the results of ineffectual buffoonery started coming out towards 2015 election when GEJ's government couldn't even pay federal workers it was all because of Buhari. When Okonjo Iweala warned about the impending situation she was talking about Buhari's government spending recklessness. Same with Sanusi. Nigeria, home of very interesting people. You better enjoy the recession for now and learn from it so no one will fool you with PhD again in future.
abeg help me tell them oh
everybody wanted to eat the national cake, Now that the National cake is eating us, somebody has to be blamed right! bunch of hypocritical bastards

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Ps3ver: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2016
Miyachi:

Inasmuch as theses reasons apply, the present government has its faults to no matter how little. The president's cabinet is filled by persons who are largely inexperienced to handle their portfolios. How do you expect any improvements in electric supply when the Minister for Power is a Lawyer. All of these, coupled with his unguarded remarks about the country have done a lot of damage.

The truth is bitter, but we must tell it to ourselves, we've not had a true leader in Nigeria for as far as I know, ( I'm not that old). Even the past president was no saint nor an ideal model. But what I fear most is not even the leaders but the common Nigerian who would defend a leader, even to the hurt of his fellow brother. It is as if we've exalted them to the place of gods that we cannot tolerate someone who criticizes them, even if that criticism has merit. Everything they do is RIGHT, and should not be questioned. I have sought to understand these things, but they baffle me, a lot.

Until we hold our leaders accountable for all their actions and inactions, they will always get away with whatever they do. While we argue and insult each other, they are there gambling with the future of the nation like they don't care.

I agree that this administration is not without blame. I personally found it bizarre that it took the president near six months to announce his cabinet. Still we have to look at our problems from a wholistic point of view and examine the government's response to tackling these issues. Your point about not having a technocrat running a particular ministry is seriously flawed and I could give you a whole list of countries where technocrats don't run their ministries or agencies peculiar to their training and still succeed. While Fashola may have made unfortunate comments, it is more or less the truth regardless I personally don't care who does what as long these policies and plans succeed. I know for a fact the amount of work that has gone into rejuvenating power for instance and no matter how much we spend on building the infrastructure it can never be accomplished overnight.
Ideally we should examine the efficacy of every policy embarked by the government rather than jump on the bandwagon of ignorance, hate, racism and anti-government louts.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Izonpikin: 7:53am On Nov 05, 2016
ransomed:
Stop using IMF indices to deceive us. ND avengers engineered the recession, Treasury looters in fee dee fee and hay fee see put it in motion and elites implemented it.#Nigeriaindicesforrecession.
the president agitated the region and brought NDA on himself and nigerians...that's what we are saying..

Buhari looked for the trouble o the very region feeding the country..which president in this world does that
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Izonpikin: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2016
abbey621:
Can't we just stop this blame game and focus on survival. GEJ could afford to rely on other sectors of the economy to increase GDP due to the fact that 11% of oil at almost $100 per barrel practically ensures Nigeria would never go into a recession. Buhari met the same oil at less than $40 per barrel and an economy stagnant due to his noble but ignorant gesture of trying to nip corruption in the bud. You cannot blame one without blaming the other as they both contributed in one way or the other to this disaster we call recession. The way forward is what every citizen should be thinking of, how do we move away from this dependency on oil? How do we stop the over reliance on imports and continue to grow our exports? Buhari should wake up and see that the people are suffering, sometimes it's best to compromise by thinking of the greater good than trying to fight a justified war that would only result in more hardship for Nigerians.
that is my point...the guy is more serious with chasing pdp officials with efcc an DSS and announcing their arrests on news papers to score cheap points than focusing on our dying economy..

This is the singular reason I say buharis admin is not only incompetent but foolish..

And right now nigerians are hungry and tired..

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Boyooosa(m): 8:08am On Nov 05, 2016
psucc:
Buhari himself knows he is the reason why things take to reverse gear in Nigeria.

This position is corroborated by the NANS position that a major feature of any Buhari govt is retrogression.
Does dat mean that the immediate past Government controlled the said GDP (2012, 2013 & 2014) to their own personal advantage (election campaign & personal pockets) because we did not observe the claims (in the general economy) in that period, we are all Nigerians na and we were all on-board! Shed more light... cc @op.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by ever811(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2016
ArabMopol:
coward ur contribution is irrelevant, Zombies are getting wiser but I wondering why u refuse to apply some common sense, don't worry u will soon follow ur master to the grave
are you OK?...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Mentcee(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2016
obembet:
Which way Nigeria

The Minister of Agric studied French.

The Minister of Education studied Accounting.

The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International Relations.

The Minister of power studied law.

The Minister of communications studied law too.

The Minister of transport studied English.

The Minister of labour studied surgery.

Then President himself has no certificate at all.
Now, if someone still don't understand why things aren't working, then that person need urgent deliverance. ##
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by maxtop(m): 9:11am On Nov 05, 2016
Some dudes are bad here ...

obembet:
Which way Nigeria

The Minister of Agric studied French.

The Minister of Education studied Accounting.

The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International Relations.

The Minister of power studied law.

The Minister of communications studied law too.

The Minister of transport studied English.

The Minister of labour studied surgery.

Then President himself has no certificate at all.
Now, if someone still don't understand why things aren't working, then that person need urgent deliverance. ##
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Orikinla(m): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:

The OP has the IQ of a primary school pupil in Nigeria.
And the mods disgraced him by moving it to the headlines on the homepage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Orikinla(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2016
demandtruth:

It baffles me to think most of these youth here will grow up and desire to occupy important office in the future in Nigeria.

Their level of thinking is seriously deficient.

How on earth would someone aggregate GDP, Oil prices and not seems to understand the basic underlining principles in economics.

Oil prices money accounts for 90% of Nigeria FX and yet, these ignoramus entities don't know the difference between GDP and FX as it affects the economy.

Even Canada was at a point in recession. Not because of lower GDP but entirely due to this fall in price of commodities especially oil

And to even think that they are in defense of some prodigal leaders that squandered their future makes me wonder what has befallen this country.
They are pathetic.
I feel sorry for their girlfriends or wives.
It is a nightmare to to in relationship with a re-tard.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by SignalTNA: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2016
INTROVERT:
Na Ngozi write that page grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao. According to Lagos Ibadan expressway media people
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:
you are a big liar. Now that crude oil has hit 2 million barrels what is he doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by delayoyo: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2016
ever811:
Get your facts right. Knowledge is power.
Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by ever811(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2016
delayoyo:
Get your facts right. Knowledge is power.
and your own facts are......?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Alone Is To Blame For Nigeria's Recession, & The Way Forward by Justinah4real(f): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2016
kommiejewel:
I still don't understand why people are defending this 'President'; are you people not in Nigeria? Can't you see people are dying & starving as a direct result of the poor choices & policies made by this same man? Swallow your pride & stupidity; this country is long overdue for a revolution.
On a side note: Pls, what nonsensical act did the EFCC just perform? How can 70% of the 'successful candidates' be from the north? Was the screening exercise not carried out in other geo political zones? Seriously, this country don taya me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Election: INEC Cancels 149,576 Votes / Court Strikes Out Suit Against Ohakim Over Nude Photos / Anambra Officials Visit LAMATA In Lagos For Training On Transport Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.